News: Official: Jerry statement on not renewing Garrett contract

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course Jerry’s official statement would concur, which proves how much the Garrett family means to Jerry. If Jason is using his buddies to rant about Jerry, than Jason is a piece of garbage, because of how much Jerry has done for them. That’s the very definition of ingratitude. Jason, if he was a man of integrity like you claim, needs to tell his buddy Troy to calm down.

Facts also tell us Jim Garrett failed in Columbia without Jerry around him and his HC stint was full of dysfunction.

So apparently you get it, but you don’t get it.
Your obsession with Jims stint at Columbia is hilarious. No mention of course of his other coaching stints. Suspect troll like behavior.

Jerry’s obsession with Jason and the Garrett family isn’t on Jason. It’s Jerrys selfish ambitions which led him to hire and find excuses to retain him all of these years.

khiladi

Reaction score
Your obsession with Jims stint at Columbia is hilarious. No mention of course of his other coaching stints. Suspect troll like behavior.

Jerry’s obsession with Jason and the Garrett family isn’t on Jason. It’s Jerrys selfish ambitions which led him to hire and find excuses to retain him all of these years.

LOL..

I said his track record was downward. He went from the NFL to HS and ended up as a scout for a year. The guy was moving downward in life until he worked himself into Jerry’s inner circle. Then Jim got his sons jobs at Dallas. Father Garrett took his kids with him wherever he had the power, like he did in Columbia. He’s as NEPOTISTIC as Jerry is.

And now you are saying Jerry was obsessed with them... wow..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No my intention was to discount and discredit you trying to argue he is part of the legacy of Landry, when he was here for about one year.

My intent was to bring actual facts to the discussions while your prime post was some nauseous sentimental defense of the Garrett’s, like they were not influencing Jerry in his dysfunction.
Your intent choosing certain facts to spin your attack on Jim is the only reason I’ve responded.

He was hired by Landry. And on his staff for 2 years not about 1 year is a direct attempt at discrediting the connection.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL..

I said his track record was downward. He went from the NFL to HS and ended up as a scout for a year. The guy was moving downward in life until he worked himself into Jerry’s inner circle. Then Jim got his sons jobs at Dallas. Father Garrett took his kids with him wherever he had the power, like he did in Columbia. He’s as NEPOTISTIC as Jerry is.

And now you are saying
Who cares about Jim’s coaching career? My only argument is he had a connection to Landry era however brief it was.

khiladi

Reaction score
Your intent choosing certain facts to spin your attack on Jim is the only reason I’ve responded.

He was hired by Landry. And on his staff for 2 years not about 1 year is a direct attempt at discrediting the connection.

No, my intent was to correct your sentimental spin on the matter, like the Garrett family are a well-reknowned family in the football world and they were some VICTIMS to Jerry. Nobody would know these clowns if it wasn’t for Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, my intent was to correct your sentimental spin on the matter, like the Garrett family are a well-reknowned family in the football world and they were some VICTIMS to Jerry. Nobody would know these clowns if it wasn’t for Jerry.
You can’t correct a sentimental spin. You can only attack and bash it. Lol

And their families connection to Landry and the Cowboys is indisputable.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looking back over the past couple of weeks, I am struck by what a complete cluster Jones and Garrett have made of the Dallas Cowboys.

They have turned what is normally a straight-forward event - the firing of a a coach - into a teenage break-up complete with national media attention.

First, you can't get Jerry to stop talking about Garrett and the search for a new coach. Then, Elvis.. err, Garrett won't leave the building. Amid multiple meetings, the media reports that Garrett is negotiating for another chance to coach the Cowboys. To complete the circus event, the FO starts lining up prospective coaches while Garrett is under contract.

All the while, this is playing out on Twitter-verse and it drags on and on.

What in the name of Abraham Lincoln's mother is going on? But we all know what's going on - it is Jerry being Jerry. If you ever needed proof that Jerry morphed into Al Davis, look no further than this week.

If nothing else, Jerry has manage to keep an 8-8 team newsworthy during the playoffs. What an embarrassment!!

khiladi

Reaction score
You can’t correct a sentimental spin. You can only attack and bash it. Lol

And their families connection to Landry and the Cowboys is indisputable.

OK you win.. the Garrett’s are legends and Jason will become a HC and be the next Bellichek without Jimmy standing over his shoulder.

When Is Judd Garrett going to step down from his role as Director of Pro Scouting in Dallas, considering how much Jerry supposedly stifles the world’s most renowned football family?

khiladi

Reaction score
Looking back over the past couple of weeks, I am struck by what a complete cluster Jones and Garrett have made of the Dallas Cowboys.

They have turned what is normally a straight-forward event - the firing of a a coach - into a teenage break-up complete with national media attention.

First, you can't get Jerry to stop talking about Garrett and the search for a new coach. Then, Elvis.. err, Garrett won't leave the building. Amid multiple meetings, the media reports that Garrett is negotiating for another chance to coach the Cowboys. To complete the circus event, the FO starts lining up prospective coaches while Garrett is under contract.

All the while, this is playing out on Twitter-verse and it drags on and on.

What in the name of Abraham Lincoln's mother is going on? But we all know what's going on - it is Jerry being Jerry. If you ever needed proof that Jerry morphed into Al Davis, look no further than this week.

If nothing else, Jerry has manage to keep an 8-8 team newsworthy during the playoffs. What an embarrassment!!

All the other staff were told they could start looking. It’s probably pretty obvious. Jerry fired Landry and Wade way more abruptly. Jerry loves Jason and took his time to let it settle.

but Jason wouldn’t leave...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK you win.. the Garrett’s are legends and Jason will become a HC and be the next Bellichek without Jimmy standing over his shoulder.

When Is Judd Garrett going to step down from his role as Director of Pro Scouting in Dallas, considering how much Jerry supposedly stifles the world’s most renowned football family?
I don't recall ever associating or using the word “ Legend” when addressing the Garrett family connection to Landry and history with the Cowboys.

My support of Garrett didn’t revolve around his coaching ability or lack thereof. You obviously haven’t followed me all of these years.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't recall ever associating or using the word “ Legend” when addressing the Garrett family connection to Landry and history with the Cowboys.

My support of Garrett didn’t revolve around his coaching ability or lack thereof. You obviously haven’t followed me all of these years.

So when is Judd Garrett going to step down from his role as Director of Pro Scouting?

khiladi

Reaction score
I have no idea. If indeed he has plans too.

So basically Jason tried to beg for his job and Judd is still kicking it with Jerry, meaning the Garrett family is still trying to ride the Jerry train of “dysfunction”...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So basically Jason tried to beg for his job and Judd is still kicking it with Jerry, meaning the Garrett family is still trying to ride the Jerry train of “dysfunction”...
There’a a whole lot of dysfunction going on at the Star.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So basically the Garrett’s were a big part of the dysfunction..
I’ve described Jason over the years as a product of the dysfunction.

It didn’t begin with the Garretts and it won’t end with them.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’ve described Jason over the years as a product of the dysfunction.

It didn’t begin with the Garretts and it won’t end with them.

So the Garrett’s are products, even though dysfunction followed them before Jerry at Columbia? Is Lacewell also a product of the dysfunction? How are guys like Jim and Lacewell products, if they are or were part of Jerry’s inner circle?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I guarantee Garrett is in the Ring of Honor before Jimmy.

Jones would probably try to sell it as the "second most winningest coach in Dallas Cowboys history" or some garbage.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ok. Here we go. Who is next. JJ may actually do one more time what he did with Johnson and tuna. Give them some actual power. I don’t mind him getting with McClay and running the draft. But let the HC do there job.

cml750

Reaction score
Finally.

After 4 years of not watching and not buying gear waiting for Garrett to be fired, I can finally participate again!

Me and some buddies are having a red clapper fired party and I'm wearing my #9 jersey.
Right there with you bro. I have not watched a game in two years. I will purchase my first Cowboy gear in almost a decade this week. I am EXTREMELY excited now that the nightmare is over.