*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Bizwah;1394711 said:
I've watched a lot of Arkansas games.....my sister's family lives in Bentonville, and the Hogs are IT down there.

Houston is not all that. He will not be a true shut down guy. He's a solid CB, with fantastic numbers....Now, those numbers do mean that he has the POTENTIAL to get better. But right now, he's not a guy I'd salivate over.

Another thing to note....Arkansas led the SEC (and the nation, I believe) in rushing offense. They held the ball forever. Opposing teams didn't have a chance to really get into their offense.

So, to make a long story short....I wouldn't like that first day. Houston would be tolerable, but Robinson in the second? Let's be careful not to fall too much in love with forty times. That's what got us into trouble in the past.

I watched almost all the Arkansas games. Houston is the real deal. He is a heck of a lot closer to a shutdown corner than Aaron Ross from UT. He is the best man to man cover corner I remember seeing for a while. A much different player from Carrol who was a great athlete but never great in man coverage. Houston will start as a rookie and have a good long career in the NFL.

And also Arkansas didn't always dominate time of possesion because a lot of those rushing yards came of 80 yard sprints from both Jones (pure speed) and McFadden (beautiful stiff-arm).

Woods

Reaction score
have some down time before FA begins?

Two Major Assumptions:

1. We re-sign Colombo, and
2. We sign an OG in FA

Round 1
C. Houston, CB, Arkansas (alt. A. Ross, CB, Texas)

Round 2
L. Woodley, OLB, Michigan
Woodley would play OLB in Wade's 34

Round 3
A. Allison, WR, E. Carolina (alt. P. Williams, WR or S. Smith, WR USC)

Round 4
Doug Free, OT, N. Illinois
Free would be groomed to play LT and would provide some depth along with McQuisten. Think Free could also play either OT position, giving us some versatility.

Round 5
J. Beck, QB, BYU
Beck would be brought along slowly, like Romo. Hopefully, we pick up a solid veteran QB in FA for Beck to learn from.

Round 6
A. M Wrotto, OG, Georgia Tech
Wrotto needs development work at OG, but he has the tools. Assuming we sign an OG in FA, Wrotto could be given a year or two to improve his skills.

B. P. Soliai, NT, Utah
Soliai competes versus M. Stanley as a back-up to Fergy.

Round 7
A. Nate Ilaoa, RB, Hawaii
Robert Newhouse's stature. He appears to have some receiving skills as well. I don't know if he lasts this long, but I thought I'd throw him in here.

B. J. Ford, LB, Central Arkansas
Again, this may be too late for him. But basically taking another LB prospect who Wade can groom for his defense.

C. M. Allan, TE, Whitworth
Had 53 receptions for 1,100 yards for a 20.8 avg (and 9 TDs). Maybe could also be used as an H-Back?

Feedback welcome.

Not sure if several of these players will last this long, but please feel free to give alternatives.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I like the Round 1 pick but Round 2 not so much. I don't think we need another OLB with Ellis, Carpenter, Ware, and Burnett.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1395365 said:

Two Major Assumptions:

2. We sign an OG in FA

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4
Free would be groomed to play LT and would provide some depth along with McQuisten. Think Free could also play either OT position, giving us some versatility.

Round 5
J. Beck, QB, BYU
Beck would be brought along slowly, like Romo. Hopefully, we pick up a solid veteran QB in FA for Beck to learn from.

Round 6
Wrotto needs development work at OG, but he has the tools. Assuming we sign an OG in FA, Wrotto could be given a year or two to improve his skills.

B. P. Soliai, NT, Utah

Round 7
Robert Newhouse's stature. He appears to have some receiving skills as well. I don't know if he lasts this long, but I thought I'd throw him in here.

Again, this may be too late for him. But basically taking another LB prospect who Wade can groom for his defense.

Had 53 receptions for 1,100 yards for a 20.8 avg (and 9 TDs). Maybe could also be used as an H-Back?

Feedback welcome.

Not sure if several of these players will last this long, but please feel free to give alternatives.
Will Beck last until the 5th round?!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Round 7

I love that pick.

Only got to see him play a couple of times but boy was he impressive.

Looked like a cannon ball.

And with picking him with one of 3 7th round picks it is not much of a risk to see what he could do for us. No I have no illusions he would be a future full time starter but still I bet he would become a fan favorite if he got a few touches here and there.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Round 5
J. Beck, QB, BYU

Id love this pick, but he wont be there in 5, book it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think Jones just said the other day they were leaning towards leaving Henry at CB, which to me means there is no way our 1st rd pick with be a CB

David

Woods

Reaction score
dbair1967;1395396 said:
I think Jones just said the other day they were leaning towards leaving Henry at CB, which to me means there is no way our 1st rd pick with be a CB

David

I must have missed that comment by JJ. Don't remember him alluding to that at all.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That would be an outstanding draft. Then I would wake up from my dream.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Woods;1395405 said:
I must have missed that comment by JJ. Don't remember him alluding to that at all.

He mentioned we would not rule it out, but it was not definite.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Looks good except for round one. I'd rather have Hughes or Revis. My first preference is Reggie Nelson, as I feel he could play CB in the NFL.

I like the Woodley pick alot as well.

adamknite

Reaction score
I'd like to get a receiver in the second round and LB in the third, but other than that not bad at all.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Looks damn good to me. I'd be very pleased. Maybe exchange Houston for one of the other CBs, it's whatever.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;1395365 said:

Two Major Assumptions:

2. We sign an OG in FA

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5
J. Beck, QB, BYU

Round 6

B. P. Soliai, NT, Utah

Round 7

Feedback welcome.

I would fall down and worship you to assure this.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;1395541 said:
I would fall down and worship you to assure this.

I think the first 3 picks are definitely plausible.

Woodley is apparently falling a little bit because he didn't do much at the Combine in terms of running, drills, etc.

In the 1st, I'd think that either one of the two CBs I mentioned would be there.

And in the 3rd, several good WRs should be around.

It gets a bit hairy Day 2, IMO.

adamknite

Reaction score
Woods;1395560 said:
I think the first 3 picks are definitely plausible.

Woodley is apparently falling a little bit because he didn't do much at the Combine in terms of running, drills, etc.

In the 1st, I'd think that either one of the two CBs I mentioned would be there.

And in the 3rd, several good WRs should be around.

It gets a bit hairy Day 2, IMO.

Yeah day 2 of the NFL draft is pretty much teams just taking whoever they want, not thinking too much about draft position. It is a lot harder to try and guess who teams are going to take day 2 IMO, it's a mess.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Woods;1395405 said:

It was Monday I think...was probably in both Dallas papers

David