***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread***

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Bennett.

I had a feeling that was going to happen, given that he was the best non-running back left on Goose's board.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2054979 said:
Bennett.

I had a feeling that was going to happen, given that he was the best non-running back left on Goose's board.

Isn't this a decent sized stretch, Adam?

marchetta

Reaction score
PosterChild;2054992 said:

The writer made some really good comparisons to Antonio Gates (SD). After watching Bennett's Youtube videos, I thought he bore a striking resemblance to Gates, and then to read that the writer also saw that makes me feel like we made a very good choice. There's even a vid of him jumping over a coach and slamming a basketball. This kid is an extremely good athlete. He has more athleticism than any TE we've had in Dallas in a very long time, and that includes Witten. This kid could turn into something special considering how Tony/Garrett love to utilize the TE in our O.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think New England found their next Asante Samuels in the 2nd round again with Terrence Wheatley. I really like that kid.

PosterChild

Reaction score
marchetta;2055176 said:
The writer made some really good comparisons to Antonio Gates (SD). After watching Bennett's Youtube videos, I thought he bore a striking resemblance to Gates, and then to read that the writer also saw that makes me feel like we made a very good choice. There's even a vid of him jumping over a coach and slamming a basketball. This kid is an extremely good athlete. He has more athleticism than any TE we've had in Dallas in a very long time, and that includes Witten. This kid could turn into something special considering how Tony/Garrett love to utilize the TE in our O.
I have a good feeling about him. Part of it may be the panic that has ensued here over him.; so many ppl with similar knee-jerks must be wrong and all... Imagine if Witten goes down, everyone happy with Tony Curtis? He's shown the ability to play in this league but he has limitations in run blocking and protection. Bennett could actually be a weapon--ideally speaking, of course.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
PosterChild;2055408 said:
Imagine if Witten goes down, everyone happy with Tony Curtis?

Using that logic...imagine if Romo goes down, everyone happy with Brad "Stonehenge" Johnson?

You can't use the "imagine if so and so goes down" argument in such a blanket way. I'm a whole lot easier with Tony Curtis playing than I am Brad Johnson - why not draft Andre Woodson instead of Bennett?

Just being argumentative, but do you see where I'm coming from?

PosterChild

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2055552 said:
Using that logic...imagine if Romo goes down, everyone happy with Brad "Stonehenge" Johnson?

You can't use the "imagine if so and so goes down" argument in such a blanket way. I'm a whole lot easier with Tony Curtis playing than I am Brad Johnson - why not draft Andre Woodson instead of Bennett?

Just being argumentative, but do you see where I'm coming from?
Sure. I'm not a fan of having BJ back there behind Romeo. I'm in favor of Booty, actually. Hope we can do something in the mids if he's still around.