Offensive scheme is changing

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I've been begging for a new offense even before that season but I'm so sick of the mantra "Forcing the ball to Dez" as if it held us back. IT shouldn't have held us back. Dez wanting the football shouldn't have been a problem.

There were a number of throws that were forced to him while other guys were more open. You would have to have an agenda to say you didn't see it, especially last year.
Your right though, Dak shouldn't of felt the need to force balls into tight coverage with Dez. He should of pulled Dez aside and told him, if you get more open than the other guys, then you will get the ball so keep quit your (female dogging) for the ball and do a better job at getting open. But he didn't do that opting instead to placate the guys hurt feelings and it did cost this teams better opportunities.

Now I am with those who also lay the blame on the coaching staff and our offensive scheme, but that is why we made all the changes this year with personnel on the field and on the sideline. We will see if it makes for a better passing game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Some people like watching the product though. You can like the rivalry games but at the same time you are investing in the product that's on the field. IMO, it's impossible for the NFL to go to what the NCAA is simply off of talent alone.

Some people like Soccer and don't watch football at all. I mean, that's kind of the problem right? The NFL wasn't always the top dog, in this country, with regards to sports. There was a time when the NFL wasn't even the biggest dog in the yard when it came to Football. College Football used to be much more popular then Pro Football was. The reason the NFL became more popular was because the game was superior. If you start running the same kind of very limited offense in the NFL, I think that it's inevitable that you will see a decline in viewers. I mean, you are already seeing it for other reasons. The NFL game is already more boring then it used to be. Offenses are already dumbing down IMO. The quality of the Athlete might be superior but that actual game is not more interesting IMO.

I think it would be a mistake but I guess we'll see. You know what they say, nothing lasts forever.

CWR

Reaction score
I can barely watch the college RPO offenses.

Most teams run about 10 different plays.

Hey if it actually works who cares ya know? Nothing could be more difficult than watching last years offense again.