RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I've resigned myself to the fact that this team likes Morris (among others) way more than I do.
They only like him right now because he's the only veteran running back on the roster who knows the system and Zeke isn't in camp so I understand the move...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oakland and the fighting Grudens just signed Phillips. DARN!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They only like him right now because he's the only veteran running back on the roster who knows the system and Zeke isn't in camp so I understand the move...

I understand why they'd did it. I just disagree with it.

"Knowing the system" is one thing. Being a threat at running back is quite another. Morris brings nothing to the table in terms of skills that a hundred other backs don't have.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I understand why they'd did it. I just disagree with it.

"Knowing the system" is one thing. Being a threat at running back is quite another. Morris brings nothing to the table in terms of skills that a hundred other backs don't have.

I think when and if Zeke comes back, Morris will probably be let go since he doesn't play special teams to justify him on the roster

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think when and if Zeke comes back, Morris will probably be let go since he doesn't play special teams to justify him on the roster

I'm not so sure. As I recall, they kept just two guys, Pollard and Morris. I think Morris is the vet backup for this year. And if he's on the week one roster, his salary becomes guaranteed anyway. I'll just hope he doesn't see the field much.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Come on. There is now way anyone saw a roster spot for him.

You gotta be kidding. Some here had him replacing the "horrible" Jeff Heath as soon as he got here. But looky looky, Heath's still here!

Either Heath isn't "horrible" or the coaches are total idiots at judging players, no way they'd keep a "horrible" player if there was ANY other option if they weren't, or they feel that safety doesn't hold much value for the team, so they concentrate on other positions.

I get it, I don't think Heath is a great safety, I've repeatedly said that and according to many here he's awful, but my question still remains - if he's so bad, then the Cowboys couldn't find ANYBODY in the entire NFL, or college, or practice squads, to replace him?

That's all I'm asking, no need to re-hash stats or ratings or opinions, just asking a simple question...

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford is a career JAG who has gotten starter DL money.
Not sure what your point is. Wise would cost less & will give more. The kid is a stud who has been dominating throughout camp & preseason. Also, Crawford will be 30 soon. He's a decent backup, at best. Wise has the chance to be special.