Odds Maker: Dallas is going to get Slaughtered

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Honest answer - the Rams run the same offensive philosophy as the Dallas Cowboys, but with a much better passing and scoring offense. They have a better turnover differential (their defense takes away the ball a LOT and they don't give it up, even less than the Cowboys). They score more points, and they do so safely.

In other words - offensively, the Rams have the same novocaine approach as the Cowboys, but with better dimensionality (passing game) and come away with more points without giving it away anymore.

Kind of how the Cowboys beat the Seahawks by playing the same game plan better, the rams are expected to do the same.

Wild card is that the Cowboys play a stingy defense, so if they can keep the Rams scoring down, they hold on to possibility.

43% chance of rain. Pray for it.

Rain helps us.

Should help to neutralize the passing game for both teams. Dak has monster hands compared to Goff. Our run defense is better than theirs.

Each of those is an advantage for us in the rain.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t get how they are coming up with the Rams being favored by 7.

The matchups favor us enough that even if you really liked the Rams I would think it would be no more then 3.5.

If we show up and run all over them then they don’t have a very good chance of beating us.

Also, how can they trust Goff against our pass rush?

Rams won more games than us. They're rested. It's reasonable to consider the Rams a few points better, then add 3 for home field advantage.

7 seems reasonable to me.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
They could be favored by 30 for all i care they still have to play the game !

Xeven

Reaction score
I think Dallas can win this one if...they don't cookie cutter plays. We will need to take some risks on offence. Rams will win if they get 30. I think with some luck we can hold them around 20 and we can win. I expect them to copy the Colts plan pretty closely. Hope we prepare for that.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
If they let Gurley and Anderson run on them yes. Their run game is pretty scary.

mardwin

Reaction score
The games usually end up having nothing to do with Dak.

We keep winning even with the few plays he offers us.

He’s got a lot of flaws but our run game and defense usually overcome and sometimes he steps up and makes plays.

The QB position is there to make plays not to be a liability. When the running game is not going well the passing game should be there to compensate. However, you only see short and inconsistent passing from Dak. The two games that come to mind are against the Panthers and against the Colts, both teams contained Zeke and forced Dak to beat them and that will be the formula the Rams will use.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Somebody is stuck in the early part of the season, we have Grown since...

GMO415

Reaction score
The home teams were favored last week and 3 of 4 lost. Calculating odds is based on everything continuing as it has been.

There is a lot that can happen in games regardless of the psychic predictions. For example, what happens if Goff gets injured on the first play? Or Gurley re-injuries his knee?

Right now, I can see the Cowboys losing or winning, but as a fan, I really am not stressed about it. I am enjoying the journey and will do so until it stops regardless of what everyone says.
Ride or Die Cowboys

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is me, and, it's kind of odd. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am super pumped and I want our Boys to win more than ever, but I'm not feeling overly stressed about it like I normally do. I'm sure over the years my expectation levels have been lowered by our lack of success, but at the same time. I've always held my favorite teams to a high standard. Something just feels different this year. I just hope it's a good different.

Make no mistake about it though, I will be PUMPED if we win. :laugh:
That's it exactly! I'm hopeful and optimistic but I won't be surprised either way. For now, I'm really just enjoying the ride and glad it's lasted another week. Hopefully, I will be saying the same thing next week as well :D

DallasInDC

Reaction score
This season, my expectations are already exceeded, I'm just enjoying it. The only thing that could ruin it would be a close loss rested at the feet of a bad coaching decision or ref interference.

Or a missed game winning FG that double clankes off of the goal post

Verdict

Reaction score
Honest answer - the Rams run the same offensive philosophy as the Dallas Cowboys, but with a much better passing and scoring offense. They have a better turnover differential (their defense takes away the ball a LOT and they don't give it up, even less than the Cowboys). They score more points, and they do so safely.

In other words - offensively, the Rams have the same novocaine approach as the Cowboys, but with better dimensionality (passing game) and come away with more points without giving it away anymore.

Kind of how the Cowboys beat the Seahawks by playing the same game plan better, the rams are expected to do the same.

Wild card is that the Cowboys play a stingy defense, so if they can keep the Rams scoring down, they hold on to possibility.

They also play a much weaker schedule. They lost to New Orleans, we throttled Seattle. We are getting better as we go. The Rams are regressing some.

I like our chances. Wish I could bet the Cowboys without the points straight up.