FEATURED Official 2018 Dallas Cowboys Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESisback

Reaction score
A DE rotation of Lawrence, Charlton, Ealy, Tapper, Jones and Gregory sounds good to me. Inside we have Collins, Irving, Crawford, and Price. If we draft Vita, then a good LB in the second, and pick up a vet FA after cuts...YOWZAH!

blueblood70

Reaction score
14 games are already predetermined, it is only two that are variable.
I realize how they do divisions are a constant and rotate by how you finished in your division and match you up with the other divisions on a rotation yearly but when is the HARD schedules for division winners and playoff teams determined..doesn't always seem like they get tougher schedules, i thought they had to play the top winners from year before..

I was watching espn and they were saying that 50k different scheduling options are spit out by the computer and the League goes through them and find ones they like the best..still not random if hUmans are choosing..I think it needs to spit the stuff out one option only and keep the humans out of it.. someone's making sure the Cowboys have many National Night games regardless of their year before schedule and Jacksonville who deserves some spot light gets 1, just one nationally televised matchup? too many conspiracy theorist will say more of the RG NFL office is setting these games up when they get to nit pick too many computer options..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A DE rotation of Lawrence, Charlton, Ealy, Tapper, Jones and Gregory sounds good to me. Inside we have Collins, Irving, Crawford, and Price. If we draft Vita, then a good LB in the second, and pick up a vet FA after cuts...YOWZAH!

YYup, and then we get a draft pick or two, and that's a nice dline.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Id still like to know how these schedules are made is it me or did some playoff teams get some cupcake schedules Jacksonville and MN? seriously.. why do these teams get so much help?

It is quite simple how the NFL schedules are made.

1. Play your division - 6 games
2. Play a rotating division in your conference - 4 games (every team in your division plays the same division)
3. Play a rotating division in the opposite conference - 4 games (every team in your division plays the same division)
4. Play one team from the other 2 divisions inside your conference based on division standings last year. We finished 2nd place so we play the two 2nd place teams from the other 2 divisions. These are the only 2 games that change from year to year for each team.

14 of the games are against the exact same teams that the other teams in your division play. You know 14 of the 16 games every year from here until you can stop counting for every team.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ahhhh....well if it isn’t my old pal stinky,the Panthers. Why did we get stuck as a forced regular matchup when they became a franchise? The only time I’m surprised,is when they’re NOT on the schedule. A week one showing is odd though,as usually they reserve that for the Giants,as a new traditional game.

pitt33

Reaction score
I miss 1 o clock games
Amen brother.

Go out to dinner Saturday night. Have a few beers. Get up the next morning to some coffee and a great breakfast. Read the Sunday paper with some pre-game show in the background (I prefer the boys on FOX). Don’t have to wait all day and half the night for the game to start.

And most importantly? My #%* isn’t dragging the next day at work from those Sunday night tilts.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Compared to previous years, this schedule is really good. Bye at almost the mid point of the season, stretch of 4 out of 5 games at home in the second half of the season, not opening with the Giants for the first time in forever.

Really does look like a 10+ win schedule.

If Garrett cant make the playoffs with a schedule laid out like this, he is hopeless. He seriously has to go if we don't make the playoffs this year, the league is serving us up a wildcard at a min and if Garrett botches it........I don't want to hear jack from his three supporters. He has to go if that happens, nothing else to say.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
not that is means anything as teams change is drastically in a year and does not account for issues along the season. Its based on win record . Cowboys have 5 teams from postseason last year Eagles have 7. Should make for a good year and fight in the NFCE. Last year we were both tied for 10th http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234722/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Strength Of Schedule

RANK TEAM PCT.*
1 Green Bay Packers .539
T-2 New Orleans Saints .535
T-2 Detroit Lions .535
4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .531
T-5 Cleveland Browns .523
T-5 Seattle Seahawks .523
T-5 Los Angeles Rams .523
T-8 Chicago Bears .520
T-8 Minnesota Vikings .520
T-8 New York Giants .520
T-8 Arizona Cardinals .520
12 Carolina Panthers .512
13 Atlanta Falcons .508
14 Washington Commanders .504
T-15 San Francisco 49ers .500
T-15 Miami Dolphins .500
T-15 Dallas Cowboys .500
18 Buffalo Bills .496
T-19 Philadelphia Eagles .492
T-19 Kansas City Chiefs .492
21 Baltimore Ravens .488
T-22 New England Patriots .484
T-22 Indianapolis Colts .484
24 Los Angeles Chargers .480
T-25 Pittsburgh Steelers .477
T-25 Jacksonville Jaguars .477
T-25 New York Jets .477
T-25 Denver Broncos .477
T-29 Oakland Raiders .473
T-29 Cincinnati Bengals .473
31 Tennessee Titans .465
32 Houston Texans .453
* Combined 2017 winning percentage of all 16 opponents

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is quite simple how the NFL schedules are made.

1. Play your division - 6 games
2. Play a rotating division in your conference - 4 games (every team in your division plays the same division)
3. Play a rotating division in the opposite conference - 4 games (every team in your division plays the same division)
4. Play one team from the other 2 divisions inside your conference based on division standings last year. We finished 2nd place so we play the two 2nd place teams from the other 2 divisions. These are the only 2 games that change from year to year for each team.

14 of the games are against the exact same teams that the other teams in your division play. You know 14 of the 16 games every year from here until you can stop counting for every team.
i do know this but saw a special on NFL.com and they said the computer uses that formula but spits out 50k different scenarios on when they play and how the season starts and ends etc etc and all the Thursday and sn and Mn football games are than nick picked by the committees and THEY in fact get to pick the final schedules themselves..meaning all those odd Cowboys playing a Sunday night game followed by a Thursday game and another Thursday game , and who they play on those dates plus how much travels involved etc etc are picked by humans and that can make or break a season..theres still too much human involvement.. A truly fair schedule would be the computer randomly picking the dates and who plays and when using the same formula but not giving RG and his goons a chance to put bias into it..its human nature..i don't like it.. we don't deserve all the 325 and Prime time games and yet they give us 4-5 and Jacksonville 1 ..this allows a conspiracy element into it as what happened with the Reffing in the last playoffs where they admitted calling penaltys differently. That shouldn't be allowed....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i do know this but saw a special on NFL.com and they said the computer uses that formula but spits out 50k different scenarios on when they play and how the season starts and ends etc etc and all the Thursday and sn and Mn football games are than nick picked by the committees and THEY in fact get to pick the final schedules themselves..meaning all those odd Cowboys playing a Sunday night game followed by a Thursday game and another Thursday game , and who they play on those dates plus how much travels involved etc etc are picked by humans and that can make or break a season..theres still too much human involvement.. A truly fair schedule would be the computer randomly picking the dates and who plays and when using the same formula but not giving RG and his goons a chance to put bias into it..its human nature..i don't like it.. we don't deserve all the 325 and Prime time games and yet they give us 4-5 and Jacksonville 1 ..this allows a conspiracy element into it as what happened with the Reffing in the last playoffs where they admitted calling penaltys differently. That shouldn't be allowed....
It's about money and ratings, not being fair.
The owners are not going to lose
Ratings and $,just to be fair.

CPanther95

Reaction score
not that is means anything as teams change is drastically in a year and does not account for issues along the season. Its based on win record . Cowboys have 5 teams from postseason last year Eagles have 7.

All teams in the NFC East have 7 games against 2017 playoff teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.