RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think he's a world beater but I never saw what many here saw in Chunn at all.

Me neither. I'd rather roll the die on a kid that played and performed against elite college talent if there was no difference in how they performed this August. And frankly, I don't think Chunn outplayed Weber all that much.

Altestic

Reaction score
doubt that...Olumba CLEARLY out played Jackson....but I didnt see Weber enuff to determine he's trash.
we'll see.
meritocracy would be ... Chunn or Jackson > Weber, and Olumba > Jackson.

But Jackson was a 5th round pick. Weber was a 7th. If the Cowboys kept Weber "because he's a draft pick" then they would definitely keep Jackson. Over Olumba who like Chunn was a UDFA from a previous year.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Hope not. Weber is trash.

Stating Weber is trash is classic ‘knee jerk’ commentary. I’ll concede that He could have looked better running, but let’s not forget the make shift OL he typically was running behind when he got his chances. I’m sure he’d look better with our starting OL.

Not to mention, Weber actually showed some skills when he was spread out in space catching balls out the back field.

He sounds like a perfect practice squad player imo.

Altestic

Reaction score
didnt say he was a lock.
just said they seem to like him.
we'll see.
He's not very good at his job, which is defense/linebacker. You don't keep JAGs just because of special teams in today's league. ST is about not screwing up, not being some star. Anybody can play ST if they're willing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
meritocracy would be ... Chunn or Jackson > Weber, and Olumba > Jackson.

But Jackson was a 5th round pick. Weber was a 7th. If the Cowboys kept Weber "because he's a draft pick" then they would definitely keep Jackson. Over Olumba who like Chunn was a UDFA from a previous year.
not really.
I think Olumba has some support in the room from Richard...plus how much he has improved.
but if this season comes down to RB3...we're in trouble.
I think they go with Weber behind Zeke and Pollard.
maybe they don't.
we'll see.

warroom

Reaction score
Our 2019 backfield. Just because...
  1. Zeke
  2. Tony Pollard
  3. LeSean McCoy [two year deal - He plays special teams]

cowboyec

Reaction score
He's not very good at his job, which is defense/linebacker. You don't keep JAGs just because of special teams in today's league. ST is about not screwing up, not being some star. Anybody can play ST if they're willing.
I would have kept Phillips,personally.
Covington seems snake bit w/injuries....yet the people who cover this team continue to mention how much the coaches like Covington.
we'll soon know if thats true.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Our 2019 backfield. Just because...
  1. Zeke
  2. Tony Pollard
  3. LeSean McCoy [two year deal - He plays special teams]

Morris already knows the offense and his contract is guaranteed. $1mil

McCoy is older and a lot more miles on his legs, not to mention.. his ypc is less than Morris. McCoy of 5 years ago was prob better, but he’s not $5-6mil better than Morris now.

A lil secret: ITS NOT HAPPENING.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would have kept Phillips,personally.
Covington seems snake bit w/injuries....yet the people who cover this team continue to mention how much the coaches like Covington.
we'll soon know if thats true.
Ok Will.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well...anybody is better than Heath, right?

Heath has been the only playmaker we’ve had back there which keeps him around. He’s had 8 career INT’s and 5 FFs. Compare that to everyone else.

Altestic

Reaction score
not really.
I think Olumba has some support in the room from Richard...plus how much he has improved.
but if this season comes down to RB3...we're in trouble.
I think they go with Weber behind Zeke and Pollard.
maybe they don't.
we'll see.
Weber as RB3? Heck no. I'd rather keep an extra DL or CB and play Olawale there if necessary.

Sydla

Reaction score
Both. Keep 7 CBs and 11 DLs. 5 WRs, 3 TEs, 2 QBs, 8 OL, 6 LB, 3 HB, 1 FB.

You need more than 8 OL especially with Smith and Martin battling back injuries, Collins battling a shoulder and Frederick coming back from an auto-immune disease.