Obviously Philly has to lose one more time

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For the cowboys to have a chance at the division. But that doesn’t mean that the cowboys have to finish a game ahead of them to win the division. An iggle loss to the giants means the cowboys can lose to any except the commanders.

If the cowboys lose to the bills and the iggles lose to the Seahawks, I’m not sure where the tie breakers end up?

Still four games to go, and I think the iggles definitely still have the edge in terms of opponents. But hopefully the Boys can keep playing well. And you never know, the iggles could continue their free fall even against inferior opponents.
That stinkin' Arizona game. Dallas would be in the catbird seat tonight had they won it. :banghead:

droopdog7

Reaction score
Yeah I was messing with playoff machine earlier.... If we finish tied at 13-4 our only hope is the divisional tiebreaker
I don’t think this is true. For instance, if we lose to the lions and the iggles lose to the Seahawks, we could win the tie breaker based on common opponents, which is before conference record.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Good luck with the Eagles losing to the Giants.
Well in that case we should stop talking about it at all because we have the harder schedule.

But alas, this is the nfl where any given Sunday any team can beat another.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well in that case we should stop talking about it at all because we have the harder schedule.

But alas, this is the nfl where any given Sunday any team can beat another.
Our best shot is to win out and hope Philly loses a game. We’re rolling right now and they’re struggling. We have a much more difficult schedule than them the rest of the way, but our best chance is to keep winning and hope they suffer another hiccup.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m sure the iggles are saying the same thing about that jet game. It happens.
It does, but a conference loss means a little more. Our OL was in disarray in Arizona - three back ups starting. My disappointment was the defense giving up 4 TDs.

Flamma

Reaction score
For the cowboys to have a chance at the division. But that doesn’t mean that the cowboys have to finish a game ahead of them to win the division. An iggle loss to the giants means the cowboys can lose to any except the commanders.

If the cowboys lose to the bills and the iggles lose to the Seahawks, I’m not sure where the tie breakers end up?

Still four games to go, and I think the iggles definitely still have the edge in terms of opponents. But hopefully the Boys can keep playing well. And you never know, the iggles could continue their free fall even against inferior opponents.
It goes to strength of Victory. That's when we have to start hoping the teams we beat have more wins than the teams the Eagles beat. But since the Eagles beat the Chiefs, Bills, and Dolphins, we'll probably lose that tie breaker as well.

GMO415

Reaction score

Wow. DAL won the best game of the season so far then here you come hopping up on the desk spreading the cheeks and dropping one.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Our best shot is to win out and hope Philly loses a game. We’re rolling right now and they’re struggling. We have a much more difficult schedule than them the rest of the way, but our best chance is to keep winning and hope they suffer another hiccup.
You mean if we don’t lose another game, that is our best shot? Why didn’t I think of that?

Been a fan for over 40 year and all I know is, whatever you think will happen probably won’t.

droopdog7

Reaction score
It goes to strength of Victory. That's when we have to start hoping the teams we beat have more wins than the teams the Eagles beat. But since the Eagles beat the Chiefs, Bills, and Dolphins, we'll probably lose that tie breaker as well.
I mean, we don’t have to worry about the bills and dolphins since we play them too. And obviously if we lose to them, then tie breakers don’t matter anyway.

droopdog7

Reaction score
It does, but a conference loss means a little more. Our OL was in disarray in Arizona - three back ups starting. My disappointment was the defense giving up 4 TDs.
Yeah, that’s the difference right now. But the point still stands. Every team loses games they shouldn’t. Our bad luck is that it was against an nfc team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good luck with the Eagles losing to the Giants.
Yeah, not going to happen. Our only hope is to win out and hope the Eagles lose to Seattle or Arizona because we're not winning any tie breakers. Even if it gets to Strength of Victory tie breaker, the Eagles currently have a 16 game lead on us. That's hard to come back from in 4 weeks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the difference right now. But the point still stands. Every team loses games they shouldn’t. Our bad luck is that it was against an nfc team.
No one disputed your point. I just have a different point. Both can be true.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think the Eagles lose at least once more and maybe twice. 2 weeks in a row they got blown out. They may be imploding. Also their defense is suspect.

mldardy

Reaction score
It all comes down to next week. If they lose to Seattle we have a real shot. If not they aren’t losing any of their last three unless Hurts is out.
The way they are playing they can lose any of these final 4 games. Wouldn't be guaranteeing wins for that team right now especially how bad their defense is.

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean, we don’t have to worry about the bills and dolphins since we play them too. And obviously if we lose to them, then tie breakers don’t matter anyway.
If we lose another game, it will probably be to the Bills or Dolphins. If that happens, and the Eagles lose to say, Seattle. The Eagles will win the Strength of Victory tie breaker as well. They have a 16 game lead as of right now.