Official: Kellen Moore made OC, Kitna QB Coach

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What about the folks outside of the organization that sing praises to Kellen? Do we just act like that does not exist?

Idgit has an entire roster of quotes in his sig from people outside the organization talking about how great Garrett is.

How has that worked out? ;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I guess you don’t know how football works. You put the offense and defensive schemes with all the terminology and plays starting with OTA’s, mini-camp and preseason. During the regular season, you may tweak a play here and there, which they did, but you don’t put in a whole new offense. Especially when you’re the QB coach and not the OC.

So you cant change any plays during the bye week, but you did fire some coaches.

I think its you that is having a hard time understanding the game bro...…………...but whatever, keep waving those pom poms:thumbup:

75boyz

Reaction score
The homers are grasping at straws here, trying to find some way to justify this as anything other than being a clown show.

It's about as ironic as it gets on a real life level for me because if you all knew me on a personal level it would be the impression of "glass always more than half full positive Pollyanna type personality...

BUT then that ill hobby/ fandom/obsession of mine called the Dallas Cowboys gets in the way and kinda one eighties me into a negative Nancy based on RESULTS of the past 25 years.

It's actually funny to me now that anyone that cant tie in the common denominator correlation of the ownership/GM title, Head Coach and in my amateur eyes, Quarterback position as leading contributors to both past present, and foreseeable future failure for these Dallas Cowboys.

Almost as if Im in some separate state of reality and I am not supposed to believe my own eyes. I make no apologies. Results are results and I guess other opinions are less empirically based which for me personally, I may never understand but its okay. To each his own.

shabazz

Reaction score
The homers are grasping at straws here, trying to find some way to justify this as anything other than being a clown show.

That’s just for now. Once the passing attack struggles again they will turn on him in a heartbeat. The anointed one leaves a trail of discarded coordinators behind him

_sturt_

Reaction score
On the contrary, JG is a lame duck coach. You're not going to get a big move OC to come to Dallas under that situation.

Jerry appears to be sending a message to Garrett: it's your offense, your team, produce this year or don't expect a new contract.

Agreed, on both counts, thought the snarky word choice in the second part probably are not words Jerry would actually use...

Yes, it was going to be challenging to bring an outsider into the circle without Jerry having made a bigger commitment to Garrett...

And yes, Jerry/Stephen... probably more Stephen... are at least smart enough not to remove any of the natural pressure to produce from the scenario.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You left out a 3rd option...………...so horrific I hate to even mention it.

The team blows next season, no playoffs, and Moore is the next sacrificial lamb to give cover to Garrett. When asked about why the offense cant score in the red zone, Clappy will just point to Moore and say "I know nothing, that dude over there is totally in charge of this inept offense".

You know its coming. Garrett is notorious for throwing other coaches and players under the bus to save his own hide. Dont see next year being any different.

I'm one of the many disappointed in the decision, mainly because they didn't have the confidence in the new hire to go ahead and give him the job from the git-go. If they aren't that confident, I sure ain't.

Having said that, there is such a thing as going too far to the other cynical, presumptuous extreme, and it ends up saying more about the person taking shots than the person being targeted.

Just sayin.

Beaker42

Reaction score
You'd be fine with a wild card round win and losing in the divisional round again? I wouldn't. Though it would be progress making the playoffs back to back years. Still not enough for me from a coach in his 9th full year.

You’re right Risen - worst outcome would be what happened this season. No way do I want a one and done again. I’d rather we win 4-5 games than get JG extended.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't like this move at all because it's risky. If it doesn't pan out, they will just fire Moore and move on. It places no accountability on Garrett or the coaching staff.

By design.

Garrett always arranges a scapegoat.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

An improvement from last year at both positions. I'll take it.

Keep in mind there was some bizarre thing going on between Dak and Linehan, where Moore was the go between "mediator". An org of grown ups wouldn't have put up with that, but getting rid of such obvious dysfunction is a significant plus.

Aven8

Reaction score
First order of business Kellen, scrap the 8 yard button hook!

Pants

Reaction score
We will know if Kellen brings anything different if Zeke isn’t run up the middle in the first play in game 1

I am intrigued

As someone else said, if they weee going to make this decision, why not do this a week ago. Was this plan B? It seemed like they were waiting for someone from the final 4? Did someone finally say “no”?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm not convinced he'll be able to operate his own system. He'll be handicapped by having to modify Garrett's and stay within Garrett's philosophy.

In other words, Moore may be a better offensive coordinator than what we'll get to see. He's not going to be given carte blanche to run the offense.

morat1959

Reaction score
You'd be fine with a wild card round win and losing in the divisional round again? I wouldn't. Though it would be progress making the playoffs back to back years. Still not enough for me from a coach in his 9th full year.
I just hit the ignore button instead of replying to his nonsense.