Offensive scheme is changing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry hinted at it during one of the post draft pressers. He mentioned using more WR’s and more RPO plays where Dak may run the ball more. I think they realize that Dez and his I’m the #1 WR give me the ball offense doesn’t work. So look for more multiple receiver sets and more RPO plays.

Zman5

Reaction score
I posted this on other threads based on the type of WR we got. Look for the focus on the slot receiver. That doesn't mean Beas only. Most of our new WR can play out of the slot. They may even put Zeke there few times a game. Also, I predict we'll see more crossing routes and WC/Spread concepts.

CapnB

Reaction score
Not a lot of true #1 across the league anymore. And with the RPO system taking over the league it seems teams will be going away from having that true #1. It will almost make the WR position not valued as high like the RB position was for a long time until the last couple of drafts.

Sure, you will have your freak's in the coming years where someone will take one in the top 10 but you're not going to see a plethora of WR even in the top 20 anymore in my opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not a lot of true #1 across the league anymore. And with the RPO system taking over the league it seems teams will be going away from having that true #1. It will almost make the WR position not valued as high like the RB position was for a long time until the last couple of drafts.

Sure, you will have your freak's in the coming years where someone will take one in the top 10 but you're not going to see a plethora of WR even in the top 20 anymore in my opinion.
Wide receiver seems to be going the way of where running back was a few years ago. They are sliding to the end of the 1st round now.

kevm3

Reaction score
A new offensive scheme would be nice, but the real question is adjustments. When opposing defenses realize what we are doing on offense, will our coaches be able to adjust so that we don't get completely shut down in the second half?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah I've been begging for a new offense even before that season but I'm so sick of the mantra "Forcing the ball to Dez" as if it held us back. IT shouldn't have held us back. Dez wanting the football shouldn't have been a problem.
It isn’t anymore. When you are paying 12 or 13 mil a year for a receiver then he better be worth it and he ain’t going to be on the bench making that change.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It isn’t anymore. When you are paying 12 or 13 mil a year for a receiver then he better be worth it and he ain’t going to be on the bench making that change.
Not about being on the bench. Dez even as bad as he was last year was still our best receiver. You didn't have to put him on the bench to be successful. You didn't have to FORCE the football to him to be successful either. Its a silly narrative that needs to die out. Cowboys failed last season because EVERYONE sucked. From Dak to Dez and even to Zeke. This offense was poor.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The NFL is going back to the RB being more important than the WR. Soon the TE will be too if the last Superbowl is any indication.

With that said I expect the offense to have some new wrinkles.

erod

Reaction score
I'm not a big college fan but I think you may be in the minority here. Some people enjoy college even more than the NFL.
Most of today's sports fans prefer MMA to baseball, and X games to hockey or basketball.

I'm proudly in the minority of this dumbed-down society.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not about being on the bench. Dez even as bad as he was last year was still our best receiver. You didn't have to put him on the bench to be successful. You didn't have to FORCE the football to him to be successful either. Its a silly narrative that needs to die out. Cowboys failed last season because EVERYONE sucked. From Dak to Dez and even to Zeke. This offense was poor.
Well that’s fixed now with the cancer gone, a 2nd OL, A 3rd rd WR , Austin, Hurns and a change in scheme.