***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucaBrasi

LucaBrasi Sleeps with the fishes

4,085 Messages
    3,418 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys may have clinched the NFC East the week before in Detroit. They had also won about 7 straight. Think Philly (Jim Johnson) had a good plan that day, of trying to keep Romo pinned in the pocket. Anyway, the score was something like 10-6 and Brian Westbrook kneeled down at the Dallas 1 yard line at the end rather than score, which was a really smart play because Dallas was out of timeouts and couldnt stop the clock.

2. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

819 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Was this the Jessica Simpson game? Anyway I remember it and Romo was wildly off. He was definitely worse in that game than against San Francisco, although both were bad. Romo basically had a handful of indiscriminate passes yesterday. Everything else was ok.

Idgit likes this.
  3. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

8,510 Messages
    10,889 Likes Received
    Considering that he is 35 and our team is much more than any QB away from winning a Super Bowl I would have to agree with you. In fact we will never win a Super Bowl with Witten either. Not because of either Romo or Witten but because we are not close enough to worry about a Super Bowl. We have many things that need improving to even worry about doing any damage in the playoffs.

4. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

55,836 Messages
    54,881 Likes Received
    Worst game I ever remember from him was the Buffalo 5-pick game, hands down. And we won it, anyway.

65fastback2plus2 likes this.
  5. pastordug

pastordug Active Member

206 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Back surgery is so difficult to recover from (coming from one who has had 2 surgeries). All you have to do is look at the performance of Tiger Woods in his first come back attempt. And his second. And now he looks to be DONE. I can't see Romo ever getting back to form (which imo wasn't much more than average anyway but different story). We had better be getting a plan B together...........

BoysFan4ever likes this.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    I think it is the worst game I can recall. It was not just the int it was the fact these were unforced mistakes. OL did a pretty solid job of protecting it was not as if OL player were pushed into his face not allowing him to step up. It was as I have said a few times his indecision and poor reads. The 1st int he had T. Williams open and on single coverage on the deep post yet went to Dez who was surrounded by defenders. I want him to take shots to Dez at time just as Troy would throw it up for Irvin knowing he would win some double team matchups but not when you have another target that was wide open.

7. NEODOG

NEODOG 44cowboys22

2,048 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    I didn't say benching Romo was my opinion either...... Just his thought process questioned? I can't for the life of me explain his thought process

Guess BP was more right when he said "let's not get out the annoinment oil just yet"

8. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,352 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
    There's no excuse for what Romo did yesterday, but some comments about him just disappoint me. I can understand being frustrated with the loss, especially if you think Romo is a "choker". I'm frustrated with the loss too. But some comments I've seen here and other Dallas websites are just uncalled for. I saw this on dallascowboys.com today -

[​IMG]

It's simply disappointing. I seriously don't know how a fan could think that way.

Vtwin and dstovall5 like this.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

9,151 Messages
    4,615 Likes Received
    If this is true, then Tony has not learned anything from his Cabo incident. FWIW, I think highly of Romo the football player but dislike his celebrity persona.

That guy ain't right in the head.

dstovall5 and DoctorChicken like this.
  10. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

10,665 Messages
    9,858 Likes Received
    But those guys won Super Bowls and made the playoffs. Their great games outweigh their poor performances.

11. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

5,795 Messages
    14,206 Likes Received
    Yesterday was his worst game by far. That pick in the end zone was the worst interception i have seen from him.

12. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

14,988 Messages
    7,576 Likes Received
    So do Tony's...by a lot.

Nav22 and Nation like this.
  13. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

3,159 Messages
    2,210 Likes Received
    As well as Romo's, don't really see what you're saying.

14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,958 Messages
    35,323 Likes Received
    Usually when Romo makes a mistake you will see a thousand people making excuses for him.

Yesterday was unexcusable and about the best excuse you can come up with is to blame the coaches for not letting him get himself prepared.

He looked straight high schoolish yesterday.

WillieBeamen and CF74 like this.
  15. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,638 Messages
    10,202 Likes Received
    Take your pick of any one of his "Do or Die" "Win or Go Home" blunders, but this one Finally woke up his Denial-OLogists....

16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    I don't know I make no excuses for Romo play I'm also not giving up on Romo. He had a bad game, now if this persist that would be a different story but I don't over react to 1 game.

17. d_dub88

d_dub88 Well-Known Member

756 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Buffalo. Monday night, but we won.

Idgit likes this.
  18. d_dub88

d_dub88 Well-Known Member

756 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Sorry did not see this before my post.

Idgit likes this.
  19. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Was that the 44-6 game? That one was pretty awful.

20. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,638 Messages
    10,202 Likes Received
    It's not just the mistakes but his inability to throw lasers in tight coverage anymore or the deep ball without receivers having to stop and wait for the ball. By Game 5 we shall see...

randy932 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.