***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread***

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I know this might not be popular, but I think this draft is going exactly how we need it to. We got our complimentary back in Jones and a solid corner (the top one IMO) in Jenkins. Very solid.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Jones is a better fit for Dallas. We have a back like Mendenhall already in Barber. In fact our version is better than Mendenhall will ever be. Felix Jones is a backup and a speedy guy. He's a good fit.

The 25th pick with Jenkins is another solid pick. We've filled 2 needs so far. Jenkins is a top 10 type talent so that's a really good pick.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Why not take Jenkins at 22 and WAIT for Felix if you're going to take him. There is definitely WOW to this draft. But it's a, "WOW, how can you be so freaking stupid?!?"

NickZepp

Reaction score
They valued Jones above Jenkins that's why they took Jones first.

links18

Reaction score
Man, we really need a WR. We CANNOT rely on TO staying healthy all year and we CANNOT rely on Glenn. :banghead:

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
Felix Jones would have been drafted at 24 instead of chris Johnson so that means Jerry made the right choice.

Woods

Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2054277 said:
Felix Jones would have been drafted at 24 instead of chris Johnson so that means Jerry made the right choice.

Yes, I think you're right.

marchetta

Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2054277 said:

Yeah, but should he have been picked before Mendenhall? That's the question most are asking.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
marchetta;2054289 said:
Yeah, but should he have been picked before Mendenhall? That's the question most are asking.

Jones is a better fit for what the team wants to do. Would've loved Mendenhall, too.

newlander

Reaction score
DP is probably right. I love Mendenhall, but he REALLy is the same kind of banger, physical type back that the Barbarian is. Very similar styles. But I just didn't see Jones run enough to have that high of an opinion. The analysts love him, but so what...........time will tell obviously.

firehawk350

Reaction score
I'm not high on Phillips, but definitely better than what they have back there right now...

lockster

Reaction score
Dadnabbit! Man, I would have loved to get Phillips, then we could have traded Williams for less and gotten rid of him.