OC Schottenheimer update on Trey Lance

basel90

Reaction score

In other words, he is not worth the 4th round pick Jerry spent on him , but hey , since he is here we will probably keep giving him chances until next year. A bust is a bust. A 3rd pick overall that the niners shipped out so easily . The niners have a coach who knows a good QB when he sees one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Correct. You knew I was right 20 posts ago.

You're holding teams to a different standard than Dallas, of course you can't go back and forth.
You sat here and said Barkley sucks. I bring up Gardner Johnson you ignore it. It’s pointless. I can’t go back and forth with someone either too dishonest or too prideful to the point they can’t see how Barkley and Gardner Johnson are attempts at making your roster better.

I knew I should’ve stopped when you tried to argue 49ers and Cowboys having the same offseason was a good thing.

You just argumentative. Never seen you agree with anyone or like a post. Just argue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In other words, he is not worth the 4th round pick Jerry spent on him , but hey , since he is here we will probably keep giving him chances until next year. A bust is a bust. A 3rd pick overall that the niners shipped out so easily . The niners have a coach who knows a good QB when he sees one.
Mike knows good qbs too but like we know he didn’t even know we were trading for Lance.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You sat here and said Barkley sucks. I bring up Gardner Johnson you ignore it. It’s pointless. I can’t go back and forth with someone either too dishonest or too prideful to the point they can’t see how Barkley and Gardner Johnson are attempts at making your roster better.

I knew I should’ve stopped when you tried to argue 49ers and Cowboys having the same offseason was a good thing.

You just argumentative. Never seen you agree with anyone or like a post. Just argue.
No I didn't, I said CGJ does. Doesn't matter if they are "attempts." CGJ is no different than signing Kendricks.

Didn't say it was a good thing.

I mean it's going to be a long argument if you constantly misquote

"I agree" posts are pointless.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I honestly think Jerry realized neither McCarthy nor Dak can get us over the hump but he couldn’t get away from Dak’s contract this year and was too cheap to fire McCarthy before he got rid of Dak. Maybe I’m wrong
When is Jerry going to recognize that it is him, that is the problem???

Pretty sure GM Jethro new Dak's contract expired this year. Or maybe he forgot, just like how much we had available in our salary cap.

How many GM's keep a job without having a plan for the QB position? How many teams have no one under contract in any position(minus special teams), never mind the QB position, heading into the following season. Especially when you have no cap space to sign one or while anticipate a low draft pick.

Could there be a worse scenario to be in? Get used to Russel Wilson coming to Dallas.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This game was about Lance. Everyone else took a back seat.

The Cowboys have to get the depth chart behind Dak figured out in preseason.
They already know what the depth chart is.

Rush will play in meaningful games or in the short term and Lance will play if Dak is out for an extended period or if Dallas is eliminated from the playoffs.

basel90

Reaction score
This game was about Lance. Everyone else took a back seat.

The Cowboys have to get the depth chart behind Dak figured out in preseason.
Lance cannot beat rush for the #2 spot. Which means the 4th rounder for Lance was a waster. Heck the cowboys could have gone for baker mayfield before last year and he would have probably outplayed dak for quarter the cost. The FO is the problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No I didn't, I said CGJ does. Doesn't matter if they are "attempts." CGJ is no different than signing Kendricks.

Didn't say it was a good thing.

I mean it's going to be a long argument if you constantly misquote

"I agree" posts are pointless.
Arguing 100 percent is pointless.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So you didn’t make the point the Cowboys had similar off seasons to other NFC contenders?
I did, and they did.

You think signing Saquon and CGJ (lol) disproves that. Your entire argument is that CGJ is a significantly better signing than Kendricks (lol) and that Saquon is so much of an upgrade to Swift, relative to the downgrade at Center, that the Eagles have had an offseason that completely changes their direction and makes them a greater contender than last year. That line of thinking is a) wrong and b) too narrow of a scope anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I did, and they did.

You think signing Saquon and CGJ (lol) disproves that. Your entire argument is that CGJ is a significantly better signing than Kendricks (lol) and that Saquon is so much of an upgrade to Swift, relative to the downgrade at Center, that the Eagles have had an offseason that completely changes their direction and makes them a greater contender than last year. That line of thinking is a) wrong and b) too narrow of a scope anyway.
I never said that see you argue just to argue without even understanding what’s said. CGJ and Kendricks are similar additions. I never said they weren’t. I’m gonna break this down as simple as possible.

Eagles went into this offseason and came out with CGJ, Barkley, Huff, White, etc. Cowboys came out with Zeke and Kendricks. These are not the same. And you know this which is why you keep ignoring it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Mike knows good qbs too but like we know he didn’t even know we were trading for Lance.
Truth.

There was chatter about this.

Big Mike is facing pressure to win.

Jerry and sons want Lance to develop.

How much pressure is big Mike getting from Jerry?

#MoneyBall