Official I quit as a fan because of TO *merged*

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Didn't some folks promise to leave the Cowboys forever if they signed TO? Just wondering if anyone intends on keeping that promise and forever dropping the Cowboys as a team because of Terrell Owens?

Hey, it happens. I know folks who left the Cowboys forever when they dropped Landry. Most came back, but there were a few stubborn ones (mostly the part-time football fans) who never came back to Big D.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave said he was gone till TO leaves.

There was another but I can't remember who it was.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wouldn't leave unless they either changed the name/logo/or location of the DFW area.

Woods

Reaction score
Rack said:
Shotgun Dave said he was gone till TO leaves.

There was another but I can't remember who it was.

Ashwynn? Though that would be unfortunate. He had some good posts.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I remember one year I tried to leave the Cowboys and started rooting for my homestate Cleveland Browns. That experiment didn't even last a season as I just could stay away from the Cowboys and rooting for them. It was like there was no joy in football for me anymore. I don't really know what it would take for me to actually start disliking the Cowboys, but if the Laundry firing didn't do it then I can't really imagine a scenario that would.

Maybe Jerry selling the team to Dan Snyder would do it. :D

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Didn't some folks promise to leave the Cowboys forever if they signed TO? Just wondering if anyone intends on keeping that promise and forever dropping the Cowboys as a team because of Terrell Owens?

Hey, it happens. I know folks who left the Cowboys forever when they dropped Landry. Most came back, but there were a few stubborn ones (mostly the part-time football fans) who never came back to Big D.
Players come and go; the team is forever. No way would I let a player force me to abandom my team.....

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
I'd only ever stop being a cowboy fan if Joe Gibbs became our coach. Yea, if that happen, I'd be missing from this land during that time. But never from a particular player being signed, that's just dumb. And if that "dumb" label aggrivates you, deal, fairweather.

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Never will leave my team. You dont have to like a guy but dont turn on your team. I dont like T.O. as a person but he will open up this offense and hopefully we can go dancing and win another ring.

Manster54

Reaction score
I considered leaving when Landry was fired, but there I was watching Jimmy win his first game against the Commanders the next year... Leaving the 'Boys because of this T.O. chump would almost be like letting him desecrate the star all over again.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
I say if they leave b/c Owens signed, Then don't bother coming back b/c you
are not wanted in our fan base any more, you are a Cowboy sink/swim so the
line for the exit forms to the right don't let the door hit you in the ars on the
way out

kapolani

Reaction score
leave... don't let the door hit your butt on the way out...

I didn't always like the guys I played with. You don't have to like them to win ball games.

He can only make us better.

Duane

Reaction score
If I can stay when Jerry booted Landry, Campo had three 5-11 seasons and chutch was our QB, I can stay with TO.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I would bet 99.9% will stick around just to see what happens. :wink: :)

As for myself I wouldn't miss it for the world........You know, there is at least a 50-50 chance this could be just what the Doctor ordered.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have to admit, the way Landry got fired was far worse in terms of disrespecting the star then anything TO has done or could ever do. There would be NO star if it wasn't for Landry. I was highly pissed and will never forgive JJ for that. Actually, I never liked Jimmy because of it either, even after the 2 SB. But come sunday, I root for my Boys, not a player, not an owner and not a coach.

tunahelper36

Reaction score
It will probablly be the same ones that said they weren't going to watch the Cowboys when Landry was fired. I was one of them.

Superbowls eased the pain. The Dallas Cowboys can make hypocrites out of anyone, its ok, it comes with the territory when you're a fan of the Cowboys.

Manster54

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
I have to admit, the way Landry got fired was far worse in terms of disrespecting the star then anything TO has done or could ever do. There would be NO star if it wasn't for Landry. I was highly pissed and will never forgive JJ for that. Actually, I never liked Jimmy because of it either, even after the 2 SB. But come sunday, I root for my Boys, not a player, not an owner and not a coach.

:hammer:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I they told the truth, then you should not hear from them! However, the Zone is so adictive, true Cowboy fans will never leave unless the Mods kick us off!

We do not needs fickle fans anyhow.......Go Cowboys

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
All I am saying is if anyone is gonna leave..b/c Dallas signed T.O. then leave
and don't let the door hit yeah..where the the good lord split yeah, I am sure
plenty of cry baby Dallas fans will be looking for new teams once the season
gets started..And that's fine but once they leave that door is closed forever
you pass the point of no return..true Dallas fans didn't bail when times were
rough and we are not able to bail just because they signed Terrell Owens

I may not have liked that Owens went to the star in 2000, but I got over
it time to grow up..Terrell Owens signing with us is a great thing this is
the first time we have had a true number 1 wide reciever in Dallas since
Michael Irvin retired. so I am gonna make the most out of watching T.O.
catching passes in Dallas the rest can do as they please

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I really dont see the need to create these topics. Some people arent happy about Owens and its understandable. I dont like him for alot that he does, but I am willing to "take a chance, risk".... I believe in redeeming yourself, second and extra chances(to get it right in life) etc...

Calling others out that dont like/want him will NOT be good for this board. I see it already.

I am going on record that I will not taunt and post I told you so's. Book it. I may say... it was good that we got him... we already know what he can bring... so I may shout out once in a while in celebration... nothing to antagonize.... more of us should be like that....

Peace!