Obviously Philly has to lose one more time

droopdog7

Reaction score
For the cowboys to have a chance at the division. But that doesn’t mean that the cowboys have to finish a game ahead of them to win the division. An iggle loss to the giants means the cowboys can lose to any except the commanders.

If the cowboys lose to the bills and the iggles lose to the Seahawks, I’m not sure where the tie breakers end up?

Still four games to go, and I think the iggles definitely still have the edge in terms of opponents. But hopefully the Boys can keep playing well. And you never know, the iggles could continue their free fall even against inferior opponents.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It all comes down to next week. If they lose to Seattle we have a real shot. If not they aren’t losing any of their last three unless Hurts is out.

endersdragon

Reaction score
If Geno Smith is healthy next week, they lose to Seattle. Book it now
I watched a lot of their game today and Lock was horrible and couldn't get the ball out quickly to save his life. That's Geno's specialty.

endersdragon

Reaction score
What's the forecast in Buffalo next week. As a team they don't scare me but southern/dome teams don't do well in the snow.

heir

Reaction score
Don’t count out an upset bid by AZ. Their HC knows Philly well and has had that team playing some pretty scrappy ball at points during the season.

If Seattle and the NYG could help us out— that would be awesome lol
I feel you but I don't think Az can pull it out. Hopefully they do. Seattle is built for this though.

endersdragon

Reaction score
What's the forecast in Buffalo next week. As a team they don't scare me but southern/dome teams don't do well in the snow.
Just checked this, supposed to be a high of 48, we can work with that. Though of course this far out is little more than a guess

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They have to lose one more time and we have to win out. Good luck! Wish the rest of our games were at home.

droopdog7

Reaction score
It all comes down to next week. If they lose to Seattle we have a real shot. If not they aren’t losing any of their last three unless Hurts is out.
You must be a new nfl fan. Anything can happen, including losses to the cardinals or the giants.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
What I want to understand is what happens if Philly loses to Seattle and Dallas loses to Buffalo and they both win out after that. The conference tie breaker is then even. I think it goes to "strength of victory" which is the total wins of all teams beaten.

The different wins would be:
Dallas:
NYJ 5
Detroit 9
Carolina 1
LAC 5
Seattle 6
Total = 26

Philly:
Arizona 3
Buffalo 7
KC 8
Minnesota 7
TB 6
Total = 31

So, right now Philly would have that tie breaker. Its ironic but we have to hope that the teams out of this list that Dallas beat keep winning and the teams off this list that Philly beat lose. Detroit plays Minnesota twice for example. We want Detroit to win those games.

All assuming it breaks out like this. A similar but worse scenario would play out if Dallas beat Buffalo but lost to Miami.

If Philly wins out, they got the division. If they lose to NY in either game, Dallas has the head to head.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Yeah I was messing with playoff machine earlier.... If we finish tied at 13-4 our only hope is the divisional tiebreaker