Twitter: Odds for Dak's 2021 week one team

Big_D

Reaction score
Some of those I can see, but not WAS, MIA, HOU, NYJ, CIN, LAC, MIN or BUF. Not realistic destinations.

J12B

Reaction score
No way he ends up in Minnesota.

Colts and Steelers seem very possible.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Damn...that's quite a list. Certainly more teams than some fans/media would have you believe.

Whats great is no one has a clue what his contract demands are.

Jerry Jones, a notorious overpayer and softee when it comes to his pets, and Prescott is certainly on that list....wont pay what he is asking, but all these other teams WILL, and Jerry is gonna just send him off for nothing next year.

All of this is absurd.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How bad would he have to be for Dallas to not keep him for another year at 37M?

Still failing to see why everyone figures he is done here.

Interesting .......lets say they offer the same last min deal with $50M signing bonus next year and $37M per. Hell, that's $81M hard $$$$ he pocket for 2 years. LOL.....not bad, at all.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guessing of getting 2 first-round picks shouldn't be a problem. I pray it'll never come to that but realistically you think all options are on the table until otherwise.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Agreed.

the only way he isn’t the QB in 2021 is if he is traded. A trade could be possible though. I could see it happening.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

1. 5 years vs 4 years. Now fast-forward to next offseason in 2021. We are at the same place. Dak will want a 3 year deal and Cowboys will want 5.

2. If Dak performs well this season, his numbers go way up. He will once again be asking for an amount the Cowboys arent willing to pay

3. Read his brother’s tweet

4. If Dak underperforms this season, the Cowboys DEFINITELY wont be willing to pay what he wants

5. The Cowboys cant afford Dak on the tag in 2021 without restructuring multiple contracts

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
1. 5 years vs 4 years. Now fast-forward to next offseason in 2021. We are at the same place. Dak will want a 3 year deal and Cowboys will want 5.

2. If Dak performs well this season, his numbers go way up. He will once again be asking for an amount the Cowboys arent willing to pay

4. If Dak underperforms this season, the Cowboys DEFINITELY wont be willing to pay what he wants

5. The Cowboys cant afford Dak on the tag in 2021 without restructuring multiple contracts

Outside of the franchise tag can we use any other tags? I’m not familiar with all the tag process stuff.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The list is pretty big because it is literally just guessing. No way to know what will happen between now and then. The Vikings actually got pretty good QB play in 2017, but still decided to go with Cousins. A team that may not make any sense now, could be a player by the end of the season.
And of course we have to see what Dak actually does because there’s definitely going to be some regression for him statistically.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

All legit points ........ we're either going pay him a boatload of money or he won't be here. Just me, I think he'll ask for a trade before playing on 2nd tag. Keep in mind, a second tag would mean they again fail to reach a long-term deal ( before the draft).

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Anyone know where Dak and his family are from?

Wonder if playing for whatever team that is closest to home for him is of any interest?