***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyuta

Reaction score
my honest opinion is that Romo is done,his back is messed,he cannot set his feet properly to climb into his throws.this will be his last season here.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
To me this was by far the worst and not even close because at no time did he start making plays that gave the team hope. He single handedly cost the team the game and looks like it could be the beginning of the end.

As many said there's no zip on his ball and he seems like he's trying to prove he's still got it when it looks like he might just wanna sit for 4 weeks and get his body 100% especially his arm strength. The audible at the 2 yard line was inexcusable.

A game manager may have win the game for us today and I would have been interested to see how Weeden would have done by just checking down and giving it to Murray.

links18

Reaction score
That was a truly awful performance from Romo today. Truly awful.......

wileedog

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big Romo defender but that is the worst I have ever seem him look in the pocket. He was skittish and indecisive. That 2nd INT 99 times out of 100 he fires that ball immediately on the slant to Harris who was definitely open and on the replay Romo was looking right at him. He just failed to pull the trigger, and then inexplicably lobs one into the end zone at no one in particular.

I think the back pain has finally gotten to him. Color me worried.

And p.s., for everyone trying to equate one game with his entire career - just stop.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
He was horrible today, missed a lot of reads, throws all over the place. Looked like he lacked zip on his throws as well

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I really hate being proven right.... But I said the restructure of Romo is a huge mistake.. And I've been clamoring for using a top pick on a QB...

Bizwah

Reaction score
He seemed confused. He had all day to throw. He would seem to go for a deep pass instead of check down. That's what happens when you don't play.

kevm3

Reaction score
there's no excuse for Romo this time. We gave him a new play-caller in Linehan. Murray rushed for over 100 yards. He has Dez, Beasley, WItten and Harris out there and the O-line gave him plenty of time. If we stink bad enough this year, we might actually get a successor in Mariota by landing the first round pick... but then again there's no guarantee we'll draft a qb because obviously the problem this year will be 'the defense.'

ghst187

Reaction score
I have to st least put serious blame on our delusional coaching staff. They should know by know to stop play calling like promo is tom brady or Peyton manning. Even more so in games like today when its apparent we
Are running it well anfand Promo is obviously not reading the defense correctly. Had we ttaken the game out of his hands earlier, we probably had a chance.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
A very un-Romo game. I can't think of a worse one offhand.

Eddie

Reaction score
We are seeing the end of his career. Age and injuries are taking its' toll. Such is life gents. Can we really expect a 34 year old QB to play like a 24 year old one?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a guess on whether Jerruh gives up draft picks for Manziel before week 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.