Odd WR out

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say it is a mistake, Dallas is not going to get rid of both starting WR that would be stupid. Every team is not making a mistake, they know damn well when they sign these players to big contracts that these deals will be restructured. Of course you will lose some but you will not give up every key player.

Like I said, we’ll see when the time comes. I think two of the top three receivers are gone. You can feel free to disagree with me.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I am of the belief that two of the three receivers are gone after this year - both Cooper and Gallup. And that belief is due to the fact that the Cowboys are projected to be $20 million over next year’s cap (yes, even with the rise to $208 million).

I think that is precisely why the team drafted Fehoko and have signed an unusually high number of free agents. They are trying to plan for this future.

Dropping both Cooper and Gallup is an option opened up by drafting Lamb, but unless Cooper has serious injury problems and can't produce, I don't see it happening.

Cooper makes the offense go. The cap is ballooning. They can restructure and push his money into the future. He only has 6mil of dead cap overhang going into 2022.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
now we’re going to ride that “Dak friendly” train like we have a Super Bowl caliber group that just never actually won anything! Players have become interchangeable and at no point after paying anyone top dollar has it ended well for this team! They really just don’t do a good enough job during the 4 year cycle and these contracts are the result.

That’s been the case long before they paid Dak.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dropping both Cooper and Gallup is an option opened up by drafting Lamb, but unless Cooper has serious injury problems and can't produce, I don't see it happening.

Cooper makes the offense go. The cap is ballooning. They can restructure and push his money into the future. He only has 6mil of dead cap overhang going into 2022.

And as I’ve said numerous times, they’re $20 million over next year’s cap and have to find a way to get under it. Getting out from Cooper’s deal is one of their few, best options.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Skippy let's agree to disagree. But when you take the posture someone is wrong and can't prove a word you say, you've taken the wrong step.
That's all I read of your post. That's all I will read of it.
I have said YOUR CHOICE every post. And yet you persist is playing this fools game in attempting to convince us you have some wonderful insight that the NFL doesn't know.

We're done. I won't block you, but I won't respond to childish ignorance from this point forward.

but i did prove it. I used real life examples of how Cooper changed the dynamic of this team and you are too worried about how i worded what i said with no real thought behind why you disagree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Remember when there was no cap? Then "they" decided to be competitive they had to level the playing field for the "poor" teams.
Eventually the same "poor" teams are going to realize they are still "poor" and can't afford the marquee players to make bank.
"They" will claim its "for the good of the league."

Like everything else "they" have done, once the fixing starts, it never stops. Its like when "they" started fixing the rules. Now every year "they" find more rules that need fixing.

Its just a matter of time before "they" do it.
Let's be real here. The poor teams don't care if they lose as long as they are making money.

These owners put money before winning a Super Bowl.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Let's be real here. The poor teams don't care if they lose as long as they are making money.

These owners put money before winning a Super Bowl.

I agree with the owners are only in it for the money.
Its coming though. And the players are driving it by leaving teams for teams that will/can pay what they want.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, that is solely about Gallup and this addresses all 3.
um reason the thread all 3 are talked about the entire title and replies are the same..lmao good try , needed your very own post to feed the ego,..got it..:muttley::omg:

plasticman

Reaction score
I can see both Gallup and Cooper gone. Gallup's price is going to be inflated in free agency and Cooper is going to be a cap casualty.

The Cowboys won't be able to afford either, particularly since I suspect a huge contract for Lamb a few seasons from now. They will most likely be replaced by draft picks from this season and next. The Cowboys have to get their talent cheap and will rely on the draft to replace expensive players.

Unless the player is a young elite All Pro, the Cowboys will stay away from any more huge contracts.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And as I’ve said numerous times, they’re $20 million over next year’s cap and have to find a way to get under it. Getting out from Cooper’s deal is one of their few, best options.

Besides Dak, Cooper is our most valuable skill player. Top 5 player on the team. Getting rid of our best players is not a great option.

Better option. Dump Jaylon for a 9.2mil saving on his salary next year.

Shane612

Reaction score
Best thing would be that Lamb becomes the #1 receiver. I think he has the most talent, but we all know that that doesn't mean he'll be the best player.
Between Cooper and Gallup, I say Gallup is better suited for the #2 spot, but not because Gallup is the better player. I just think Cooper would throw a hissy-fit if he was perceived as anything lower than the 1 spot, and may become trouble in the locker room.
Jimmy Johnson said competition makes everyone better.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Besides Dak, Cooper is our most valuable skill player. Top 5 player on the team. Getting rid of our best players is not a great option.

Better option. Dump Jaylon for a 9.2mil saving on his salary next year.

It’s not either/or, it’s both.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup's value will be the same situation as Golladay's, it's all about what else is available in FA that sets the price most of the time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
um reason the thread all 3 are talked about the entire title and replies are the same..lmao good try , needed your very own post to feed the ego,..got it..:muttley::omg:
Oh ouch, I was already feeling low and now you've made me feel worse.

Last edited: