***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This concerns me more than anything.....

On the multiple heaves down field into dbl/triple coverage. He did it 3 times that I saw, literally just threw it up for grabs. Reminds me of Aikman late in his career.....

That is not sound decision making..... Not even if it is the 1st game! I know everyone over reacts, including myself, but those heaves scare the Bee geez out of me-where the hell was his thought process.

Feel free the rematch the game.... I am not mistaken. Harris did catch one, but come on folks, this should scare even the most Romo proponents

I think the reason for that is he held it to long before throwing it down field, he needs to get rid of it a bit sooner.

alsmith

Reaction score
I have been a cowboys fan for over 40 years and have played football for years. After watching Romo at QB again make bad throws and again make bad decisions, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again. I have come to the conclusion that we will NEVER win a championship with this guy at QB. I have supported him for years and thought he would turn the corner as a QB after last year. But not until he sets his ego aside and quits trying to be the hero of the game on every play and play within game with what the offense can do and what the D gives him. Running the ball in the red zone and with 1 yard for the first and 2 yards for the TD, if we trust the OL and run the ball things like this will not happen over and over in games that he plays, like I said Romo took the victory out of this game and wanted to be the hero, but as usual he was nothing more than as usual, the goat... Go Cowboys.

Staubacher

Reaction score
To be fair all last season a LOT of people here and elsewhere were screaming for Romo to "just throw it up" to Dez in double coverage. It was wrong then and it is wrong now. We have a lot of weapons and they actually were being used and getting open. Tony's poor reads and decisions and the Murray fumble negated that.

The end zone pick was the biggest head-scratcher to me. For now I have to believe the Romo-was-rusty story and that his field vision and quick thinking were impaired as a result.

I do know historically that Tony bounces back after games like this and plays much smarter and controlled football. We'll find out in the next couple weeks...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This concerns me more than anything.....

On the multiple heaves down field into dbl/triple coverage. He did it 3 times that I saw, literally just threw it up for grabs. Reminds me of Aikman late in his career.....

That is not sound decision making..... Not even if it is the 1st game! I know everyone over reacts, including myself, but those heaves scare the Bee geez out of me-where the hell was his thought process.

Feel free the rematch the game.... I am not mistaken. Harris did catch one, but come on folks, this should scare even the most Romo proponents

I really think part of Linehan's philosophy is throwing the ball up for grabs deep in hopes that the receiver will win the battle or draw an interference (got used to doing that with Megatron). I don't think he wanted Romo to throw jump balls into triple coverage, but the one in double coverage to Dez and the one to Harris were probably part of the philosophy.

When we switched to Linehan, I expected to see more interceptions from Romo because of this. I did not expect to see Romo putting the ball up for grabs in the end zone, though, or in triple coverage (although I still don't think he saw the safety on that one).

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I was curious what his worst game, statistically was, so I looked it up. I think the garbage time helped pad his stats a bit, but this is what I think the worst one was.

12/16/2007 versus Philly at home: 13/36 214 yards 0 TDs and 3 INTs. I honestly don't even remember this game.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I was curious what his worst game, statistically was, so I looked it up. I think the garbage time helped pad his stats a bit, but this is what I think the worst one was.

12/16/2007 versus Philly at home: 13/36 214 yards 0 TDs and 3 INTs. I honestly don't even remember this game.

Pretty sure Dallas had everything wrapped up for post season and a lot of guys got dinged up in that game, including Romo.

The 5 INT game earlier in the season was pretty bad. They won the game though so you don't hear much about it.

fifaguy

Reaction score

Was that the game where we had to win to get into the playoffs?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Statistically worst is not the same as actual worst. There have been plenty of games that he came out of with decent stats, even though his play was not good.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

He's had some stinkers. Didn't check them all out as I believe you. Here's part of the nitty gritty:

Passing under pressure
Pressure Drop-backs Runs Att. Com. Com. % Yds Yds / Att. TD INT Sk NFL QB Rating Pff.com Rating
No pressure 27 1 26 8 30.8 113 4.3 0 3 0 6.2 -9.6
Plays under pressure 14 0 10 5 50.0 101 10.1 0 0 4 85.8 2.5
When not blitzed 25 1 22 6 27.3 111 5.0 0 3 2 8.5 -7.5
When blitzed16 0 14 7 50.0 103 7.4 0 0 2 74.4 0.4
All Plays 41 1 36 13 36.1 214 5.9 0 3 4 22.2 -7.1

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
TO had the high-ankle sprain and the end of the year, this offense was struggling. I'm not sure if this was one of those games when TO didn't play. I do remember the Commanders game at the end of the season, when they were trying to get Romo some passing record in the first half, but absolutely blew chunks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I do.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Bingo. Statistics NEVER tell you the whole story.

Both the game on the field and the statistics are beyond your reckoning, troll. Stay in your place.

Back to the topic, wasn't he much worse in the maiden voyage at Jerry World?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

Westbrook stopping at the one yard line when the Cowboys wanted him to score. Messed up a lot of fantasy playoff football.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Both the game on the field and the statistics are beyond your reckoning, troll. Stay in your place.

Back to the topic, wasn't he much worse in the maiden voyage at Jerry World?

Not looking it up but he has stunk it up a few times. I've seen Roger and Troy stink it up, too, although I don't think Troy had as many as Tony. Elway, Tarkenton, Unitas. Again doesn't excuse Tony just doesn't make him unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.