OC Schottenheimer update on Trey Lance

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It hasn’t been all negative. There’s been a few positives here and there, but the consensus amongst the media that’s watched him in practice is he hasn’t looked very impressive. I haven’t heard anything in the past few days on him so maybe he has improved. As for the link you posted I don’t think those guys are on the field viewing practice. Not sure how credible they are.
According to that article he has improved a lot. As it said, like the switch came on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
According to that article he has improved a lot. As it said, like the switch came on.
We’ll see when preseason gets here. McCarthy said he would get the majority of the snaps.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice article. As says, what I said. He has improved.

The one thing the artifice got wrong, that Dak has yet to throw an INT in TC. He has thrown 4 or 5 from what I remember reading. If not more by now.
Yeah that caught my attention too, but it might be referencing a specific part of practice. I think the only INTs I've saw from Dak have been in 7vs7s.....I could be wrong as I only see bits and pieces, but don't think I've seen any during the full team periods

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Go watch the vid that Rockport posted. Lance did pretty well throwing the ball.
Yeah I agree. I can see where the conflicting reports are coming from as the accuracy isn't always there, as you see some balls thrown behind and a couple outside the hash marks that float a little high, but overall he looks pretty good in the majority of the videos we are getting around here.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I can see where the conflicting reports are coming from as the accuracy isn't always there, as you see some balls thrown behind and a couple outside the hash marks that float a little high, but overall he looks pretty good in the majority of the videos we are getting around here.
I’ve mentioned this before, but Lance needs more snaps with the 1s.

Dallas needs to know if he can be comfortable running the 1 team, and not the 2 or 3s.

This could be because of internal politics.

How much pressure is Jerry putting on Mike to get Lance more quality snaps?

Is Mike resisting?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All you do..all your replies to me, are accusations of hating and bashing Dak. Or some other form of personal insults.

Then you say "I never said you didn't give him credit".

No...you never ever said I give him credit....you are right about that part. EVER!

And your games are not worth any further reply.
Stop replying to them genius. I tell you this nearly everyday you and 5star and you guys keep doing it. It just doesn’t make any sense lol.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Dallas needs to know if he can be comfortable running the 1 team, and not the 2 or 3s.

Is Mike resisting?
That's one of the issues with having a HC on an expiring contract. Does anyone really think he cares that much about the development of Trey Lance or anyone else past this season? To some extent I'm sure he does, but the priority in that mans mind is going to be on what he can do the most with this season to either save his job or put him in position for another job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Is Mike resisting?
That’s what happens when your head coach is coaching for his career…he has no incentive to develop young players.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

Is Mike resisting?
They absolutely do not need to know that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That's one of the issues with having a HC on an expiring contract. Does anyone really think he cares that much about the development of Trey Lance or anyone else past this season? To some extent I'm sure he does, but the priority in that mans mind is going to be on what he can do the most with this season to either save his job or put him in position for another job.
That’s what happens when your head coach is coaching for his career…he has no incentive to develop young players.
No, it is what happens when you have a football team trying to win games.

No team in their right mind is going to waste practice reps on their backup QB if they are trying to win this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

No team in their right mind is going to waste practice reps on their backup QB if they are trying to win this season.
Wasn’t aware they were trying to win based on the offseason they’ve had.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stop replying to them genius. I tell you this nearly everyday you and 5star and you guys keep doing it. It just doesn’t make any sense lol.
lmao...I see you did not take my advice about the ignore, instead you suffer the fool over him and me. No lol.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

On game week I 100% agree. For the initial installs I 100% agree. No reason at all that a 9 year veteran carrying over the same OC needs to take 100% of the snaps at this point in camp. Plenty of snaps to get different guys some work with the 1st team if they wanted to. Could be a reason why he isn't getting more looks with the 1s, and it could very well be that they dont believe he is ready to face the defensive 1s, and wont give hose guys a quality look.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
On game week I 100% agree. For the initial installs I 100% agree. No reason at all that a 9 year veteran carrying over the same OC needs to take 100% of the snaps at this point in camp. Plenty of snaps to get different guys some work with the 1st team if they wanted to. Could be a reason why he isn't getting more looks with the 1s, and it could very well be that they dont believe he is ready to face the defensive 1s, and wont give hose guys a quality look.
The point is that you don't force Lance into reps because you want to learn about him.

He gets reps when Dak doesn't want/need them, but you don't make it a point of emphasis. If Dak feels the need to take 100% of reps with the ones, then that's what it is. Same as every other team with a certain starter.

Chasing6

Reaction score
OTA's far different than TC.
MM himself said Trey was mastering the system.
I will take his word over the media and fans eye test. As they do not know what is being asked of him or any of the players.

Yes, we will see in PS games. Then even those pro and con comments will be made by fans depending if they like or do not like him. As to, vanilla, scrubs, etc.
I just want to see how he looks, then see how he improves in the next PS game as well.

For now I will go by what the videos show.
Mastering on paper or with no defense is meaningless.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lmao...I see you did not take my advice about the ignore, instead you suffer the fool over him and me. No lol.
I laugh at you too bosom buddies…I tell y'all to ignore me because yall keep falling in this “rabbit hole”….instead y’all keep doing it. :laugh: