RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Altestic

Reaction score
I don't think he's a world beater but I never saw what many here saw in Chunn at all.
I wouldn't have kept Chunn either, he wasn't my pet cat or anything, but he was a better receiver and inside runner than Weber. Weber did zero. I would honestly have just stuck with Zeke/Pollard/Morris. 3 is enough. If you don't have Zeke, Jackson would have been my 3rd guy.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Chunn seems to have more ups side than D.Jackson, hopefully he will make the practice squad. Like another poster stated.. this seems like a real good sign that Zeke signing is imminent. Chunn is a load of back and should help keep our DL on their toes during practice. I only had hopes he’d make the 53 if Zeke wasn’t available. Hopefully, he continues to get better and can make the team next year to replace Morris.

That said, a trio of Zeke, Pollard, and Morris is more than solid RB group.

Altestic

Reaction score
didnt see him get enuff carries...liked him at ohio st....wouldnt hate it if he was RB3.
He's a slowback with no trucking ability and no receiving ability and can't pick up the blitz. PS project at best.

Altestic

Reaction score
Chunn seems to have more ups side than D.Jackson, hopefully he will make the practice squad. Like another poster stated.. this seems like a real good sign that Zeke signing is imminent. Chunn is a load of back and should help keep our DL on their toes during practice. I only had hopes he’d make the 53 if Zeke wasn’t available. Hopefully, he continues to get better and can make the team next year to replace Morris.

That said, a trio of Zeke, Pollard, and Morris is more than solid RB group.
Agreed. We don't need a 4th back if we have zeke and pollard which can both be bell cows (think Ingram and Kamara, but Zeke is better than Ingram).

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hope not. Weber is trash.
ddue played mostly in the 4th quarters and never got a true chance.. id lie to see him behind the Ones... lets remember the olines etc the 2nd halves of these games..we had TOO MANY RBs in the PS imo I believe if webber got more snaps with better Olinemen in front of him hes had better showing..

why do all the fans in here believe they know more then coaches who are making the cuts and keeping the ones they feel are best to add to the roster..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think this means a) Weber makes the team. I thought Weber played pretty well for a rookie running behind a poor 2nd/3rd/4th string OL in preseason running a very vanilla offense.
b) Chunn's rib injury will keep him out for a few weeks and might be why he was cut.
c) Zeke will be signing soon.

If/when Zeke comes back, Morris will be replaced by either Weber or Chunn in my opinion.

Iago33

Reaction score
George IIoka was cut yesterday. Go back to when we signed him during the offseason and see how many of the brainiacs here penciled him in as the starter. :laugh:
Well...anybody is better than Heath, right?

cowboyec

Reaction score
if they keep Weber that means they're definitely keeping Jackson over Olumba then. Draft pride over meritocracy. Yuck
doubt that...Olumba CLEARLY out played Jackson....but I didnt see Weber enuff to determine he's trash.
we'll see.