***Official Draft Thread Day One***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I mean its a nice safe pick, but......come on. In the scheme of things........I mean this team looks like it's not going to the playoffs next year, but it's going to have a nice young line tho.

You know we have 10 more picks in the draft. Yes building a solid foundation along the OL is big for now and the future of this club. There will still be some very good defensive players in rd 2 and on

manster4ever

Reaction score
Once in a life time QB does not fall to 16, there is a reason johnny football and bridgewater dropped. You guys over hype these guys

very true...even Mayock was drinking the Kool AId...lost some cred with me when he said: "Dallas can PUT SOME PACKAGES in for JF and take advantage of his running

DanManJ

Reaction score
What the hell? So we are putting all our marbles with Romo?

We are screwed, once in a lifetime QB, and we pass him up. What the......

Hey I got some bad news for you. Your so called "Once in a lifetime QB" is getting dumped by every team, not just the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Smith Leary/Bearn Frederick Martin Free

Best Cowboys line in 20 years. Best line in the league.

It certainly has a great chance of shaping up to be that. Now, we just need to trade back into the first round and get Demarcus Lawrence.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
  • Don't worry guys ...we can still grab Johnny in the 2nd

Wouldn't be completely shocked to see us come back in for him. Looks like almost every team is trying to trade down.. could be a discount available.

Tawney88

Reaction score
What an absolutely sickening pick. You HAVE to go safety there if you don't take Manziel. The two best safeties were on the board and you pass on them for a freaking offensive lineman.... Jerry never fails to disappoint me

I'm very critical of Jerry he's ruined the team in my opinion. He made the right pick here.

I'd like to see them trade back into the first though to get Pryor or a DE

KB1122

Reaction score
Offensive line is overrated by football obsessives. It's like the music critics who always review the deep cuts and never the singles to prove how much they know.

manster4ever

Reaction score
So who else thought it'd be Martin? I came around late, but as of yesterday, I came on here and said Martin...he'll be solid fellas, you'll like him. He's a little better version of Frederick...trust me.

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
You know we have 10 more picks in the draft. Yes building a solid foundation along the OL is big for now and the future of this club. There will still be some very good defensive players in rd 2 and on

Yeah, understood.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
very true...even Mayock was drinking the Kool AId...lost some cred with me when he said: "Dallas can PUT SOME PACKAGES in for JF and take advantage of his running

If all Jones was interested in was putting people in the stadium he would have taken Johnny Football, this pick in my view was a real football move.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm very critical of Jerry he's ruined the team in my opinion. He made the right pick here.

I'd like to see them trade back into the first though to get Pryor or a DE

Ward would nice...though I really want a DE or DT

Status
Not open for further replies.