RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It hit him in the hand and then ended up on the endzone turf. The End.

Should have kept Wise over the 11th offensive lineman. DLines rotate, OLinemen play the whole game, so why not have 11 DLinemen instead? Stupid management. Though Conor McGregor and Brevin Knight are going to IR hopefully tomorrow.
He isn't talking about the Tampa Bay game. It was the 49ers game that White missed wide open Wilson for a TD and a couple that Wilson could have scored if the ball wasn't so far behind him

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My 2 cents...

The only 2 surprises to me are Wilson and Wise. Credit Devin Smith for coming in and earning a job. Wilson was the casualty. Surprised they went light at WR.

I expected them to keep Wilson, but not so surprised about going light on WR. Pollard and Olawale are both kind of WRs. I thought they might want Wilson for redzone, but maybe they like the TEs more.

They probably figure that there is a good chance they can get Wilson to the PS. 6th round injured pick who missed last season because of injury. He's everyone's pet cat here, but other teams would be signing him for *next* year, as he's never had a camp with them. He's just not worth as much to other teams as he is to us.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm not sure holding on to a player just because other teams are interested in him is the way to go. I would have kept a player who might have a future with the team over one that I'm shopping.

I assume Looney is the guy they're looking at dealing. So we don't cut *him* regardless. We're keeping the downroster guys with futures because we like them and they can backfill Looney.

Also because a couple guys are probably headed for IR.

We won't know the real 53 til all the IRs are done.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Interesting moves……………..a couple of the cuts are surprising, like Wise.

More moves to be made still, so the roster is still a work in progress. A couple of guys to IR, Zeke being added to the roster if a deal is reached this weekend, maybe a trade or two.

I will withhold judgement until the final roster is set, but so far we are looking solid.;)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, if the Elliott deal is imminent I would have cut Morris. But I guess it isn't done, so...

I've resigned myself to the fact that this team likes Morris (among others) way more than I do.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I've resigned myself to the fact that this team likes Morris (among others) way more than I do.
Without Zeke you want Morris on this team. While not the running back he used to be he is by far the best blocking back we have right now. And even if they claimed, traded or signed a newly FA back, they would not be ready for game one especially with blocking assignments. You want to blame someone for Morris, blame Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without Zeke you want Morris on this team. While not the running back he used to be he is by far the best blocking back we have right now. And even if they claimed, traded or signed a newly FA back, they would not be ready for game one especially with blocking assignments. You want to blame someone for Morris, blame Zeke.

If I have to "blame" someone, I'll blame the team. For once again going the "comfortable" route, and re-signing a mediocre running back in Alfred Morris who lacks any special qualities, simply because he's a "great guy that they knew".

They had weeks to prepare and this is what they've chosen to do.
:thumbdown:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that play, and therefore that game, cost us three draft spots and Derwin James. Since we weren't making the playoffs that year regardless.
I was frustrated at moving down in the draft as well (after beating Philly's back-ups in the last game), but after everything is said and done, we picked LVE, and Derwin James is on IR.

So I think it's fair to say things worked out in the end.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that all of the decent roster cuts in this league of real value got put on their teams IR????

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If I have to "blame" someone, I'll blame the team. For once again going the "comfortable" route, and re-signing a mediocre running back in Alfred Morris who lacks any special qualities, simply because he's a "great guy that they knew".

They had weeks to prepare and this is what they've chosen to do.
:thumbdown:

What a surprise. If the team believes they will get Zeke signed fairly early in the year, then why spend Resources on a temp problem? Makes zero sense to do that. They spent resources during the draft to try and fix the back up rb position. So now you want them to spend even more so your inflated ego can sit back and say ahhh! Morris is the best option for the situation they are in. Period.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a surprise. If the team believes they will get Zeke signed fairly early in the year, then why spend Resources on a temp problem? Makes zero sense to do that. They spent resources during the draft to try and fix the back up rb position. So now you want them to spend even more so your inflated ego can sit back and say ahhh! Morris is the best option for the situation they are in. Period.

Yep. It’s all about my “inflated ego”. Turn things personal when you disagree with someone. Classy move.

By the way, I never said anything about spending resources. You can likely sign a back at cheaper than what Morris costs. But don’t let facts or truth interfere with personal attacks.