Off-season Needs by priority

kumizi

Reaction score
We need help at every single level on defense. Take the best defensive player available with each pick. No need to prioritize S/CB/DT/LB imo.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
elite defenses are built up the middle with DL, MLB, and great safety play. Until we learn this and act accordingly we won’t have a great defense
I get that, but due to numbers they have to add multiple corners.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We need help at every single level on defense. Take the best defensive player available with each pick. No need to prioritize S/CB/DT/LB imo.

Pretty much...assuming we sign Dak and the O gets healthy I think the O is elite next year.

If we can hit on a few dudes in FA and the draft we just need the defense to be average next year. Good thing is they’ve been showing signs of life recently so maybe they’re starting to understand the scheme.

visionary

Reaction score
I get that, but due to numbers they have to add multiple corners.

We have 2 under contract
You resign Awuzie or Lewis
Draft one in Rds 2-4 based on value

Its not complicated if we have a plan

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We have 2 under contract
You resign Awuzie or Lewis
Draft one in Rds 2-4 based on value

Its not complicated if we have a plan
Neither have played well enough it give out an 2nd contract to. Team needs another starter, doesn't have to be in the 1st rd, but they got to address the need sometime in the top three rds.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If we assume we sign Dak, the needs IMO in order are

1. DT difference maker
2. Top end safety
3. Top end TE
4. Starting LB
5. OL

If we are drafting top 3 then I’m not in favor of trading down

either take QB or take the franchise LT
The CBs showed today they are the biggest problem on the defense. TE is fine. One safety spot is solidified with Wilson. X Woods needs to go ASAP.

We’d all love a beast at DT but there’s not a blue chip prospect in this draft. Gallimore and A Woods have been promising.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The CBs showed today they are the biggest problem on the defense. TE is fine. One safety spot is solidified with Wilson. X Woods needs to go ASAP.

We’d all love a beast at DT but there’s not a blue chip prospect in this draft. Gallimore and A Woods have been promising.

I wouldn’t let 1 good game from Wilson deter me from drafting a S.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I wouldn’t let 1 good game from Wilson deter me from drafting a S.
He’s been making plays going back to the Philadelphia game and was a vast improvement over Thompson before that.

I’d absolutely get a coverage safety that can catch to replace Woods. But Wilson lays them out and is being used accordingly.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Can you imagine Kyle Pitts in this offense? We’d have the next Travis Kelce.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Think this will all depend on our draft slot, we will see what direction we are trending too, much better after tomorrows game.
If we win on Turkey day, we will probably end up as a mid level pick (May even win this weak *** division). Which obviously means no Sewell. Who I don't see as a priority, but a best player available pick. And would absolutely love to have him.
Barring that playing out, Best CB available would be my first choice - and if we are a mid-round pick, at least the top 2-3 CB's will be gone. Safety may fit, DT or LBer.
Much better idea tomorrow if we are trending up or down.
Best case IMHO - Sewell, and all defense. BPA. Worst case IMHO - Best defensive player at our slot in each round, with maybe TE and OT thrown in somewhere.
Lots of picks to build around ...