*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394346 said:
fair enough, but the biggest day a WR had against Houston last year was Sidney Rice w/ something like 68 yards

i'd like to know where u got the stats of who houston was covering and how many yrds he gave up a game because i've been looking on espn and they dont show who was covering on receptions. so do u know for a fact he only covered the best wr? or are u guessing that he was on them all game? because as u know teams do move their players around.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394360 said:
i'd like to know where u got the stats of who houston was covering and how many yrds he gave up a game because i've been looking on espn and they dont show who was covering on receptions. so do u know for a fact he only covered the best wr? or are u guessing that he was on them all game? because as u know teams do move their players around.

I read it wrong, it's supposed to be the only WR who gained more than 65 yards on Houston was Rice, not what you have quoted, and I'm getting it from Arkansas fans and/or who saw a majority of his games, the stat about Meachem, Jarrett and Bowe came from NFLDraftCountdown.com, on his profile

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Since he's dropping...:D ...I'd be pissed...Because it didn't include.

http://img125.*************/img125/7979/tedginnjruo3.png

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394368 said:
I read it wrong, it's supposed to be the only WR who gained more than 65 yards on Houston was Rice, not what you have quoted, and I'm getting it from Arkansas fans and/or who saw a majority of his games, the stat about Meachem, Jarrett and Bowe came from NFLDraftCountdown.com, on his profile

well hecould have very well gave up more yrds right? i dont think he covered any of them the full game. so basically he gave up 65 yrds on partial coverage you could assume right? thats not as good as it seems if u look at it like that. and to think he probably gave up a few more passes to other wr's during the game. he's decent, but i'd still pick hughes over him. im not into the flavor of the combine type players.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
chris houston played little his sophmore season and only his sr yr. had 38tackles, 7 assisted tackles and 3 int

daymeion hughes had 37 tackles with 35 assissts. with 8 ints

numbers and production speak volums

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394376 said:
well hecould have very well gave up more yrds right? i dont think he covered any of them the full game. so basically he gave up 65 yrds on partial coverage you could assume right? thats not as good as it seems if u look at it like that. and to think he probably gave up a few more passes to other wr's during the game. he's decent, but i'd still pick hughes over him. im not into the flavor of the combine type players.

that's all well and good, except for the fact that you have nothing to base that off of

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394384 said:
chris houston played little his sophmore season and only his sr yr. had 38tackles, 7 assisted tackles and 3 int

daymeion hughes had 37 tackles with 35 assissts. with 8 ints

numbers and production speak volums

tell that to Ty Detmer

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394389 said:
that's all well and good, except for the fact that you have nothing to base that off of

exactly like u dont on saying he's a shutdown guy

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I could live with Houston in the 1st. He reminds me of Dunta Robinson, who seemingly came out of nowhere and became a very high 1st round pick.

In the 2nd round I'd prefer USC WR Steve Smith. He would be an ideal slot receiver and could take over the #2 spot when Terry Glenn is ready to hang em up.

3rd round, and this might be a reach, but I'd take a chance on Brian Robison of Texas. Looks like he could be stud OLB in the 3-4 and would bring pressure opposite DeMarcus Ware.

I'd really like to see us somehow make a move to get into the top 8 and take LaRon Landry, the FS from LSU. He is going to be an All Pro safety. Maybe we can trade our 1st as well as our 2008 1st. Normally, I hate trading future picks but next year's draft looks pretty weak.

More than anything I'm jsut glad to be talking Cowboys' football. :star:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;1394607 said:
I could live with Houston in the 1st. He reminds me of Dunta Robinson, who seemingly came out of nowhere and became a very high 1st round pick.

In the 2nd round I'd prefer USC WR Steve Smith. He would be an ideal slot receiver and could take over the #2 spot when Terry Glenn is ready to hang em up.

3rd round, and this might be a reach, but I'd take a chance on Brian Robison of Texas. Looks like he could be stud OLB in the 3-4 and would bring pressure opposite DeMarcus Ware.

I'd really like to see us somehow make a move to get into the top 8 and take LaRon Landry, the FS from LSU. He is going to be an All Pro safety. Maybe we can trade our 1st as well as our 2008 1st. Normally, I hate trading future picks but next year's draft looks pretty weak.

More than anything I'm jsut glad to be talking Cowboys' football. :star:

lol funny i mentioned smith before the season finished and i got this kind of response " smith is so slow its pathetic" hahaha

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think he ran a 4.4 at the combine. Plus, if people have watched any USC football the past 3 years they would have seen all of the huge plays he's made.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
apickmans;1394000 said:
this Houston kid is gonna be a stud. I know the Skins were talking to him at the combine, which doesnt mean much but still. I dont know whats more impressive.......his 40 time or the fact he repped 27 times.

Chris Houston = Ahmad Carroll.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Arkansas games.....my sister's family lives in Bentonville, and the Hogs are IT down there.

Houston is not all that. He will not be a true shut down guy. He's a solid CB, with fantastic numbers....Now, those numbers do mean that he has the POTENTIAL to get better. But right now, he's not a guy I'd salivate over.

Another thing to note....Arkansas led the SEC (and the nation, I believe) in rushing offense. They held the ball forever. Opposing teams didn't have a chance to really get into their offense.

So, to make a long story short....I wouldn't like that first day. Houston would be tolerable, but Robinson in the second? Let's be careful not to fall too much in love with forty times. That's what got us into trouble in the past.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i dont really know anything about any of the guys in ur draft......I know that CB kid is supposed to be pretty good. BTW, in your original post you made it seem like Jarrett played in the SEC...I am sure u know what Conference he is in.....just the wording was off a bit.

I would prefer my draft to yours......no offense.....

trade down in the first and add a 3rd and 6th

1 - G/T Justin Blalock Texas
2 - WR Anthony Gonzalez tOSU
3 - DT Kareem Brown the U
3 - OLB Brian Robison Texas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Teague31;1394669 said:
Chris Houston = Ahmad Carroll.

It took you a whole two seconds to make the Arkansas connection.

Very good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LatinMind;1394290 said:
i seen alot of cal games. and i seen hughes cover plenty of man on man. and did u not see him during the sr bowl? and that week of practice? i'd go on that evaluation over all this 40 time nonsense anyday and evenmoreso on gameday

His workout at the Combine should tell you one thing. Even if the numbers don't scare you.

He wasn't prepared for a very big event in relation to his career.

I'd want nothing to do with him for that simple fact.

That is what people lose perspective about the workouts.

The best rise to the occasion. If he's the best, he should have been prepared. Or been like many others, skip the workouts so you can weigh things in your favor.

The fact he participated and was a joke, that is not something to simply wave off.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Alexander;1394979 said:
His workout at the Combine should tell you one thing. Even if the numbers don't scare you.

He wasn't prepared for a very big event in relation to his career.

I'd want nothing to do with him for that simple fact.

That is what people lose perspective about the workouts.

The best rise to the occasion. If he's the best, he should have been prepared. Or been like many others, skip the workouts so you can weigh things in your favor.

The fact he participated and was a joke, that is not something to simply wave off.

I agree.....the Combine is a job interview....if you show you aren't prepared or have a sour attitude.....then be prepared to lose out on a lot of money that could have gone your way had you been professional...had you prepared....had you come in with an open mind and a positive demeanor.....had you been willing to do everything they asked of you to the very best of your ability.

Brian Robison did and his stock will definitely rise, as did Lorenzo Booker.....and many others.

Hughes is another Golden Bear prima donna......