FEATURED Official 2018 Dallas Cowboys Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I've never said Prescott needs to be replaced.

But why let that fact get in the way of a good, dumb rant?

Oh that's right you prefer "concerns" but everyone else sees it as just complaining.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh that's right you prefer "concerns" but everyone else sees it as just complaining.

Oh so there are no concerns at all with Prescott? One can say that one has some concerns about a player but also not want the player replaced, or in the case of some, taken out back and stoned to death.

But keep up the good work. You are showing an expansive intellect at this point.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Oh so there are no concerns at all with Prescott? One can say that one has some concerns about a player but also not want the player replaced, or in the case of some, taken out back and stoned to death.

But keep up the good work. You are showing an expansive intellect at this point.

As I've said many times EVERY DAY you state the same "concerns" or in real terms complaints. As I've also said many times your daily concerns stopped being concerns a long time ago and have been nothing but complaining.

Sydla

Reaction score
As I've said many times EVERY DAY you state the same "concerns" or in real terms complaints. As I've also said many times your daily concerns stopped being concerns a long time ago and have been nothing but complaining.

If the concerns are legitimate and based on evidence, the only reason it's "complaining" to people like yourself is because you can't cobble together coherent arguments and rebuttals. So you and others resort to essentially labeling people complainers or bad fans or actually super secret agent fans of other teams.

For example, take our pass rush. It was middle of the pack last year in terms of sacks and QB pressures, even with Lawrence having a career year. The pass rush should absolutely be a concern for 2018 and that's backed by evidence. And if people point that out every single day from now until the season, it doesn't change that reality. You would likely label it "complaining" but that would be nothing more than you showing an inability to either 1) accept the reality that we have questions about getting consistently to the QB or 2) simply lack a logical rebuttal to that point, so then resort to calling people complainers and losers and fans of other teams.

I am not surprised you can't see that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If the concerns are legitimate and based on evidence, the only reason it's "complaining" to people like yourself is because you can't cobble together coherent arguments and rebuttals. So you and others resort to essentially labeling people complainers or bad fans or actually super secret agent fans of other teams.

For example, take our pass rush. It was middle of the pack last year in terms of sacks and QB pressures, even with Lawrence having a career year. The pass rush should absolutely be a concern for 2018 and that's backed by evidence. And if people point that out every single day from now until the season, it doesn't change that reality. You would likely label it "complaining" but that would be nothing more than you showing an inability to either 1) accept the reality that we have questions about getting consistently to the QB or 2) simply lack a logical rebuttal to that point, so then resort to calling people complainers and losers and fans of other teams.

I am not surprised you can't see that.

Oh but it's not a surprise that EVERY DAY you have the same "concerns" and can't see that it's long past concerns even with your same evidence and moved on to just complaining about the same thing over and over and over day after day after day after day.......

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh but it's not a surprise that EVERY DAY you have the same "concerns" and can't see that it's long past concerns even with your same evidence and moved on to just complaining about the same thing over and over and over day after day after day after day.......

Of course it's not a surprise that I or others would have the same concerns and talk about the same concerns a lot.

Because little has changed at this point to allay those concerns. This isn't rocket science here. And FWIW, I've posted things that you would construe positively but as I suspect, you gloss over them because it doesn't fit your narrative. You fancy yourself some sort of great fan that won't betray your fandom by being negative about the team and will make it your mission to try to piss on those that do.

For example, in another thread, I am wondering why some fans are so bent out of shape about Gregory getting reinstated. We should hope he gets reinstated. What's the worst thing that can happen? He gets cut after he shows in camp the time away from football was too much to overcome?

Are you completely ignorant as to how a sports message board works?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Since everyone else is doing it... 12-4 this season, second seed (after the Packers) and first round bye.

Sept. 9 at Carolina Panthers, 4:25 p.m. (FOX).... 0-1
I expect this to be a close game, but we lose on the road.

Sept. 16 vs. New York Giants, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)... 1-1
Dallas has owned this division, even in last year's down year. This is our home opener. Giants are rebuilding. Win.

Sept. 23 at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)... 1-2
This is a tough place to play. It's a winnable game but let's call it a loss.

Sept. 30 vs. Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. (FOX).... 2-2
Cowboys control the line of scrimmage and the clock and win this game at home to recover to .500.

Oct. 7 at Houston Texans, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)... 3-2
Cowboys pitch a shut out against their in-state rivals. Win.

Oct. 14 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 4:25 p.m. (CBS).... 4-2
Jaguars are an overrated team and we get them at home. Win.

Oct. 21 at Washington Commanders, 4:25 p.m. (CBS).... 5-2
Commanders will already be imploding. And we own them in Washington. Win.

Oct. 28 -- BYE

Nov. 5 vs. Tennessee Titans, 8:15 p.m. (CBS).... 6-2
Home game coming off a BYE against a very mediocre team with a suspect quarterback. Win.

Nov. 11 at Philadelphia Eagles, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)... 6-3
Schedule-makers have us playing in Philly on the road, coming off a Monday Night game. Loss.

Nov. 18 at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX)..... 7-3
Revenge game for what happened last year. Dak throws four touchdowns. Win.

Nov. 22 vs. Washington Commanders (Thanksgiving), 4:30 p.m. (FOX).... 8-3
Commanders' season is already over by now. Smith is on the bench. Win

Nov. 29 vs. New Orleans Saints, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN)... 9-3
Cowboys win at home in a high-scoring shootout.

Dec. 9 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)... 10-3
Our turn. We play on 10 days rest after a Thursday night game, Eagles have to fly to Dallas after playing on MNF. Win.

Dec. 16 at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (FOX).... 11-3
Blowout win.

Dec. 23 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.M. (FOX)... 12-3
Division is already locked up, but Dallas wins anyway.

Dec. 30 at New York Giants, 1 p.m. (Fox)... 12-4
Cowboys rest their starters and Giants win in OT. Loss.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some moreso than others, you'd agree correct? Unless you are arguing that the Cleveland Browns have the same amount of questions that say the Patriots have in the preseason.

The Cowboys have quite a few questions. Denying that is absurd. Could those questions get answered positively in the 2018 season? Absolutely. Is it illogical to think based on the evidence we have, that 2018 might not be a complete success because of those questions? Of course not.
Dude-I didn’t deny it so quit postulating.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Theres my ol' buddy bringing in the sunshine to these rainy depressing record predictions from some of these .... "Fans"

It's a bit (cough) optimistic but I'd much prefer to read a bit more cheery than the opposite. Open mindedness and optimism is reasonably tolerable, methinks!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Id still like to know how these schedules are made is it me or did some playoff teams get some cupcake schedules Jacksonville and MN? seriously.. why do these teams get so much help?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
IMHO...if we stay relatively healthy, we'll win more than last year.

I'm tempted to boldly state that we'll win as much as last year, healthy or not but I'll restrain myself until more evidence is in.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.