Official Garret sucks/Fire him thread. *merged*

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure that’s it. And it’s just coincidence that that other story keeps appearing in every other thread somehow.
What can I say, he's a bad head coach and he's worse in person. I wouldn't care if I liked him or not if he could coach.
You sound jealous that I've met him and you just admire him from afar. Perhaps, if you had met him you would agree with me.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What can I say, he's a bad head coach and he's worse in person. I wouldn't care if I liked him or not if he could coach.
You sound jealous that I've met him and you just admire him from afar. Perhaps, if you had met him you would agree with me.

I don’t sound jealous at all. I just think you have an ax to grind on this one.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That was typical Garret at the end opting to cut the lead from 7 to 4 with 6 minutes remaining. I mean, you need TD no matter what and you haven't been this close to the end zone all game. Worst case, you don't score and the Pats get the ball at the 7 going against the wind. I like our chances a lot better in that scenerio.
also as others have said in that situation, the hc and playcaller should have looked at it as 4 down territory,
and change the play calls, so they dont wind up 4th and 7, maybe 4th and 3 instead, and go hurry up,dont give pats time to think.
The pats won today by avoiding mistakes, and when in the redzone they got a td.
Also they were not bothered by the weather, some cowboys were suited up like it was the ice bowl or something!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
good news is jerry isnt happy with what he saw and said it was bad coaching, he mentioned special teams,
so I am thinking the st coach is as good as gone.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’ll support him because he’s obviously done a good job in Dallas. Just like you’ll throw turds at him just to keep from admitting that simple fact is true.

He hasn't done a good job Idgit, just because you say it 5000 times doesn't make it true. :angry:

He still makes bone headed decisions and the players are not prepared properly. If the other team is not in punt return formation, they dont know what to do so they take a delay penalty or nobody tells them the ball is not going to make it to the end zone if kicking into the wind so move up, like Aikman said "This is bad coaching".

I think Troy Aikman knows more about football than anybody on this board does, so I will defer to him on this.:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep. You think that fact suddenly changed after a tough HomePods to the Patriots?! Lol.

I tell you what has not changed...…….losing to anybody half way decent...……….dont take my word for it, lets ask Troy about it.

Troy Aikman said during broadcast, "They have really beat nobody"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thing is “guru”...nobody cares what you have to say. Repeating it doesn’t change that.

And sticking to my opinion when the facts haven’t materially changed isn’t “ego.”

People care what Troy says, Idgit...……………….Troy says team has "just bad coaching".

I think Troy knows more about the materially relevant facts than anybody on this board does, so I think I will go with his opinion here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People care what Troy says, Idgit...……………….Troy says team has "just bad coaching".

I think Troy knows more about the materially relevant facts than anybody on this board does, so I think I will go with his opinion here.

Go for it. I haven’t expected you to change your mind on this particular topic. And I’d never suggest I expected we’d outcoach New England.

I’d agree our STs are poorly coached this season. I didn’t agree with Troy that you go for it on 4th and 7 with that time on the clock and three timeouts in your pocket. And that didn’t have anything to do with us getting beat. Garrett made the right call to take the points there and play for the win on the final drive.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Go for it. I haven’t expected you to change your mind on this particular topic. And I’d never suggest I expected we’d outcoach New England.

I’d agree our STs are poorly coached this season. I didn’t agree with Troy that you go for it on 4th and 7 with that time on the clock and three timeouts in your pocket. And that didn’t have anything to do with us getting beat. Garrett made the right call to take the points there and play for the win on the final drive.

Oh Idgit, I love you my brother but you just cant see the light on this:facepalm:

And if we fail to make the playoffs and Jason Garrett is fired, will you still say he did a good job in Dallas?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Idgit, I love you my brother but you just cant see the light on this:facepalm:

And if we fail to make the playoffs and Jason Garrett is fired, will you still say he did a good job in Dallas?

Believe it or not, how many posters on the internet agree with me has zero bearing on how I see things. And to answer your question: there is no doubt that Jason is at the very least a pretty good NFL HC. That won’t change if Jerry doesn’t extend him. I’d expect him to get a job right away and do well. If we miss the playoffs with this roster, he won’t have done a good job of coaching this season. This team is talented enough to win the NFC outright. He’s in a prove it year. He needs to win. Nothing different than I’ve said all along.

The nonsense that’s going on in here right now, though, is just so much disappointed noise. I don’t even listen to it, I have so little regard for the opinion of the mob. It’s the exact same voice that screamed at us that Dak couldn’t play QB at a high level in this league as recently as three months ago. Remember that? Because I do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Believe it or not, how many posters on the internet agree with me has zero bearing on how I see things. And to answer your question: there is no doubt that Jason is at the very least a pretty good NFL HC. That won’t change if Jerry doesn’t extend him. I’d expect him to get a job right away and do well. If we miss the playoffs with this roster, he won’t have done a good job of coaching this season. This team is talented enough to win the NFC outright. He’s in a prove it year. He needs to win. Nothing different than I’ve said all along.

The nonsense that’s going on in here right now, though, is just so much disappointed noise. I don’t even listen to it, I have so little regard for the opinion of the mob. It’s the exact same voice that screamed at us that Dak couldn’t play QB at a high level in this league as recently as three months ago. Remember that? Because I do.

The talent on this roster is better than 6-5...………..that points directly toward coaching.

Even Jerry is starting to see this, he just said after the game that "with this roster I should not be this frustrated".

Again, that points directly at coaching.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The talent on this roster is better than 6-5...………..that points directly toward coaching.

Even Jerry is starting to see this, he just said after the game that "with this roster I should not be this frustrated".

Again, that points directly at coaching.

Not necessarily. I’d argue that turnovers have been the primary reason we’ve lost the close games to good teams. Today it was the blocked punt, which acted a lot like a turnover.

Though I do agree we’ve had some coaching shortcomings this season. Especially on STs, but we’ve had small issues everywhere.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I’d argue that turnovers have been the primary reason we’ve lost the close games to good teams. Today it was the blocked punt, which acted a lot like a turnover.

Though I do agree we’ve had some coaching shortcomings this season. Especially on STs, but we’ve had small issues everywhere.

Oh Idgit, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the coaching.

You still my boy, even if I give you a hard time about Garrett.:grin:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Idgit, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the coaching.
You still my boy, even if I give you a hard time about Garrett.:grin:

We’re a game + up with 5 to go and PHI still on the schedule. I always say wait until after Thanksgiving and then we’ll talk about who’s going to make a run. It doesn’t look great right now, but, 100%, some team that’s off the radar right now is going to step up big time between now and then that nobody sees coming. It happens almost every year.