Official Game Thread...Vikings

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If we did not have 12:00 Time of posession in first quarter. It would be 8 Td'S.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Not for nothing, BUT...and this isn't sour grapes....I think I'd rather lose with our guys than win with a bunch of JERKS like the Viking players...

dpf1123

Reaction score
Gee I wonder if our pass defense will be a problem this year?

I'm not sure yet.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Not for nothing, BUT...and this isn't sour grapes....I think I'd rather lose with our guys than win with a bunch of JERKS like the Viking players...

I'll go along with that Juke. ;)

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
But I also think we were outcoached.

Maybe so. But that's not because Tice and his guys did anything special. It's because Tuna and Zimmer were awful.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

What happened?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well fellas, I'm thinking we should have just put Newman on Moss all day and took our chances.

Why, Newman couldn't shut down his side of the field, what makes you think that he could shut down Moss? Or is giving up 2 td's to Moss not enough?

dpf1123

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

You know...I always think that same thing when we're getting whooped, but then I think if you reversed the score we would act just as bad.

Of course we'd have to score 35 points and that hasn't happened since I don't know when.

Mash

Reaction score
Hunter.....Edwards.....it doesn't matter......Newman even has looked average....we have no pass rush.

Our defence was overrated last year.....stats were misleading.

We have a long way to go. The offence has looked pretty good....passing anyways.

Parcells made some questionable decisions with personal and gameplanning.

Our division will be tougher.....Washington looked solid....better coaching. The Giants will be easy pickings I think.

I'm not really shocked to see the defence play this way...they had holes last year....and they still have them this year.

The future is still bright thou.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Why, Newman couldn't shut down his side of the field, what makes you think that he could shut down Moss? Or is giving up 2 td's to Moss not enough?

Because.... one of the big strengths of our defense is Roy Williams. When you force the safeties back there to help out, you lose your strength and you give Culpepper more time. We couldn't stop them with more guys back there, we might as well take our chances with less coverage and try and pressure Culpepper into making bad decisions.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dpf1123 said:
You know...I always think that same thing when we're getting whooped, but then I think if you reversed the score we would act just as bad.

Of course we'd have to score 35 points and that hasn't happened since I don't know when.

Last year we scored 35 against New York on Monday night

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
windward said:
ok, barring a miracle, we've lost.

We will beat the Browns next week.

Book it. :cool:

Browns beat the ravens today pretty good. Ravens have a fairly good D, but like us have an O that stalled in the gate.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mash said:
The future is still bright thou.

It is only one game and we are playing a very very good offense. Next week, the Brownies will getting the treatment.

dpf1123

Reaction score
windward said:
Last year we scored 35 against New York on Monday night

I know. But that seems like an awfully long time ago. That was the Quincy Hambrick era.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
How bout our wounds...
Andre Gurode...sprained knee? How serious? Doesn't help not having Peterman anymore. Least Lehr is now experienced.