Offensive scheme is changing

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They're going full college scheme for Dak. If the NFL does this in full, I'm out. I hate college/high school offenses.

I don't believe that.......IMO the Pats, Packers, and Eagles are better comparisons. No true #1 but 3-4 #2s who could have bid games on any given Sunday.

Techsass

Reaction score
2017 to me wasn't so much trying to force it to Dez as it was going back to the old hang on to the ball for 5 seconds & go deep.

Bluestang

Reaction score
PHI runs a very heavy RPO offense, WAS does too and Alex Smith ran a ton of it under Andy Reid at KC.

The RPO is here to stay guys, the NFL is evolving.

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry hinted at it during one of the post draft pressers. He mentioned using more WR’s and more RPO plays where Dak may run the ball more. I think they realize that Dez and his I’m the #1 WR give me the ball offense doesn’t work. So look for more multiple receiver sets and more RPO plays.

THE stupidest thing we can do is gave Dak run more. Dak needs to learn to throw better. however I don't doubt that Garrett is stupid enough to think it's a good idea

Yet another opportunity to hit the 'reset' button and start yet another 'process'

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
THE stupidest thing we can do is gave Dak run more. Dak needs to learn to throw better. however I don't doubt that Garrett is stupid enough to think it's a good idea

Yet another opportunity to hit the 'reset' button and start yet another 'process'
You’re complaining about something that hasn’t even played out yet. Patience grasshopper.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry hinted at it during one of the post draft pressers. He mentioned using more WR’s and more RPO plays where Dak may run the ball more. I think they realize that Dez and his I’m the #1 WR give me the ball offense doesn’t work. So look for more multiple receiver sets and more RPO plays.

2016 Dak was at his best when ALL receivers were options depending on who was open. This is where I think they try to go. A lot hard for defensive coor plan if they have no idea who you lead receiver will be on any given Sunday.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Yeah, that transition has been in the works for some time now. They'll be using it in TC whenever that starts. Here's hoping it helps.

btcutter

Reaction score
Those are very negative opinions.

In the past we won because of Offense's ability to sustain drives and keep D off the field. Now we want to depend on the D? If we had picked a good 1 tech DT and Hurst in the 4th round to booster our DL then I would feel little better. Right now.... D has a lot to prove to me before I would rely on them.
This team is still built around the OL and Zeke. It will go as far as they will take us. If Dak would improve his accuracy to the 67% range (last year he was at 62) then this O will go far.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Daks gonna break his leg one day. Or his acl.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
In the past we won because of Offense's ability to sustain drives and keep D off the field. Now we want to depend on the D? If we had picked a good 1 tech DT and Hurst in the 4th round to booster our DL then I would feel little better. Right now.... D has a lot to prove to me before I would rely on them.
This team is still built around the OL and Zeke. It will go as far as they will take us. If Dak would improve his accuracy to the 67% range (last year he was at 62) then this O will go far.
yup Zeke got 900 yards in 10 games. Dude is a 10k career back easy and in his prime. Its Zeke 25-30 a game and peppering in the pass game. The Elliot vs Barkley games will be fun to watch

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he hands it to Zeke and doesn't run much. We need Dak to stay in one piece. He was not the same after the beating he took in Atlanta

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is the evolution of RPO based schemes in any way related to watered down QB's coming out of college? Will we ever see a crop of guys like Roger, Montana, Favre, Troy, etc etc at the same time instead of once a decade?

Just seems that the number of stud QB's are becoming extinct these days. When this last batch of QB's retires(Brady, Rodgers and Brees), that rare, elite HOF QB will become a unicorn.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The more Dak runs the higher the risk of injury. Using his legs in certain situations is a good thing but we can’t turn him into a running QB who’s always looking to pull the ball down and take off.

conner01

Reaction score
PHI runs a very heavy RPO offense, WAS does too and Alex Smith ran a ton of it under Andy Reid at KC.

The RPO is here to stay guys, the NFL is evolving.
The talent in the nfl comes from college systems
Stands to reason the nfl is going more that direction

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What a beautiful strategic shift.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody will miss you but thanks for telling us I guess
I will miss him and run after him yelling "erod, erod, don't go erod".

I get what he's saying and that's why I spend the most time with SEC with teams that run more traditional offenses, the spread is OK as a side but not the main course.

If a team has a QB that can run like Dak can, why not? Yes, injury is a concern but so is getting hammered in the pocket, the game comes with risk. And he's one of the best sliders in the game.

And Phil, why be so mean?