***Official Day TWO draft thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jerry meant it when he said RB wasn't a need in the draft. No smoke screens from that guy, he tells you exactly how they see it. They think DMF is just as good Murray. It will be sad if RB is the weakest link on our team with such a good oline.

Any one of 500.....

Lol

superonyx

Reaction score
you're not looking for just a swing tackle, you're looking for a soon to be starter replacing an aging over priced tackle...how many draft picks has dallas used in later rounds on offensive linemen that haven't worked out??

Easy....didn't you know we have the best offensive line in the game...how can you speak about a member of this line that can turn a scrub RB into the offensive player of the year.

jnday

Reaction score
No they would not have started. In addition, Wehave DTs on the roster that haven't even played yet (or very little). DT is not a glaring need. A swing tackle is a HUGE need. You HAVE to have one.

I think I had rather gambled on the murder suspect from LSU.

Sydla

Reaction score
you're not looking for just a swing tackle, you're looking for a soon to be starter replacing an aging over priced tackle...how many draft picks has dallas used in later rounds on offensive linemen that haven't worked out??

No idea but people keep referencing we had to replace our very important swing tackle in Parnell...... who was a UDFA.

I don't think it was necessary to spend a third rounder on an OL.

esloan

Reaction score

Luckily the Cowboys agreed with me. You guys need to get it in your head, AP is not coming here. Not unless he is willing to substantially cut his contract and the Vikings are willing to part with him for a fourth or fifth or less.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No idea but people keep referencing we had to replace our very important swing tackle in Parnell...... who was a UDFA.

I don't think it was necessary to spend a third rounder on an OL.

Swing tackle was a need with Parnell leaving, Leary is an undrafted free agent...it's about value and Dallas scouts valued Green at that position in the draft...I have no problem, I wanted a defensive tackle or offensive tackle taken at 91....don't know a lot about Green but from I read, sounds like a very solid pick who can play tackle and guard, that's versatility..and coaches at Florida love him

Sydla

Reaction score
Luckily the Cowboys agreed with me. You guys need to get it in your head, AP is not coming here. Not unless he is willing to substantially cut his contract and the Vikings are willing to part with him for a fourth or fifth or less.

Ummmm. I know AP isn't coming and long have said it was a real long shot. So not sure what your point is.

My only point is AP would be far more valuable to this team than Chaz Green.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Green had second round grades, but he has had health issues.

Source? I haven't seen anything that said he was higher than a 5th round prospect with a CHANCE to become an NFL starter. He wasn't even listed among the top 15 OT's still available when we drafted!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I remember all too well when Columbo's injuries finally did him in; when Leonard Davis couldn't play any longer; when we were starting scrubs at tackle and on the line in general. Count me as a fan that doesn't want to revisit that house of horrors. I bet Romo feels the same way. Without a good backup tackle, your QB is one OL injury away from being neutered, or worse.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Easy....didn't you know we have the best offensive line in the game...how can you speak about a member of this line that can turn a scrub RB into the offensive player of the year.

and Doug Free missed the last seven games of the season and Parnell had to play.....you're offensive line is only as good when they're no injury to one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.