Twitter: Official: Anthony Spencer out for rest of season - 09/24/13

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Jabaal Sheard is sitting in Cleveland waiting to be plucked. Could be had for a third. Kid has been a nice passrusher for Cleveland. Think what he could do under Rods direction of the D line? Could rotate in behind Ware and Selvie to help supply pressure on opposing QB's. Maybe use he AND Selvie together on 3rd downs with Selvie moving to D.T on 3rd downs like the Giants used to do with theyre pass rushers.

Third and long........... Sheard....Selvie....Hatcher....Ware

Not bad at all.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That's a very tough deal for Spencer. I feel for him and I wish him the best in his recovery.

I'm not a huge Spencer fan but I always thought he was a quality player that many under-rated because he wasn't posting huge sack numbers. I'm definately glad we didn't sign him to a big money deal because while I believed he was a quality player he wasn't a big money deal player, IMO.

Thankfully this time it didn't happen and now if he's not able to play again, which I understand is a possibility, then it doesn't hurt the Cowboys cap long term.

iceman117

Reaction score
We wasted $10M.

if Spencer was healthy right now and had 3 sacks, what would you have said??? they couldn't see this coming. Or if they let him walk and someone else signed him and he had 13 sacks for another team, Cowboys fans would be screaming.