CFZ Offense with Dak is overrated

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I know the offense has been one of the top scoring and yards offenses since Dak came back

You should have just stopped here.

If your offense puts up 34 points, and still loses….that’s on your defense.

The defense has played like trash the past few games.

At the beginning of the season, our defense was carrying our offense. Now? The offense is carrying the defense.

Don’t talk about Dak. Talk about our pass rush.

Don’t talk about Zeke. Talk about our run defense.

Don’t talk about Noah Brown. Talk about our pass coverage.

Don’t talk about K.Moore. Talk about Quinn.

And please talk about McCarthy. His critical decisions suck sometimes.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The defense is getting tired late in the season from having to carry the team by playing hard and intense all the time.

The defense had to carry the team while Cooper Rush was playing, because the offense with Cooper Rush wasn't capable of scoring more than in the mid twenties and the highest the offense scored with Rush was 25. Since Dak has came back the offense has averaged around 30 points per game, so you can't excuse the defense by claiming that they are tired of carrying the team and can't use that as an excuse to let them off of the hook for giving up 500 yards and 34 points to the Jaguars. :rolleyes:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I gotta give you credit brother. The Dallas offense is not really that talented if you take away CeeDee, Martin, and Pollard. Statistically speaking our line and skill players are not that good. To be honest the defense is in a similar situation with Parsons and Diggs. Dak is a good quarterback but two interceptions a game will bite us in the butt if it continues. He has to play like he did against Minnesota and the first half against Jacksonville.

When you take your emotions out of it it’s actually
pretty easy to make an honest evaluation.

Our biggest weaknesses on O are OL pass pro and WR talent. When we can run the ball really well it masks those weaknesses. When the running game stalls a little bit and we have to air it out those weaknesses are exposed.

Dak does need to play a little cleaner, but every INT has a story. Not all of them are on him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Boys fan since 1977 and always will be.You can settle for mediocrity, I want a little more as all Cowboys fans should.Dak has had 7 yrs to prove himself and obviously isn’t the answer.You can continue to be happy w/ 1 and done every year , but for people who live and breathe football, real football fans, not some fantasy football lover, expect and deserve more.
Who’s settling for mediocrity? Who’s settling for 1 and done? Quit your lying.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean this isnt shocking..its Dak fault that the rookie GB WR had a career day against us then went back to nobody mode....Listen if your offense hands you a 2+ td lead in the second half and your stipulation is "Dont make any mistakes or we cant hold this lead" what kind of defense do you have?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I mean this isnt shocking..its Dak fault that the rookie GB WR had a career day against us then went back to nobody mode....Listen if your offense hands you a 2+ td lead in the second half and your stipulation is "Dont make any mistakes or we cant hold this lead" what kind of defense do you have?

For fans that have an emotion driven agenda against Dak it doesn’t matter why we lost. It’s his fault…always.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ve had the highest scoring offense in the league since Dak returned but our defense is a shell of what it was earlier in the season. Our vaunted pass rush that was on record pace has disappeared. We’ve only had four sacks in our last three games.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
We are number 2 defense for turnovers with only the eagles having more. We’re +9 on turnovers for the year, that stat doesn’t lie. Try again
That stat is not the sole reason of having a top offense....lol

JJ1986

Reaction score
Here is an interesting analysis of Dak and our receivers creating separation. Feel free to watch and draw your conclusions.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Over 30 point's a game average. You can't win with that and Dak? You can't win anything period. We've scored enough point's to have the same record as Philly. Philly just had a better defense and better coaching. We did the same? We'd be a one loss team also.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I fully expect this reaction by several around here today. Let them throw their hissy fit say the season is over. I'm tired of fair weather fans, you want to give up on the season fine with me.

Yeah Bro but they won't go away! They never were worth a damn as fans anyway, but they won't go away. Beyotchin, pissin , moanin Sheesh

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve all the blame he’s getting. Not even close. So rash? I don’t think so.

Plenty of room for blame....The coaching staff- The defense- GMless Jones and Cap boy Stephen. Just to name a few. Yet all I hear is Dak:facepalm:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve all the blame he’s getting. Not even close. So rash? I don’t think so.
Dak is the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys and will always get the majority of attention.
All the Dak defenders seem not to understand this very basic point.
Plenty of blame to go around, but Dak should be or expected to be the leader of this team and with that role comes the responsibility to carry it sometimes.
This defense has done so for most of the season, including big time when Rush was starting, but probably overloaded to the point now that we see what we are seeing now taking place with injuries.
Its unfortunate indeed to see the injuries taking place and its also so very important that team leaders like Dak burden some of the weight of winning on their own, and to be totally honest, we have not seen that ability this season.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak is the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys and will always get the majority of attention.
All the Dak defenders seem not to understand this very basic point.
Plenty of blame to go around, but Dak should be or expected to be the leader of this team and with that role comes the responsibility to carry it sometimes.
This defense has done so for most of the season, including big time when Rush was starting, but probably overloaded to the point now that we see what we are seeing now taking place with injuries.
Its unfortunate indeed to see the injuries taking place and its also so very important that team leaders like Dak burden some of the weight of winning on their own, and to be totally honest, we have not seen that ability this season.

Better check out the Super Bowl and see what happened to Mahomes without help.....or what happened to Allen and now Brady. Tampa was a way better team with Arian at the helm. Brady was a better qb with Arian. Get Dak a better coaching staff-you'll have better results. If not? Keep blaming Dak. Keep losing! same crap happened to Romo also. Same story! Crappy GM. Crappy coaching staff. Do the math.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Better check out the Super Bowl and see what happened to Mahomes without help.....or what happened to Allen and now Brady. Tampa was a way better team with Arian at the helm. Brady was a better qb with Arian. Get Dak a better coaching staff-you'll have better results. If not? Keep blaming Dak. Keep losing! same crap happened to Romo also. Same story! Crappy GM. Crappy coaching staff. Do the math.
Sorry, I was talking about present time, not fast forwarding, or re winding.
I live in the now, and talking specifically about what has to take place now, present time in order for this team to actually return to contending status before post season play commences.