OC Schottenheimer update on Trey Lance

NotForLong

Reaction score
I never said you didn’t give him credit why do you keep saying that?

You said let’s act like men and then act like a child by repeating exact what I just said and getting upset that AC liked a post of mine. This is crazy. Don’t worry about. Just keep doing what your doing.
Deflection and Projection

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah people seem to be running with whatever Lance narrative they want right now. I’ve heard both good and bad reports on him from people at camp, and we have video of him making both horrible and really nice plays.

He’s the main reason I’ll actually be glued to the screen for preseason games this year. Idk if he will be a preseason hero or disaster but I have a feeling it’ll be fun to watch either way.
Dallas needs Lance to succeed.

I know Dak has fans/haters on here. I’ve given up on him ever winning in the playoffs.

But they need to have Daks replacement ready to go asap.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

I know Dak has fans/haters on here. I’ve given up on him ever winning in the playoffs.

As someone who thinks Dak is going to test free agency next year I would agree that it would be nice to see Lance succeed.

With that said though the free agent qb list next year is interesting. I actually think this team could be OK with a bridge like jameis winston for a year at a low salary if they had extra cash to shore up the run game. Not saying they would be guaranteed Super Bowl winners but I think this team would still be good enough to win 10 games and not take a step back.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes. Because the next day Lance was traded to Dallas.

They wouldn’t name Lance QB2 and then trade him the next day.

Btw, they ended up losing the Super Bowl.

#karma

There’s tons of video on Lance.

Fans can decide for themselves about Lance.

From watch I’ve watched, he’s done a good job. I think he needs more reps with the 1s.
Trance is garbage. He has zero experience. You don't get that from preseason games. Regardless of his potential, he will never reach it by watching others play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes. Because the next day Lance was traded to Dallas.

They wouldn’t name Lance QB2 and then trade him the next day.

Btw, they ended up losing the Super Bowl.

#karma

There’s tons of video on Lance.

Fans can decide for themselves about Lance.

From watch I’ve watched, he’s done a good job. I think he needs more reps with the 1s.
He was never going to be QB2 in San Francisco, which is why they traded him. The video on Lance isn’t very good which is why everyone who’s been watching him in training camp that’s weighed in thinks Cooper Rush will remain the backup.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He came in third in a QB competition last summer in San Francisco. He’s been with the Cowboys a full year and still doesn’t look good. I’m not sure he could beat anyone out. This has to be unsettling news for the fans who predicted he would be our next starter. :rolleyes: There’s some fools on this board that would start him no matter how bad he sucks. lol
I'm curious, KJJ, who are these "fools" you are talking about?
The biggest fool in Broaddus. And too bad many fans follow what he spews out. All indications is that Trey has improved from day to day.
If Broaddus said the same thing about Dak. They would say Broaddus is a fool. But when he says it against Trey, they love him.

Look at all the videos that @DuncanIso has been posting. Trey has been doing well.
They ignore those but believe a failed scout.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I guess you selectively missed all the other nice throws.
I don’t watch all the video on him. I’ve just been listening to those in the media who’ve been watching him every day in practice. It’s been unanimous that he hasn’t looked very impressive. You’ll hear where he’s had a better day than the previous one, but overall he hasn’t looked promising at least according to those who’ve been attending practice. Some feel that he might be better in games than in practice. We’ll see how he performs in preseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The biggest fool in Broaddus. And too bad many fans follow what he spews out. All indications is that Trey has improved from day to day.
If Broaddus said the same thing about Dak. They would say Broaddus is a fool. But when he says it against Trey, they love him.

Look at all the videos that @DuncanIso has been posting. Trey has been doing well.
They ignore those but believe a failed scout.
It hasn’t just been Broaddus that hasn’t been impressed with Lance. A video was posted with someone in the media who follows the team that claimed Lance doesn’t even look like an NFL QB. Nick Eatman said Lance didn’t look very good in OTA’s and that he thought Cooper Rush would remain the backup. So far, I haven’t heard anyone who follows the Cowboys say they think Lance will end up our backup. It’s funny how everyone in the media gets criticized by fans when their views don’t fit what they want to hear.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This mentality is a mental sickness in our society. Everywhere you go mental midgets try to impose their wills into discourse. They are dishonest and go in circles in their discussions. All the while claiming that they are righteous and honest

It blows my mind, but yet here we are. The Dak debate is just a microcosm of the society at large. Which is why there seems to be no hope
I've told you before, it is gaslighting and rabbit holing, and this one has it mastered.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which part of that post how can it be deflection with I responded to him lol.
All you do..all your replies to me, are accusations of hating and bashing Dak. Or some other form of personal insults.

Then you say "I never said you didn't give him credit".

No...you never ever said I give him credit....you are right about that part. EVER!

And your games are not worth any further reply.

Chasing6

Reaction score

It's not Trance.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It hasn’t just been Broaddus that hasn’t been impressed with Lance. A video was posted with someone in the media who follows the team that claimed Lance doesn’t even look like an NFL QB. Nick Eatman said Lance didn’t look very good in OTA’s and that he thought Cooper Rush would remain the backup. So far, I haven’t heard anyone who follows the Cowboys say they think Lance will end up our backup. It’s funny how everyone in the media gets criticized by fans when their views don’t fit what they want to hear.
OTA's far different than TC.
MM himself said Trey was mastering the system.
I will take his word over the media and fans eye test. As they do not know what is being asked of him or any of the players.

Yes, we will see in PS games. Then even those pro and con comments will be made by fans depending if they like or do not like him. As to, vanilla, scrubs, etc.
I just want to see how he looks, then see how he improves in the next PS game as well.

For now I will go by what the videos show.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OTA's far different than TC.
MM himself said Trey was mastering the system.
I will take his word over the media and fans eye test. As they do not know what is being asked of him or any of the players.

Yes, we will see in PS games. Then even those pro and con comments will be made by fans depending if they like or do not like him. As to, vanilla, scrubs, etc.
I just want to see how he looks, then see how he improves in the next PS game as well.

For now I will go by what the videos show.
What else is McCarthy going say? Mastering the system and performing well in camp are two different things. A lot of fans are getting upset by the negative reviews on Lance and are scoffing at the training camp reports. Those end up being pretty accurate, especially when you’re hearing pretty much the same thing from everyone. We’ll see how he looks in preseason.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What else is McCarthy going say? Mastering the system and performing well in camp are two different things. A lot of fans are getting upset by the negative reviews on Lance and are scoffing at the training camp reports. Those end up being pretty accurate, especially when you’re hearing pretty much the same thing from everyone. We’ll see how he looks in preseason.
That is just it. I am not hearing this stuff. I hear some opposite stuff. And see it from the videos.
Well, not hearing he is having a great camp, but certainly not horrible either. Watch the videos.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is just it. I am not hearing this stuff. I hear some opposite stuff. And see it from the videos.
Well, not hearing he is having a great camp, but certainly not horrible either. Watch the videos.
You might be hearing what you want to hear. No one has said he’s having a horrible camp, but that he hasn’t looked very impressive. I’ve been listening to all the podcasts and some of the campe reports and that’s what they’re saying. One of the media members Broaddus was with was echoing a lot of the criticisms he had of Lance. Everyone’s opinion can’t be wrong.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The idea that Lance isnt getting any good reviews and that it's all negative just isnt accurate. Lance is getting reviews all over the place, and by most reports he's been doing increasingly well as camp has gone on.

Here is one just from yesterday

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The idea that Lance isnt getting any good reviews and that it's all negative just isnt accurate. Lance is getting reviews all over the place, and by most reports he's been doing increasingly well as camp has gone on.

It hasn’t been all negative. There’s been a few positives here and there, but the consensus amongst the media that’s watched him in practice is he hasn’t looked very impressive. I haven’t heard anything in the past few days on him so maybe he has improved. As for the link you posted not sure how credible that guy is and I didn’t listen to the video with those two guys. Not sure if it had anything to do with Lance or not. I’ve been listening to those who are at training camp and have been watching him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks. Nice article. As says, what I said. He has improved.

The one thing the artifice got wrong, that Dak has yet to throw an INT in TC. He has thrown 4 or 5 from what I remember reading. If not more by now.