***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread - Day 2***

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058237 said:
Sounds good but I would like to find an inside LB as well.

Still think there may be a shot at Ainge before we are done.

Nevada's Ezra Butler?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't even know who she is, but she's wearing one of those ladie's suits and she's still looks shapely

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058210 said:
Brian Stewart just said that they took Talib off their board because of character issues. Explains not taking manningham.

Seems a bit hypocritical when trading for pacman but....

No, it doesn't. Pacman has no risk other than the 4th this year. He works out it is a steal. He doesn't you get it back next year. On a team with great needs at CB to find the 6th pick of a draft for a 4th is a great deal. If you draft one of these guys and they don't work out you have lost the pick. I do think Mario is going to do well on and off the field. I would have drafted him in the third easily. He's first round talent.

Bob Sacamano;2058287 said:
that blonde reporter on NFLN has a great body

Dude! I'm shocked.

Woods

Reaction score
I hope we get either Hillis, Schmitt at FB, or Monk at WR, or Rubin at NT, or Ainge at QB with our 6th rounder.

One of these guys should be available.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BTW, remember guys when you trade someone you eat their contract. Unless both clubs and players agree to change the contracts you are out of luck. RW isn't going to give any money back and isn't going to take a pay cut even though he probably should.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jobberone;2058317 said:
No, it doesn't. Pacman has no risk other than the 4th this year. He works out it is a steal. He doesn't you get it back next year. On a team with great needs at CB to find the 6th pick of a draft for a 4th is a great deal. If you draft one of these guys and they don't work out you have lost the pick.

Not talking about the risk. I was talking about taking a guy off the board because of character yet, they go after pacman.

Has nothing to do with risk.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058332 said:
Not talking about the risk. I was talking about taking a guy off the board because of character yet, they go after pacman.

Has nothing to do with risk.

Well, you can't take risk out of the equation. Otherwise he gets picked in a much higher round. He's there for a reason. I think the Giants took a risk and I think it will pay off for them. I would have taken him. But obviously they didn't think he was worth the HAs and the risk. It's not all about risk with character either. No one wants to deal with someone like AB.

Woods

Reaction score
Wonder if JJ trades down with the 6th to re-coup the 7th?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2058347 said:
Well, you can't take risk out of the equation. Otherwise he gets picked in a much higher round. He's there for a reason. I think the Giants took a risk and I think it will pay off for them. I would have taken him. But obviously they didn't think he was worth the HAs and the risk. It's not all about risk with character either. No one wants to deal with someone like AB.

Maybe I'm not stating my position well enough. My bad.

Stewart said they took guys off the board because of character.

We gave up a 4th for pacman. What's the difference in taking Pacman with the 4th or Manningham?

I guess what I'm saying is it makes no sense to say, "Character matters" then take a chance on Pacman when the whole knows what his character issues are.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
How about Caleb Campbell at Saftey?

They are interviewing him on NFLN.

Anyone know about him.

He's a Cowboys fan. Woohoo.

silver

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058389 said:
How about Caleb Campbell at Saftey?

They are interviewing him on NFLN.

Anyone know about him.

He's a Cowboys fan. Woohoo.

who isn't. as dumb as jerry is, the fan base keeps growing. must be doing something right.

i actually wouldn't mind Caleb at all.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
silver;2058406 said:
who isn't. as dumb as jerry is, the fan base keeps growing. must be doing something right.

i actually wouldn't mind Caleb at all.

Might be a Bill bates type of player.

ndanger

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2058367 said:
Maybe I'm not stating my position well enough. My bad.

Stewart said they took guys off the board because of character.

We gave up a 4th for pacman. What's the difference in taking Pacman with the 4th or Manningham?

I guess what I'm saying is it makes no sense to say, "Character matters" then take a chance on Pacman when the whole knows what his character issues are.

That's kinda' apples and oranges to me.It's possible Manningham is where Adam used to be, i.e., I am all world and will do what I damn well please, I don't need coaches with this much talent and on and on.Adam Jones is at a different crossroads. Either he straightens up or he will have to lose the privilege of playing in the NFL. Mario possibly has yet to view it as a privilege.I understand where your coming from, I just view it as two different situations.