Official Game Thread...Vikings

Bluefin

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
It is only one game and we are playing a very very good offense. Next week, the Brownies will getting the treatment.
Those Brownies just dropped 20 on the Ravens defense this afternoon. That might be a confidence builder for their offense.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Assuming we get the ball back...put in Henson for our last series for the hell of it. :D Not that Vinny is our big problem, but for mop-up time.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
Browns beat the ravens today pretty good. Ravens have a fairly good D, but like us have an O that stalled in the gate.

The Ravens offense other than Lewis and maybe Heap is pitiful.They have no receivers or a quarterback.

We'll be at home next week, and the Browns are gonna be in for a long day

morasp

Reaction score
We aren't even in these guy's league. I'm not to sure about our coaching either.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is what happens when you let your starting CB walk via FA and then sit on your hands when NUMEROUS quality CBs were available via FA. Our CBs(excluding Newman) have to be among the worst in the league.

Our defense looks VERY mediocre. You simply can't chalk this up to Minny's offense knowing our 1st team struggled ALL pre-season. We've done a complete flip-flop from last season. Our offense will have to carry this team.

Where's Reshard Lee BTW? Maybe Parcells didn't like the way took his helmet off or something :mad:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Henson should have been in last series too. Yet another mistake by Tuna.

Henson is the emergency QB. Romo should have played.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I don't think our corners are to blame. We got dominated at the point of attack. Didn't stop anything. If anything it was the coaching that cost us this game: from the decision to sit Jones; to the decision to refuse to let Lee see the field again after he showed the ability to move the ball. And that's leaving out the decision to have McBriar hold. That was a killer.

Silverstar

Reaction score
We just got our 9th penalty...for over 100 yards.

Add 2 turnovers, poor tackling and a few PI's by our defense = LOSS

Just think, we still have over 6 million in cap space!

We should have put more of it to use.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Nors said:
Romo was backup.

Yeah. I got ahead of myself. Though the loss of this kind of opportunity to get Henson some reps highlights what I think is another mistake on Tuna's part: making Romo the backup.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
jordan20 said:
Either QB can play in the 4th quarter

Are you sure? My understanding is that the third QB can only play in the event of emergency (read: both starter and backup go down).

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I thought our O showed a lot of promise...........Our D ......please Woody hurry back.

The first Quarter was ours........we needed to finish the drive with TDs.

At the moment it's difficult to see any positives but there were some.

jordan20

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Are you sure? My understanding is that the third QB can only play in the event of emergency (read: both starter and backup go down).

Brad and Babe on the radio said Henson could play in the 4th???????

slick325

Reaction score
It's just one game.

I had to laugh as I typed that. This will be our season. Some days we will be ok others we won't. More importantly, B. Baldinger said the most profound thing I've heard from a "football guy" in awhile, he said Philly, NY, and Wash. realized you get a CB before you get a receiver. I can't emphasize this enough! Two Pro Bowl type corners give your D something you couldn't dream of.........an extra 4 seconds to get to a QB! We will learn this point this season. I believe in Jerry and Coach Parcells, they are too smart not to realize this. Yes, I realize that a Haley causes problems but any DL worth their weight can get a QB when CB combos like Vincent/Taylor or Madison/Surtain or TNew/insert A.Winfield, B. Taylor, S. Springs(who I grew up with and wanted to be in Dallas), T. Vincent are covering.

It's a long season and we'll see how we turn out. But, Dallas needs to remember there are only six positions on a field that need top dollar....QB, RB, WR, LT, RE AND CB. Any other position is gravy. Next offseason make J.Abraham a priority at RDE via free agency, get a CB via trade(still praying Nors) or draft(Antrel Rolle, M. Jackson..) or free agency (S. Rolle or Will Peterson) and draft a DT in the 1st.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Our D was terrible:

Blown assignments

Piss poor tackling

Lack of aggression

No pass rush

The secondary wasn't terrible. Not our main problem today

These are hallmarks of a unit that came out unprepared to play, Moss or no Moss, talent at CB or no talent at CB. Our heads and hearts weren't in this game on that side of the ball. A lot of this goes on Zimmer's and Parcells' heads.

On offense:

Penalties on OL continue to kill us

Poor execution in the red zone

Stop running RA/EG (esp on sweeps) - they are done. More carrries for Lee and Jones who will hopefully play next week. There are lots of yards being left out there on the field.

Tucker needs to be on the bench - even though he didn't give up a sack, his man was harassing VT all-game long. Looked like a fricking turnstyle out there. If BP wants to continue to start him, we need to keep a TE or RB out of his routes so that they can chip their man

Outside of Tucker and penalties the OL did play well

Keyshawn played well and tough as did Bryant and Glenn

VT played pretty well for the most part. We can't expect anymore out of him then what he gave us today.