OC Schottenheimer update on Trey Lance

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I never said that see you argue just to argue without even understanding what’s said. CGJ and Kendricks are similar additions. I never said they weren’t. I’m gonna break this down as simple as possible.

Eagles went into this offseason and came out with CGJ, Barkley, Huff, White, etc. Cowboys came out with Zeke and Kendricks. These are not the same. And you know this which is why you keep ignoring it.
They are exactly the same because neither of them added anything that changes their status as contenders relative to the other top teams in the conference. How hard they try isn't my point and never has been lol

You think adding players for the sake of filling out a roster means something. It doesn't.

Are the Eagles more likely to win the Super Bowl now than last year? No. Are the Lions, 49ers, Rams, Packers more likely to win now than last year? No.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They are exactly the same because neither of them added anything that changes their status as contenders relative to the other top teams in the conference. How hard they try isn't my point and never has been lol

You think adding players for the sake of filling out a roster means something. It doesn't.

Are the Eagles more likely to win the Super Bowl now than last year? No. Are the Lions, 49ers, Rams, Packers more likely to win now than last year? No.
They fixed weaknesses and improved personnel.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
72.0 QBR

Needs to add some big plays next game.

There is no scenario in which 4.6 ypa is playing well, even with a couple of drops. That's almost a full yard worse than Bryce Young last year.

The best thing you can say about Lance is that he didn't screw anything up...which is a pretty low bar.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well they did more than Dallas there’s that.
Again...so? Adding bodies doesn't mean actually getting better. Their activity is as much a product of filling holes caused by contracts expiring simultaneously - and the lack of extending productive players - as it is an effort to actually improve the football team. They just had a lot of holes to fill. Saquon is better than Swift, sure, but every other position on the roster has made lateral adjustments, at best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again...so? Adding bodies doesn't mean actually getting better. Their activity is as much a product of filling holes caused by contracts expiring simultaneously - and the lack of extending productive players - as it is an effort to actually improve the football team. They just had a lot of holes to fill. Saquon is better than Swift, sure, but every other position on the roster has made lateral adjustments, at best.
Just because you don’t think they got better doesn’t make it factual.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There is no scenario in which 4.6 ypa is playing well, even with a couple of drops. That's almost a full yard worse than Bryce Young last year.

The best thing you can say about Lance is that he didn't screw anything up...which is a pretty low bar.
Agree.

They need to let him air out the football more.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Just because you don’t think they got better doesn’t make it factual.
No, but you have absolutely 0 facts on your side. Please, feel free to tell me what "facts" make Philly better, even on paper.

I can tell you that they are worse at C because they lost a HoF player who had a 75% Runblock win rate and 96% passblock win rate. Saquon can't singlehandedly elevate a running game (ypc <4 and success rate of 40% last year), plus has been banged up. Devin White got benched last year and is terrible against the run (per PFF). CGJ is on his fourth team in 4 years and is pretty much league average in completion % allowed (62.5% last year). Huff has never been a full-time edge (played fewer than 50% of snaps), has a low double-team rate that he, presumably, won't get this year, and is replacing a bonafide edge rusher. What about the facts suggest any sort of real improvement?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Shottenheimer is a destroyer of offenses so I discount what he says.

Lance is raw. Not his fault at all. His chances to be a good QB are low but not impossible.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Shottenheimer is a destroyer of offenses so I discount what he says.

Lance is raw. Not his fault at all. His chances to be a good QB are low but not impossible.
So…you’re saying there’s a chance?

Iago33

Reaction score
When is Jerry going to recognize that it is him, that is the problem???

Pretty sure GM Jethro new Dak's contract expired this year. Or maybe he forgot, just like how much we had available in our salary cap.

How many GM's keep a job without having a plan for the QB position? How many teams have no one under contract in any position(minus special teams), never mind the QB position, heading into the following season. Especially when you have no cap space to sign one or while anticipate a low draft pick.

Could there be a worse scenario to be in? Get used to Russel Wilson coming to Dallas.
It is a terrible situation to be in and it’s due to mismanagement by Jerry. No argument there.

jsb357

Reaction score
Is this the same OC who's offense was a no show in the playoffs?

"I know he's got the job but can he do the job"

:huh: