Ochoa's latest update on Dak/CeeDee contracts

glimmerman

Reaction score
Would prefer to have Daks contract done before the season starts. Last contract they were close and had a hand shake deal before the fins game. After we beat fins Daks agent pulled out of the deal and made for hard feelings with JJ. And I don’t blame JJ. I am old school and a hand shake is as good as a signature. I knew then that this contract negotiations would be different. JJ don’t trust this agent and I don’t care for him either. IMO agents make for harder deals to get done. They want there 6% and don’t care about the team. These players have to take more control if they want a team friendly deal but the agents give them someone to hide behind. Money is king apparently.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Would prefer to have Daks contract done before the season starts. Last contract they were close and had a hand shake deal before the fins game. After we beat fins Daks agent pulled out of the deal and made for hard feelings with JJ. And I don’t blame JJ. I am old school and a hand shake is as good as a signature. I knew then that this contract negotiations would be different. JJ don’t trust this agent and I don’t care for him either. IMO agents make for harder deals to get done. They want there 6% and don’t care about the team. These players have to take more control if they want a team friendly deal but the agents give them someone to hide behind. Money is king apparently.
Agents can and do collude with other agents to drive the cost up....DAK has opening stated he is trying to drive the QB Market up. Rumor has it the NFL wants to address Agent collusion as part of the next NFL-CBA

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
CeeDee is already costing himself millions and if he doesn't show up, he will be costing himself game checks. It will do him no good. He is under contract for this whole season and will be franchised tagged for another year and maybe two. Jerry has leverage over CeeDee that he doesn't over Dak. Dak is as good as gone next March.
Not really. Jerry knows he will lose the team and have losing seasons for the next several years if Dak is not around. Jerry knows who has carried this team in recent years. He's simply playing hardball with a new contract extension, which he should, since Dak is being super greedy and trying to take him to the cleaners.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am pessimistic that they will get Lamb and Dak done before week 1. It also ticks me off a bit. This should have been done already.
I don't believe any of it.

CD is asking for too much when he has no leverage. No reason for Jerry to cave.

Dak has too much leverage, no reason for him to sign and not test FA.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Both will be resigned. I’m guessing Lamb gets signed first because he is holding out while under contract.
Dak knows his importance, so he’s going to play, hasn’t missed a day. We have until next March to resign him, but I’m guessing it happens during the season.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The way they do business is why we're coming up on 30 years. You know you're going to sign him. Get the damn deal done and move on,.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Both will be resigned. I’m guessing Lamb gets signed first because he is holding out while under contract.
Dak knows his importance, so he’s going to play, hasn’t missed a day. We have until next March to resign him, but I’m guessing it happens during the season.
It would not surprise me if they both were signed just days apart. Signing Dak immediately frees up cap space to get CeeDee done.......though I'm sure they can get it done w/o Dak.

LittleD

Reaction score
The player AND the team loses, that is why no one likes the franchise tag. If the wanted to tag him, they would have done it already. They are using it as a LAST resort.
They will franchise him just like they did two other recent players...remember.

LittleD

Reaction score
They have nobody of importance behind CeeDee. He is our offense. And when's the last time a player lost going against the Cowboys management. If CeeDee wasn't willing to lose game checks then he shouldn't have held out because he only gains leverage when the season starts. Nobody cares if he misses the preseason
Remember a certain no. 1 running back and their no. 1 tight end. Jerry will use the tag in a heartbeat to keep a player.

LittleD

Reaction score
He has been fined 3.8 million dollars so far. The NFL controls the fines for players now, not the teams so he will be paying his fine. They don't allow teams to forgive fines anymore based on the CBA. Although there is some exception for rookie contract players so he might not pay all of it, but at least some of it. One the regular season starts that goes to a million a week for him. I think that if he doesn't report by week 7, then then this year doesn't count. he is really costing himself. If he sits out a year, not many teams are willing to give up top money for a WR who sat out, so the best he would get would be a prove it contract. Personally I would give him a fair contract offer and just wait it out. I wouldn't sign Dak because its obvious Dak is only about Dak. He wants the money, that's all. I would roll with whatever we have next year, sign Parson's and get a good rookie QB.
Not really...there is a provision in the CBA that allows the team to forgive the fines on a player in his first contract.