***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2***

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2058124 said:
Who the heck is Scandrick? lol

a raw underclassmen, one of hte NFLN guys stated that someone in the NFL told him that he was a 2nd round talent, but would be suprised if he was taken there

Eskimo

Reaction score
If we get Pacman this year and Jenkins looks ready, do we trade Henry in TC when someone goes down on another team and wants a proven CB?

NickZepp

Reaction score
I think our draft picks next year are going to be used on a WR. We don't really NEED a WR this year. We had some good recievers.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
NickZepp;2058157 said:
I think our draft picks next year are going to be used on a WR. We don't really NEED a WR this year. We had some good recievers.

We needed to either draft a top WR or at least one who can be projected to be a number one or two, take a flyer on someone low, or just stay out of it this year. There is no need to draft people who are unlikely to play for two years. Not at that position.

Do they feel we don't have a CB on the roster now who can develop into at least a 3rd CB? Is that why we are drafting CBs?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jobberone;2058178 said:
We needed to either draft a top WR or at least one who can be projected to be a number one or two, take a flyer on someone low, or just stay out of it this year. There is no need to draft people who are unlikely to play for two years. Not at that position.

Do they feel we don't have a CB on the roster now who can develop into at least a 3rd CB? Is that why we are drafting CBs?

I think we may be hedging our bet at CB, though I am a bit surprised we haven't drafted a safety yet.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058185 said:
I think we may be hedging our bet at CB, though I am a bit surprised we haven't drafted a safety yet.

I'm not

I think our safeties are going to look like this

FS: Hamlin, Watkins, Brown
SS: Roy Williams

esp. now that we drafted 2 corners and traded for PacMan, in addition to already having 2 starters

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
jobberone;2058178 said:

We lost two CB's and a safety through free agency. We've drafted a #1, a number 5 (think special teams) we may have PacMan (may) and we should remember that our secondary was an area of need before we lost Reeves and Jones. We have two 7th round projects that the coaching staff "like", but will they develop? I applaud this move. I'd like a receiver too, but we're not likely to see a guy in this draft class who will step in. You will note that no WR's were worthy of round one. Maybe this class was not what we though it was.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Brian Stewart just said that they took Talib off their board because of character issues. Explains not taking manningham.

Seems a bit hypocritical when trading for pacman but....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
has Georgia OLB Marcus Howard been taken? he's an athlete, and would make for a fine 6th round pick

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058211 said:
has Georgia OLB Marcus Howard been taken? he's an athlete, and would make for a fine 6th round pick

Nope. Still there.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058222 said:
4.5-4.6 guy who had 10.5 sacks in the tough SEC in 'l07

Sounds good but I would like to find an inside LB as well.

Still think there may be a shot at Ainge before we are done.

Taz

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058210 said:
Brian Stewart just said that they took Talib off their board because of character issues. Explains not taking manningham.

Seems a bit hypocritical when trading for pacman but....

get players AFTER theyexplode not before

Eskimo

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2058251 said:
How many times are we gonna trade down when our 6th pick comes

Impossible to tell - depends on whether there is someone up there they love and fills a need. If there are a few players graded similarly, they may try to move back and pick up a 7th.