*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

apickmans

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394038 said:
14, 168, 1

that's the receptions, yards and TDs given up by Chris Houston against Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem combined

Are you kidding me???! Where is Houston gonna get picked now? How has he not gotten more attention than Hall or Revis and those guys before the combine?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1394058 said:
Yes, I would be upset. This is a draft loaded with talent at 'tweener and WR (both positions of relative need) and you want to get bottom of the barrel on both. Makes no sense.

Also, some sites are listing Moore's combine 40 time as a 5.0. No, dude, this would not be a successful first day.

Laurent Robinson averaged 17.5 yards per catch his final 2 years, scored 19 times in the same time-frame, and is a stud physically, I don't know how you could dismiss him and say the class is loaded w/ talent at WR

Jay Moore may not be fast in a straight-line, but he's extremely quick and just makes plays, plus a report is out that alot of people like him at the Combine

thor_01

Reaction score
Hostile;1394044 said:
Love the new avatar.

thanks, i finally complained long enough about not being able to find the right one, that the wife designed that one for me.................

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I would be. Call me crazy, but I believe that we dont need first round picks at every position in the secondary.

fortdick

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1394105 said:
I would be. Call me crazy, but I believe that we dont need first round picks at every position in the secondary.

:hammer: :thankyou:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i dont like the fact about picking up guys because of solid combine numbers. it helps but i'd rather take guys who made it happen on the field.

i would be mad about that first day except for jay moore. would like him in dallas. if dallas didnt have the other 3 De's they already have. and they didnt have ellis and carp too

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394245 said:
i dont like the fact about picking up guys because of solid combine numbers. it helps but i'd rather take guys who made it happen on the field.

i would be mad about that first day except for jay moore. would like him in dallas. if dallas didnt have the other 3 De's they already have. and they didnt have ellis and carp too

did you read the #s on the amount of receptions, yards and TD, I just posted, given up by Houston, combined, against the likes of Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem this year? and Robinson was pretty productive, 17.5 ypc his final 2 years, and 19 TDs in same span

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394251 said:
did you read the #s on the amount of receptions, yards and TD, I just posted, given up by Houston, combined, against the likes of Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem this year? and Robinson was pretty productive, 17.5 ypc his final 2 years, and 19 TDs in same span

me i'd have hughes over houston

and gonzalez over robinson.

in both rounds

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394258 said:
me i'd have hughes over houston

and gonzalez over robinson.

in both rounds

so a cover-2 corner over a man-coverage corner, when Wade Phillips likes to use alot of man?

and I'd take Gonzo over Robinson too, but he won't be around mid-2nd IMO

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394272 said:
so a cover-2 corner over a man-coverage corner, when Wade Phillips likes to use alot of man?

and I'd take Gonzo over Robinson too, but he won't be around mid-2nd IMO

i seen alot of cal games. and i seen hughes cover plenty of man on man. and did u not see him during the sr bowl? and that week of practice? i'd go on that evaluation over all this 40 time nonsense anyday and evenmoreso on gameday

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394290 said:
i seen alot of cal games. and i seen hughes cover plenty of man on man. and did u not see him during the sr bowl? and that week of practice? i'd go on that evaluation over all this 40 time nonsense anyday and evenmoreso on gameday

I saw the Senior Bowl, and I saw David Irons stand out more as a man-cover corner than Hughes, read all the draft reports you want, you'll see shutdown next to Houston, not so much for Hughes

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394297 said:
I saw the Senior Bowl, and I saw David Irons stand out more as a man-cover corner than Hughes, read all the draft reports you want, you'll see shutdown next to Houston, not so much for Hughes

in college im sure he was a shutdown. in the nfl? he's a penalty waiting to happen.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I think that is a couple of rounds too early for Robinson. I really like the guy, but not in the second.

I think that is early for Jay Moore as well.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394038 said:
14, 168, 1

that's the receptions, yards and TDs given up by Chris Houston against Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem combined
Just to put things in perspective...When Arkansas played against USC, it was a blowout by USC and Booty and Jarrett didn't even play 4th quarter, also, Booty was spreading the ball around, he connected with nine different receivers on that day.

Not saying Houston doesn't deserve the accolades, just saying those numbers doesn't show entire picture.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1394343 said:
Just to put things in perspective...When Arkansas played against USC, it was a blowout by USC and Booty and Jarrett didn't even play 4th quarter, also, Booty was spreading the ball around, he connected with nine different receivers on that day.

Not saying Houston doesn't deserve the accolades, just saying those numbers doesn't show entire picture.

fair enough, but the biggest day a WR to gain more than 65 yards on Houston was Sidney Rice