Offensive Line Ratings from the Giants game...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the grading is in 0.5 increments, how did Smith get 0.3 and Free get 2.3? No matter how many plays or categories they graded, the average would always end in either .0 or .5.

Good question, I am not sure how they do their calculations though. If an average was worked in, then wouldn't the final result be between -2 and +2? I don't see how someone gets outside those ranges using averages since each grade is between those two values.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't remember that at all. I remember that Murray had to create a lot of what he found out there and that we generally got by throwing quick slants all day. I don't remember a particularly dominant performance.

Both tackles struggled against the Giants in the opening game of the 2012 season...

Tyron had 4 penalties and gave up 3 pressures.

Free had 2 penalties and gave up 3 pressures.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Both tackles struggled against the Giants in the opening game of the 2012 season...

Tyron had 4 penalties and gave up 3 pressures.

Free had 2 penalties and gave up 3 pressures.

I've gotten to where I watch football, I pretty much only watch the line play as opposed to focusing on the QB (which is REALLY boring when you think about it; he's standing there.) I think too often people overrate line play around here by just a tad sometimes. There are some successful football teams out there that don't necessarily dominate on the lines.

Reaction score
I couldn't understand Cris Collinsworth going on about Smith, when he had all of those penalties. He's an average LT at best. Would love to see them draft a LT in the 1st round next year & move Smith back to his more natural position of RT. He would have a much better chance to play to his potential & justify being drafted 9th in the draft-ahead of JJ Watt.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I couldn't understand Cris Collinsworth going on about Smith, when he had all of those penalties. He's an average LT at best. Would love to see them draft a LT in the 1st round next year & move Smith back to his more natural position of RT. He would have a much better chance to play to his potential & justify being drafted 9th in the draft-ahead of JJ Watt.

He had 2 and outside of that handled his man very well on the night.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think Smith is a very good LT. I think he would be an All Pro RT. Not saying he won't be an all pro LT, but it is definitely a harder road for him.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There is no font for tone and you are not the only one that says that exact line. It's not so much that I love to argue but rather that I do not like misleading comments.

They don't say that yet people keep saying your line. Jest or not it is not accurate.

I think it's perfectly fair to say Broaddus likes Bernadeau, he's not shy about it. Heck, he was talking about replacing Leary with Bernadeau when Waters is ready, even though Leary played well and Bernadeau played (and has often played) below average.

Mickey may have been in it strictly for the Bernie vs Livings comparison, but Broaddus is in it for the long haul, he genuinely thinks Bernadeau should be a starter and is an asset.