Twitter: Official: Anthony Spencer out for rest of season - 09/24/13

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
No Spencer and no Ratliff are massive losses to this defense. Losing both for (presumably) the year is extremely concerning. At some point Landon Cohen and Selvie have to come down to earth, right?

mrmojo

Reaction score
The lines doing great now, just worried about depth as the season goes on. Ratliff will help once he gets healthy but need one more guy to maintain the quality of play they have shown so far.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
No Spencer and no Ratliff are massive losses to this defense. Losing both for (presumably) the year is extremely concerning. At some point Landon Cohen and Selvie have to come down to earth, right?

i think part of the reason we are doing well is that spencer and rat are not in the lineup.

Cohen is unemployed..

Selvie is the exact opposite who will probably thrive with this news..

Doomsay

Reaction score

I think that Cohen is gone but I agree, it would be nice to have Spencer in rotation with Selvie.

khiladi

Reaction score
He will be back for the Superbowl run. *Psst* deer antler spray

This is a myth... HGH and other PEDs can do nothing for ligaments. This is their fatal flaw, which is why those that use PEDs end up having issues in their late career. Muscles grow,but ligaments stay the same leading to wear and tear a lot earlier.

khiladi

Reaction score
10 million business decision..

played jerry like a drum.

neil peart on drums.

There is no guaranteed money, so what goes around comes around. Can't blame him. Dallas has it's own doctors to examine him before they sign him.

khiladi

Reaction score
The "bone bruise" is actually a broken bone injury. Chances are he actually came back too early, re-injured it in the last game, and is now done for the season.

I just heard micro-fracture. It's highly possible and it's all unreasonable speculation to assume they tried to hide it. This sounds more logical. I'm just disappointed cause I wanted to see what he could do in this new defense with Marinelli. The potential with him and a healthy Ware was something to look forward too. He was also playing for a new contract, so he had the motivation.

khiladi

Reaction score
so how much will he get?

No, I was just making a general statement in the NFL regarding contracts. Teams always take advantage of players In respect to contracts that aren't guaranteed. Let's not act like NFL teams are victims. Spencer negotiated well it looks like...

khiladi

Reaction score
This is a myth... HGH and other PEDs can do nothing for ligaments. This is their fatal flaw, which is why those that use PEDs end up having issues in their late career. Muscles grow,but ligaments stay the same leading to wear and tear a lot earlier.

Let me modify my statement, cause it may cause confusion. HGH has been shown to assist in fracture healing in studies, which is what Spencer has, but there are issues with it and all PEDs, ligaments being the primary issue. These imbalances lead to further issues down the road. Ligaments are not very flexible and when they do stretch, it's a bad sign, because they stabilize the joints. They don't regenerate in a manner muscles or bones to and if their is a rupture, they don't go back to their original state.

I personally don't see any issues with HGH for bone healing, because that is what medicine is suppose to do. But obviously, this has to be balanced with the PED issue. I'm not sure what the NFL stance is though in these scenarios...

Manster68

Reaction score
Okay Kyle Wilber, it is time for you to step up and earn your pay!

You keep charging Mr. Selvie. I sure would like to see you regarded more than your South Florida colleague Jason Pierre-Paul. Good luck buddy!

You too there Rayford. Let's see what you have!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Selvie for defensive MVP

No one shall ever question the consistency and fortitude of George Selvie.

jrumann59

Reaction score
our cap does'nt go up by 10 mil next year. he is on a franchise tag so he is not included in next years cap

Your right but it wont go down by 20 million if he had signed a long term deal and has to retire if the ** does not work.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Mother of God how is possible to miss the point of a post so badly.

shank

Reaction score
In a way, Dallas gets lucky here as there is no signing bonus to eat over next two years. Spencer easily could have gotten extended contract if his price wasn't so high. Personally, I think Dallas dodged a bullet financially and I think they needed to draft DE next year anyway.