Official Game Thread - Week 5 - Giants

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
It's over. Plain and damn simple. I cannot believe how vanilla this damn offense looked this game. Between that and the defense playing its worst game since Minnesota, there's no way we deserve to win this game even if some miracle happened and we came back.

We were over-committed to the run and it came back and bit us in the ***. We had this game in hand and did nothing to put it away.

Vman

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
... may as well put in Romo.

Really. I think Vinny may have hit his max number of games played for a season today.

How else can you explain it....?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
and that's what I mean about Parcells today...passing situation...time running out...hands the ball off to Anderson...dumb.

Fourth and one...pass to the FULLBACK...

Third and short, hand the ball off to the fullback...

In a field position game, attempts a 52 yard FG...

And best of all, Reshard Lee sees ONE series...averages 7 per attempt..and never sees the field again.

Yep...the players are playing poorly...but the coach is coaching poorly today as well...

dpf1123

Reaction score
The turning point of the game was Witten's fumble. We should have been up by at least 10.

Instead the Giants cut it to 4 and we never scored again.

Pathetic.

SacredStar

Reaction score
I still don't think the Giants are that good, but they are a balanced team, whereas Dallas is a very unbalanced team.

To go into Lambeau and now Texas Stadium and win big is huge for that organization.

Coughlin has got these guys playing good teamwork.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
and that's what I mean about Parcells today...passing situation...time running out...hands the ball off to Anderson...dumb.

Fourth and one...pass to the FULLBACK...

Third and short, hand the ball off to the fullback...

In a field position game, attempts a 52 yard FG...

And best of all, Reshard Lee sees ONE series...averages 7 per attempt..and never sees the field again.

Yep...the players are playing poorly...but the coach is coaching poorly today as well...

BP's pride and his belief that a 1st or 2nd year guy just can't get it done is his undoing. IE. Lee.

dpf1123

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
BP's pride and his belief that a 1st or 2nd year guy just can't get it done is his undoing. IE. Lee.

I don't get it. In the secondary, the young guys "just need to get it done" but Lee nevers sees the field.

Shakes head, turns off pathetic game.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Every big play this game has been by Tiki Barber. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I think he's suddenly an MVP candidate this year.

How terrible, but true.

Flat, bad play-calling, no getting the receivers involved early enough, sacrificing balance in order to establish a running game, stupid stupid penalties, and getting punked by freaking Tiki. Terry and AB, were they all of sudden just game fodder because it had to be proven we can run?

This is a game literally thrown away and the best we can hope for now is it ISN'T the one we have to point to in December as the beginning of the end, or the one that kept us out.

Shameful performances, from Bill all the way down to Rowdy for his lame act in the end zone.

Great - how fitting, it ends with a pick, and AB limping.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but this was like watching a game coached by Campo. There's no way in hell we should have lost like this after the 1st half we put in. Too much faith in George, and the defense just wilted like a rotten flower.

We stayed with the 1st half plan, while they adjusted and improved. We lost this game, plain and simple. Stupid mistakes, some bad calls, it all points in the same direction. A notch in the L column.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant is in some real pain. This doesn't look good at all.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:

It's just that he can be a stubborn mule because he knows better than everyone...and is always making sure he tells everyone as much.

Look, he's done a good job...certainly did last year...but I think his off season this year was atrocious...and his player decisions just as bad...

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
dpf1123 said:
The turning point of the game was Witten's fumble. We should have been up by at least 10.

Instead the Giants cut it to 4 and we never scored again.

Pathetic.

Disagree. The turning point (IMHO) was the Running into the Kicker penalty.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Hate to say it, but this was like watching a game coached by Campo. There's no way in hell we should have lost like this after the 1st half we put in. Too much faith in George, and the defense just wilted like a rotten flower.

We stayed with the 1st half plan, while they adjusted and improved. We lost this game, plain and simple. Stupid mistakes, some bad calls, it all points in the same direction. A notch in the L column.

People will focus on George's numbers, you just watch to justify his being on the field....but watch a replay of the game and notice how many yards he left out on the field today...his 8 yard runs would have been 30 yard runs by a quicker back...Namely Lee...

jordan20

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Bryant is in some real pain. This doesn't look good at all.
AB is a difference maker but this coaching staf fis going to hold him back. It might not matter know.

DMX6990

Reaction score
BulletBob said:

Final play for the offence, Byant blew his ACL. Done for the season. Let's just get Henson ready for next season.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
How terrible, but true.

Flat, bad play-calling, no getting the receivers involved early enough, sacrificing balance in order to establish a running game, stupid stupid penalties, and getting punked by freaking Tiki. Terry and AB, were they all of sudden just game fodder because it had to be proven we can run?

This is a game literally thrown away and the best we can hope for now is it ISN'T the one we have to point to in December as the beginning of the end, or the one that kept us out.

Shameful performances, from Bill all the way down to Rowdy for his lame act in the end zone.

Great - how fitting, it ends with a pick, and AB limping.

Glad I wasn't the only one noticing Rowdy...

And Musie, you are on the nose about the coaching job done today...awful...

Not that the players were great...but Bill and company were awful today.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BulletBob said:
Disagree. IMO, the turning point was Dixon's missed tackle which allowed Barber to break off that huge run. Shortly afterwards, the Giants went up 13-10. It was still a field position game up to that point.