Offense discussion

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Giants DB's are weak and yet there was again no seperation on 90% of the completions..the scheme is dated and trash.

75boyz

Reaction score
Go back to the beginning of last season for a moment if you will.

The offense was inconsistent and struggled until Lamb exploded and demanded the ball. It seemed like from that point on the offense figured out some things, including using motion and the offense gained more explosiveness.

Fast forward to now. Why does it seem like our WRs seem to constantly run hooks or curls with very little variation. No motion, just dull play calling.

It seems to me we ignored everything we learned offensively from last season and started at ground zero again.

Side note, kudos to Mazi and Overshown. Much better performance
Yep,
You're spot on. Kellen Moore used to receive the punchline criticisms here about how "everybody runs a curl/hook" route tree. lol

I saw the exact thing you mentioned here with the use of Lamb after the early season sit down with McFraud and like you said, it seemed after that game, we used lots of pre snap motion and even...
Wait for it...
I believe even a rub route or 2 to scheme guys open along with some bunch formations.

Like you, I am not sure where that part of the offense has disappeared to either.

Looks like a regression in scheme/playcalling.

And my gosh, don't even get me started on the run game, lol.

jmo

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes.

BrianS should be calling the plays.

worked at SeaHawks.
and why is it when players actually do make plays you dont see them for weeks after..where the hell is Turpin, we dont like a player that scores on almost every 6th touch?

Shane612

Reaction score
This is my biggest gripe. Our WRs currently are amongst the worst in separation created, but when they are running constant hooks and curls with ZERO motion, how much separation can you be expected to gain?
Remeber…. this is Dak friendly offense.

Shane612

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is the coaches believe Dak can only throw certain routes well. The short button hooks; the short drag; the little wheel route; and the “find the soft spot” at about 5-8 yards.
Anything further than 40 bomb is a no go.
Deep outs and deep ins are iffy, as are slants.
It takes legendary QBs like Elway, Marino, Bradshaw, Staubach, Montana and Aikman to make all those throws.