Obviously Philly has to lose one more time

starfan1

Reaction score
It all comes down to next week. If they lose to Seattle we have a real shot. If not they aren’t losing any of their last three unless Hurts is out.
I don’t think anyone thought we’d lose to az so anything’s possible but I agree it’s unlikely

Hopefully we go into Buffalo and pull off the unlikely

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
One thing we know about Philly is they could lose a game to anyone. See Jets.

Eddie

Reaction score
If Geno Smith is healthy next week, they lose to Seattle. Book it now
Rooting for the C-hoks. Gonna put the Iggles into 3 game slide which should have been a 6 game slide.

Sydla

Reaction score
What I want to understand is what happens if Philly loses to Seattle and Dallas loses to Buffalo and they both win out after that. The conference tie breaker is then even. I think it goes to "strength of victory" which is the total wins of all teams beaten.

The different wins would be:
Dallas:
NYJ 5
Detroit 9
Carolina 1
LAC 5
Seattle 6
Total = 26

Philly:
Arizona 3
Buffalo 7
KC 8
Minnesota 7
TB 6
Total = 31

So, right now Philly would have that tie breaker. Its ironic but we have to hope that the teams out of this list that Dallas beat keep winning and the teams off this list that Philly beat lose. Detroit plays Minnesota twice for example. We want Detroit to win those games.

All assuming it breaks out like this. A similar but worse scenario would play out if Dallas beat Buffalo but lost to Miami.

If Philly wins out, they got the division. If they lose to NY in either game, Dallas has the head to head.
Common games is the tiebreaker BEFORE conference tie breaker. Doesn't change your analysis but just wanted to point out the order of tiebreakers:

It's head to head, then division, then common games, then conference record.

We need Philly to lose one more game. If they lose to the Giants, as long as we finish with same record, we'd win the division based on divisional record (Washington not pulling one of those two games against Philly hurts). If they lose to the Seahawks or Cards, we can actually lose on more game ourselves but is has to be Detroit. That's the only game (other than Washington) that we could lose and still get the division in a tiebreaker situation. If we lose to Buffalo or Miami, we are done in terms of tiebreakers (which makes the Cards loss all that more appalling) unless the unthinkable happens, and they lose to the Giants.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Philly is a team spiraling downward, and on any given Sunday they could lose. I can see them dropping more than one game to Seattle.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Common games is the tiebreaker BEFORE conference tie breaker. Doesn't change your analysis but just wanted to point out the order of tiebreakers:

It's head to head, then division, then common games, then conference record.

We need Philly to lose one more game. If they lose to the Giants, as long as we finish with same record, we'd win the division based on divisional record (Washington not pulling one of those two games against Philly hurts). If they lose to the Seahawks or Cards, we can actually lose on more game ourselves but is has to be Detroit. That's the only game (other than Washington) that we could lose and still get the division in a tiebreaker situation. If we lose to Buffalo or Miami, we are done in terms of tiebreakers (which makes the Cards loss all that more appalling) unless the unthinkable happens, and they lose to the Giants.
Almost spot on and pretty much what I said earlier. The only quibble is that if the iggles lose to the giants, we win a tie breaker UNLESS our loss is to the commanders. And yes, if we lose to the lions and they lose to the Seahawks, we win title breakers too.