CFZ Offense with Dak is overrated

yentl911

Reaction score
Dak missed some opportunities but at the end of the day they put up 34 points. He is not the problem here guys come on.

BTW - I am not a Dak fan at all and would rather play with Rush and use Dak's cap money to get additional help on D.

yentl911

Reaction score
2 JAX defenders around Brown so that was a poor pass attempt
It is the NFL and is a game of inches. It was a good throw that hit Brown in the chest. These throws are part of the game and that is all on Brown. Not Dak.

Come on man.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It would have been a first down. Lay off the morphine and get well soon.

Sadly can't take morphine or anything good to help but thanks.

As I mentioned in your other thread, Brown never looked back to Dak until the last second and seem surprised the ball cam his way given Dak had defenders in his face and 2 defenders were around Brown.....one trailing and one crossing towards him. So did Brown short arm it based on worrying about getting popped? Perhaps as Lamb has done the same thing a few times. That said, a wider screen view from that angle would help to see if any other options were available.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sadly can't take morphine or anything good to help but thanks.

As I mentioned in your other thread, Brown never looked back to Dak until the last second and seem surprised the ball cam his way given Dak had defenders in his face and 2 defenders were around Brown.....one trailing and one crossing towards him. So did Brown short arm it based on worrying about getting popped? Perhaps as Lamb has done the same thing a few times. That said, a wider screen view from that angle would help to see if any other options were available.
Brown said it was his fault.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
The offense gives you 34 points(avg and #1 in the league) a game and the Defense gives up 503 yards and 34 points and yet you blame Dak and state that you would rather have Rush playing qb and only score 20 points a game.. lol.. Yeah ok.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
You fools blaming Dak are just that.
Don’t even bother - Dak haters are blinded by hatred-
I’m not a huge fan of Dak on the field (in person he is an incredible dude - truly helped my wife with his words and signature after she lost her sister to cancer and we met him at Frisco a few years back, but I digress)
Anyways, he has his warts on the field but that loss was no freaking way on him

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Brown said it was his fault.

Of course as he isn't about to throw someone (aka Dak or OC Moore) under the bus. That said I agree the defense has been porous since Dak came back so is it a mindset of "no big deal if we give up scores as Dak can lead the team to scores"? I don't know but with Rush at QB the defense knew they had had to step up and it showed in their performances but with Dak back something has changed with the defense and teams are exploiting them......which does not bode well in the playoffs seeing as how the teams exposing Dallas are not playoff caliber teams.

That said, Dak needs to stop pressing as his INT's are alarming and they need to get back to the formula that was working: run run run.

Ken

Reaction score
"first sign of adversity" lol Your first day? Let me introduce 27 years of "adversity".
Every year is a new opportunity.

I don't look at this as 27 years. I look at it from year to year.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
320507861_726203635731287_5873441700015054690_n.jpg

320711053_478375661036859_8938803244709321882_n.jpg

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back, but those stats are so misleading on how Dak and this offense is performing. The defense has created many turnovers and short fields for the offense.

Dak's turnovers are also happening at the worst possible moments, often giving the other team momentum. It puts the defense on its heels.

Also, just scoring lots of points can be misleading on how the offense is performing. You have to look at how many possessions the offense is getting, especially if the defense is giving up points. How the offense scores and when it scores in the flow of the game is more important than just scoring a lot of points. For example, the Colts scoring 33 points in the first half against the Vikings is different than scoring 33 points for the whole game. Vikings would not have played hurry up and Colts wouldn't have played prevent defense the entire second half.

Too often, the Cowboys defense has built a double digit lead and start to play soft, prevent defense. The offense has to help the defense and use the clock, score points, but Dak fails and turns the ball over and go three and out. This allows the other team to gain momentum and comeback. Dak makes terrible decisions. He doesn't seem like he has the mental capacity to make smart decision.

The offense and team played better under Cooper Rush because of how he managed the game and the flow of the game kept the defense focused for the entire game.
This doesn't make sense. How are we a top team in points and yards but we're only getting with short fields? Short fields don't give you many yards. Yes we have had turnovers, but this offense is not overrated. They are what the stats say.

Nav22

Reaction score
...says the poster that uses goofy emojis every post. Have a nice day kettle.
Just tell us all what your REAL issue is with Dak Prescott. Don't be a coward.

Nobody's buying that the pick-6 was Dak's fault, and unless YOU'RE a braindead troglodyte, YOU also know deep down that it wasn't his fault.

Go ahead. We all know why you REALLY hate Dak so much, so it won't be some huge reveal. It's really for your own sanity.

Here, let's start with this: "I wish Cooper Rush was still the Cowboys starting QB."

You agree with this take, right? That's step 1.
:thumbup:

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
This doesn't make sense. How are we a top team in points and yards but we're only getting with short fields? Short fields don't give you many yards. Yes we have had turnovers, but this offense is not overrated. They are what the stats say.
Stats also say Dak is throwing the most INTs. If you have more possessions you will have more yards.