RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They may well bring him back in week 2. Then nothing is guaranteed.... If he is on roster week 1 I think his whole salary is guaranteed Cos he is a vested vet....

We literally never do this.

Yet people always talk about us doing it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At this very moment, they stand at 76. 23 more to go.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They may well bring him back in week 2. Then nothing is guaranteed.... If he is on roster week 1 I think his whole salary is guaranteed Cos he is a vested vet....
I don't think there is a reunion in Dallas. He burned some bridges after he left for D.C.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was really difficult to get much insight on the abilities of the RBs other than Pollard this preseason.

The blocking by the 2nd/3rd/4th string OL was just too ugly.

Of the group of Jackson/Chunn/Weber I prefer Weber.
I didn’t walk away a fan of any of the three, but I thought maybe special teams would favor Chunn or Jackson.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't think there is a reunion in Dallas. He burned some bridges after he left for D.C.

I think it is less about burned bridges and more about him being 5'10" and not a good fit in a Richard-style backfield

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Stats show he had 5 carries for 7 yards, and 3 receptions for 33 yards. I recall one very nice play I was thinking was a run, but it must have been a reception.
really, he must had had a couple called back then. I was only paying half attention

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is less about burned bridges and more about him being 5'10" and not a good fit in a Richard-style backfield
And more still about Scandrick being too old and expensive to be the #5 CB on the Cowboys.

jrumann59

Reaction score
making-a-roux-1.jpg

A dark roux or a blonde roux I guess the only difference is how long you keep the heat on...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
really, he must had had a couple called back then. I was only paying half attention
He may have. There was one where he ran into the line and got stuffed then bounced out for a long gain. Maybe it was a shuffle pass and didn’t hit the rushing yards.