Observations from a long-time lurker who hates the chicken littles on this board

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Real1st;2262611 said:
Last week everyone was saying they suck and they played the "rams" now all of a sudden they are one of the best teams :rolleyes:

No. Not everyone. Some of us recognize how good the Eagles are and how great Westbrook and McNabb are.

But I was wrong. They are much better than even I thought. They have added a necessary piece in Jackson.

They are a top ten team. I'd say top five.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Chicken little calling us chicken littles?

Pot calling Kettle black?

Norv Turner calling us losers?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The OP is correct about the team needing to stop the penalties. I doubt the face masks will continue. They are mostly a product of wanting to stop a player and that player being too elusive to stop.

We will be a remembered a great team if we win and truly the only thing that will satisfy this year is a SB win. Being there and losing will be not help but hurt more.

Let's give it more time before writing them off as potential champions. They are certainly talented enough.

And they have the spirit to be a champion. That is the take away message.

They have the stomach and heart of a king.

newlander

Reaction score
I felt this way after the game: pissed off really. 10 penalties, most of them undisciplined, horrible first half defense, etc....But after I cooled off today reality set in. Today's NFL is geared toward offense: so are all the rules. (see A.Henry getting mugged and getting a penalty at the goal line) I also liked the adjustments we made at half time. i'm hopeful as ever, but the penalties have to end and our dline has to come ready to play in the FIRST HALF. (and Romo has to calm down in big games: has a little Favre in him from that aspect too) Troubled? Yes. Hopeful? Always.......bring on the pack.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;2262400 said:

That's it. Flame away if you must.

No need. You're quite right to note that the final score does not erase the multitude of sins that preceded it. Not everyone here is delusional or hopelessly in the tank.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
1992 season
Barely beat Giants 34-28
Barely beat Cards 31-20
Loss to the Eagles 31-7
Barely beat Cards 16-10
Loss to the Skins 20-17

1993 season
Loss to the Skins 38-16
Barely beat Cards 17-10
Barely beat Cards 20-15
Barely beat Eagles 23-17
Barely beat Giants 16-13

1994 season(even though we did not win superbowl I count this as among the championship years)
Barely beat Cards 28-21
Loss to Giants 15-10

1995 season
Loss to Skins 27-23
Loss to Skins 24-17
Loss to Eagles 20-17
Barely beat Giants 21-20

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;2262400 said:
...I'll take the win...

...in spite of the win

...even though they won.

...Again, I'll take the win,

...IN SPITE of winning the game

...Even though we won

That’s creepy that he followed that pattern. And ended with this gem...

RoyBiscuit;2262400 said:
...That's all that matters this season, winning when it counts.

Seriously man, get help.

Woods

Reaction score
The penalties have to be reduced, no doubt.

We can't continue like this, otherwise it will haunt us when it counts most.

Just so many sloppy penalties. Not really sure what Wade can do about it, other than keep emphasizing to the players day in and day out not to commit them.

The other thing I'd like to see from our Defense is the ability to force more turnovers. Newman got close on one int, but we need to force fumbles (Westbrook's one wasn't forced by us) and to win the turnover battle.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Our Defense is not as good as many think. Eagles and Giants will run on us at will. Our vaunted pass rush was nowhere to be found till 4th quarter. James and Roy are a liability in coverage.

We are an offensive stud, but defenses get the SB's.