Off-season. Dak for Rodgers or Wilson?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If both those players say they want out would either of those teams be willing/dumb enough to take dak? Hypothetically asking for a friend.
No NFL team would trade for Prescott even if his contract was -50%.
The only place he is considered a stud is here and the paid media run by agents and owners.
We're stuck with Gimpo and our only hope is management gets fed up with his inept showings and benches him for another QB.

RS12

Reaction score
Lets set all the obvious issues aside: I am not a gambling man but I see less than a zero percent chance Aaron Rodgers does a redu with a coach he called a moron.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd definitely rather have Rodgers but on what planet will that ever happen? So since that will never happen, enjoy your QB that's already here.

plasticman

Reaction score
Winning with another team's hand-me-down QB would not feel as rewarding. I could see it if Dak went down with an injury and a veteran backup rose to the occasion like Nick Foles did for the Eagles that year.

Adreme

Reaction score
We can play a game real quick. As of right now the Cowboys are 12 million dollars over the cap for next year. Assuming they cut Cooper that will put them 4 million under the cap (giving them enough to sign draft picks). Now if you were to trade Dak, which would presumably happen before June 1, you would have an extra 23.5 million in dead money to deal with (basically giving a grand total of 58 million in dead money cap hit next season or almost 30% of the cap) which would put you about 20 million over the cap. There is no way to get around that number with creative cap numbers. To get that 20 million back you would have to cut DLaw, Tyron, Jarwin, Greg, and Brown (in addition to Cooper) which when taking in all 5 is an additional 40 million in dead money bringing the grand total to 98 million in dead money. Now if you were determined to go this route you would of course designate DLaw the post june-1 cut and make next years dead money hit 88 million (or over 40% of the cap).

You do ALL of that you could afford to trade Dak but there is one more problem... Rodgers wont play for free and you have 4 million in cap space. I am not even sure there are enough cuts to even pull off some creative signing bonus, but you would REALLY not want to see what that looks like

BobSacamano

Reaction score
well-waiting.gif
Risen is the smirking doofus wearing the red ball cap in the background.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Trust me: during the divisional round game, you'll see the best Dak has to offer.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Let's see, we want Dak gone because he's not good enough, but teams will trade a SB winning quarterback for him?

Yeah, sure.

:huh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak is our QB. He struggling as has every great QB. He’ll get it together soon.

I like Dak. He's got all of the intangibles you want in a QB. But he's not a "great" QB. He's a good QB being paid like a great one.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Well since we are dreaming. Both. They can alternate starts.