CFZ Offense with Dak is overrated

leeblair

Reaction score
BS he hit Brown in the hands, 1 defender was well behind the play the other trailing the play. Nothing wrong with the throw or Dak throwing it to Brown. You want to put blame om Dak for the 1st int I have no issue with that.
If you've ever played receiver you know that getting your hands on the ball doesn’t mean it is catchable. If you're stretching to make a desperate catch you sometimes can't make your body adjust to squeeze the ball and it falls or gets tipped away.
But that's not the point. Dak was desperate and stretching, too. It just didn't happen. That's part of football.
The Cowboys got beat because they depend on opposing team collapsing after they get a big lead. The Jags didn’t colllapse. They kept playing.
This is just a good look at how good- and bad - the Cowboys really are.
They can have good games, but aren't quite there yet.
And Dak isn't great- and likely never will be- but he can have great games as long as the Cowboys are having a great game.
But he can lose a game for them quick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you've ever played receiver you know that getting your hands on the ball doesn’t mean it is catchable. If you're stretching to make a desperate catch you sometimes can't make your body adjust to squeeze the ball and it falls or gets tipped away.
But that's not the point. Dak was desperate and stretching, too. It just didn't happen. That's part of football.
The Cowboys got beat because they depend on opposing team collapsing after they get a big lead. The Jags didn’t colllapse. They kept playing.
And Dak isn't great- and likely never will be- but he can have great games as long as the Cowboys are having a great game.

He was open the ball was there this is the NFL more than catchable. and Yes played WR, was not an overly difficult catch. Brown did a lot of good things in this game that was not one of them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back, but those stats are so misleading on how Dak and this offense is performing. The defense has created many turnovers and short fields for the offense.

Dak's turnovers are also happening at the worst possible moments, often giving the other team momentum. It puts the defense on its heels.

Also, just scoring lots of points can be misleading on how the offense is performing. You have to look at how many possessions the offense is getting, especially if the defense is giving up points. How the offense scores and when it scores in the flow of the game is more important than just scoring a lot of points. For example, the Colts scoring 33 points in the first half against the Vikings is different than scoring 33 points for the whole game. Vikings would not have played hurry up and Colts wouldn't have played prevent defense the entire second half.

Too often, the Cowboys defense has built a double digit lead and start to play soft, prevent defense. The offense has to help the defense and use the clock, score points, but Dak fails and turns the ball over and go three and out. This allows the other team to gain momentum and comeback. Dak makes terrible decisions. He doesn't seem like he has the mental capacity to make smart decision.

The offense and team played better under Cooper Rush because of how he managed the game and the flow of the game kept the defense focused for the entire game.
so defense giving up a 59 yard touchdown to a wide open reciever is offenses fault. the defense giving up 190 yards rushing is offenses fault. that one interception led to 190 yards of rushing.

we held the ball for 14.5 minutes in the second half.

of the 6 possessions in 2nd half. we scored on 3 for 13 points. yes, that interceptions was bad. I won't argue that....and stupid call on the last series going deep....stupid moore. you have the lead you idiot. is that the best play you can come up with, instead of so many other plays.....that could gain easily 3 yards. the clock management and game management was generally bad in this game including McCarthy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was open the ball was there this is the NFL more than catchable. and Yes played WR, was not an overly difficult catch. Brown did a lot of good things in this game that was not one of them.

I disagree. this ball wasn't thrown accurately. it should have been 0.14 inches to the right. and people argue Dak is accurate. this is proof that he is not :rolleyes:

TheHerd

Reaction score
And reasonably good NFL receiver expects to make that catch. Brown admits he certainly expects to make that catch. Playoff winning teams make plays far more difficult than that. We are close, and we're a good team, but we have too much inconsistency to win 4 playoff games in a row.

rambo2

Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back, but those stats are so misleading on how Dak and this offense is performing. The defense has created many turnovers and short fields for the offense.

Dak's turnovers are also happening at the worst possible moments, often giving the other team momentum. It puts the defense on its heels.

Also, just scoring lots of points can be misleading on how the offense is performing. You have to look at how many possessions the offense is getting, especially if the defense is giving up points. How the offense scores and when it scores in the flow of the game is more important than just scoring a lot of points. For example, the Colts scoring 33 points in the first half against the Vikings is different than scoring 33 points for the whole game. Vikings would not have played hurry up and Colts wouldn't have played prevent defense the entire second half.

Too often, the Cowboys defense has built a double digit lead and start to play soft, prevent defense. The offense has to help the defense and use the clock, score points, but Dak fails and turns the ball over and go three and out. This allows the other team to gain momentum and comeback. Dak makes terrible decisions. He doesn't seem like he has the mental capacity to make smart decision.

The offense and team played better under Cooper Rush because of how he managed the game and the flow of the game kept the defense focused for the entire game.
The offense is pretty good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And reasonably good NFL receiver expects to make that catch. Brown admits he certainly expects to make that catch. Playoff winning teams make plays far more difficult than that. We are close, and we're a good team, but we have too much inconsistency to win 4 playoff games in a row.

that is why you focus on 1 at a time. Looking at other teams they would face the same question of consistency.

TheHerd

Reaction score
that is why you focus on 1 at a time. Looking at other teams they would face the same question of consistency.
I don't disagree, but we haven't put 4 games in a row together in a long, long, time. Philly and SF have both done that this year. And Philly only needs 3. We CAN beat anyone at our best, on that I agree.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but we haven't put 4 games in a row together in a long, long, time. Philly and SF have both done that this year. And Philly only needs 3. We CAN beat anyone at our best, on that I agree.

Cowboys were on 4 game win streak before loss to Jacksonville. I know it is not easy, it is not supposed to be easy.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Stats also say Dak is throwing the most INTs. If you have more possessions you will have more yards.
If you watch the games, you would have saw that about half of those were on the receivers. And we aren't getting that many turnovers and that many short fields to lead the league in points and yards....lol. You can't make this stuff up....lol

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Just tell us all what your REAL issue is with Dak Prescott. Don't be a coward.

Nobody's buying that the pick-6 was Dak's fault, and unless YOU'RE a braindead troglodyte, YOU also know deep down that it wasn't his fault.

Go ahead. We all know why you REALLY hate Dak so much, so it won't be some huge reveal. It's really for your own sanity.

Here, let's start with this: "I wish Cooper Rush was still the Cowboys starting QB."

You agree with this take, right? That's step 1.
:thumbup:
I've been asking these same Dak haters this for quite some time now. I'd be surprise if you get someone brave enough to tell you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak worshippers were saying the season was k we after the loss to TB. Now they are saying they don’t give up at the minimum sign of adversity, ironically after Cooper Rush basically proved Dak is just a flash in the pan, being carried by the roster.

ghst187

Reaction score
I feel like they need to coach and play all like Rush is still the starter. We performed better all around. I blame the coaching more than Dak for not realizing Daks limitations and adjusting. He won’t throw a killer INT if you call a run play. Guys will be more open and his throws easier if we are bludgeoning them with the run game.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I laugh at all of the people planning the offseason and saying we will lose out.

How pathetic are they in real life? Do they all just give up at the first sign of adversity?
Yes. Yes they do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When will you acknowledge that all the energy and Momentum for The Cowboys was gone at that point which was a direct result of the Leader
As soon as you acknowledge that 34 points should win any game.